CHAPTER CHAPTER CHAPTER

You Never Know Until You Try!

 

*YOUR POV*

 

“Odagiri… you can let go of me now,” I whispered to my boyfriend. He reluctantly released me from his hug and stepped back.

 

“Since ________ finally got a boyfriend, everything is on the house today!” Kuma declared, his eyes disappearing behind his smiling dimples.

 

Uttering loud cheers, the guys dug into the steaming bowls of noodles that he generously set down in front of us. I waved at Takeda, who was sitting two seats away from me. Everyone had gathered the tables into the center of the room and we were seated in a large circle, slurping away at our delicious meal. Grinning, Take returned my wave and pointed at his food, holding two thumbs up.

 

“What did Kuma-ssi mean when he said that almost everyone is here?” asked Doojoon, the silent observer, as Kikwang quickly went over the major parts in our prior conversation for his friends in Korean.

 

“I grew up with Seiji,” I pointed to the man who was sitting across from me, “and his best friend Ren,” I flicked my finger to the guy next to Seiji. “Because I’ve known them for so long, they’re like brothers to me. Kikwang became my friend during our first year of middle school. Kuma, Shin, Noda, Ucchi, and Minami were also my friends in middle school- they were my sunbaes. I don’t think Kikwang met them though…” Kikwang shook his head. “They’ve graduated from high school already and everyone went their own ways. Kuma’s the only one who stayed in the area. Odagiri, Takeda, Tsuchiya, Yabuki, and Hyuuga,” I pointed to each boy as I called their name, “are my troublesome classmates this year. The guys that I named are my most important friends,” I explained. “And of course, my cousin Sho is on the list.”

 

“Only guy friends?” Dongwoon asked incredulously. I was about to reply when I noticed everyone else at the table giving me funny looks. I returned their confused gaze, feeling completely puzzled.

 

“I tend not to get along so well with girls. They think I’m a because I hang out with guys all the time…”

 

“And they’re jealous of you,” Yoseob finished my sentence. I nodded slowly, answering his unasked question while trying to figure out why everyone was silent and giving me funky glances. Then it dawned on me.

 

I was speaking in Korean and everyone at the table, besides for Kikwang and his friends who were listening to me attentively, only understood Japanese! I quickly explained my Korean monologue to the rest of the crowd and instantly the room was filled with the sound of people going “aaah”.

 

The rest of the late lunch/early dinner was crammed full of happy chattering as new friendships were made and numbers were passed around. I laughed as Hyunseung and Yoseob fought over my phone and who would have their number entered first out of their groupie.

 

Kikwang smirked. “My number’s already in there.”

 

The two froze as they realized the truth and glared at him. “Cheater…”

 

Junhyung casually picked up my mobile device from Yoseob’s loose grasp and punched his digits into it, using it to call his own. He saved my number onto his phone under the name “Japan’s No.1”. “Unlike you idiots, I’m not desperate.”

 

Hyunseung whined as he playfully socked Junhyung in the arm. “That’s not fair. You have a girlfriend already! And she’s super pretty.”

 

“Hara and I are perfect for each other,” Junhyung pretended like he was floating in heaven as he continued to tease his lonely friends. The friendly bantering continued for a few more hours, everyone somehow managing to understand each other despite the language barriers. Kuma even wiped his hands and sat down with us, gladly reciting all of the mishaps that his class got into, many of which included me. Hours flew by and soon regular customers began to pour in. We wrapped everything up and bade goodbye to Kuma, thanking him for the food. Once outside, we all stood in silence, not wanting to be the first to leave.

 

“I guess I better go,” Seiji said finally. “I need to get home before I get in trouble. It was nice meeting you guys!” And then to the Korean group, he added, “Next time you guys drop by, be sure to call me up!” Instantly the rest of us chorused his last sentence.

 

“And if you guys visit Korea, we’ll be glad to take you around,” they grinned as they boarded a taxi. We waved until they were out of sight, and everyone left, heading for their homes. My classmates and I strolled along, enjoying the breeze and cool weather.

 

“Your other friends are pretty cool,” Takeda remarked.

 

“Thanks,” I flashed a smile at him. Odagiri pouted as he held me hand.

 

“Too many guys,” he mumbled.

 

I nudged him. “Aw, you’re jealous?” He pulled his hand away from mine and slung his arm around my shoulder.

 

“Of course I am! My girl is way too popular with guys,” he sighed. His friends grinned and playfully pulled me away from him.

 

“Yah,” Odagiri complained, reaching out to me. Tsuchiya stepped between us and vigorously shook his outstretched hand. Odagiri yanked his hand away, nursing a grudge for his friend.

 

“You guys…” a chuckle escaped my lips when Hyuuga and Takeda took my hands and began to skip away, pulling me with them.

 

“Give me my girlfriend back!” Odagiri hollered as he dashed to catch up with us. “That’s it. We’re going our own way,” he declared as he urgently yanked me down another street, leaving his buddies behind roaring with laughter. “Finally.”

 

“I’m tired.” I yawned, stopping for a moment to stretch my arms. He looked at me and suddenly crouched in front of me.

 

“Get on,” he ordered. I climbed onto his back and received a piggy-back ride all the way home.

 

Unlocking the door, I tossed my purse onto the couch and collapsed beside it. “Today was fun,” I smiled up at him.

 

“Yeah it was. But the real fun doesn’t start ‘til now.” He pulled me onto the floor beside him and began to snuggle close to me. Laughing, I pushed him away.

 

“We have school tomorrow. And like I said, no funny business mister,” I wagged my finger at him. “I love you.”

 

“I love you too.”

 

~~~~~

 

Sorry about the spacing.. I barely had time to finish typing this chapter and posting it before my mom kicked me off the computer. 

Thanks for waiting! && I hope you guys like it (:

-- silverX