Katakura Sorao; lunch; Anger.

You Never Know Until You Try!

 

*YOUR POV*

 

Rolling over, I groaned when I bumped into something. Something warm.

 

My eyes flew open. “EH?”

 

Odagiri was lying on the floor next to me, still asleep.

 

Oh right. Yesterday after the pillow fight, we sat here and talked about the most random things ever and we fell asleep here…

 

Seeing his peaceful face made me want to pinch his cheek, but guys need their sleep. I sighed as I pulled my itching hand back.

 

Slowly rising to a sitting position, I massaged my sore muscles and looked at my already fading bruises. “Man, my body heals fast.”

 

After changing my clothes, I prepared for school, waking Odagiri up at the last minute.

 

“Whaaat?” He complained with his eyes still closed.

 

I shook him again.

 

“Leave me alone… I’m going to grab that piece of chocolate and NO ONE IS GOING TO STOP ME!” His fist punched an invisible enemy as he rolled back over and snuggled into the pile of blankets on the floor.

 

“ODAGIRI RYU!” I raised my voice.

 

No response.

 

“You little…” My hand s out towards him, reaching for his vulnerably exposed side. *Poke*

 

“AAAARRRRG!” My boyfriend’s eyes bulged open, his warm hazel colored eyes searching the room for some unknown intruder. He looked up at me. “I had the weirdest dream,” he sat up and sighed. “There was this luscious piece of chocolate that I wanted, but there were these annoying gangsters in the way. I fought them off one by one. But just as I was about to touch the chocolate, someone poked me! And I woke up.”

 

“How… interesting.” I tried to keep my face in a straight line. “Anyways, get ready for school.”

 

He kept looking at me, his puppy dog eyes pleading for something.

 

“What?” I asked innocently.

 

“Kisu?” He pointed at his lips.

 

“Baka. Get ready for school, now.” I started to walk away.

 

Before I could get too far though, something someone grabbed my leg. I glanced down wearily at Odagiri, his face the picture of innocence. Reaching up, he took hold of my arm and pulled me down beside him.

 

“My girlfriend is so cold in the morning,” he pouted, hugging me tightly. Giving in, I hugged him back. I pulled away and stood up.

 

“We’re going to be late!” I placed my hand on my waist.

 

His gaze followed my arm. “Ooh, my girlfriend’s waist is soo tiny!”

 

Blushing, I folded my hands in front of me. “Come on!”

 

As I walked again, he yanked me down, once again. This time however, he rolled me beneath him and he pushed himself up on his elbows, hovering over me.

 

“Yah!”

 

His head came down and rested on the crook of my neck.

 

“Yah!” I struggled to get out of his grasp, which only resulted in him lying completely on top of me. My face flamed as I gasped with shock. “You-”

 

He stopped my words with his lips, his soft, seeking lips. My heart raced and melted as he bit down on my bottom lip. , I shoved him away, my entire body on fire.

 

“I told you no funny business!” I quickly patted down my hair and straightened out my clothes.

 

Ryu continued lying on the floor, watching me with an amused expression. “You liked it though, didn’t you?”

 

I stalked out of the room and waited for him outside.

 

When he finally appeared, he motioned for me to go first.

 

“Fine…” I sulked as I turned around and started walking. Suddenly he reached and spun me around, planting another kiss on my lips. Releasing me from his hold, he placed his forehead on mine.

 

“Stay safe,” he whispered and winked.

 

I hummed as I strolled to school, my spirits completely lifted.

 

“Watch out!” Someone ran towards me, his uniform flapping behind him as he dodged from his chasers.

 

That uniform… Onizuku Middle?

 

I stepped aside, letting the boy fly by me and twirled on his attackers.

 

“Leave him alone,” I demanded.

 

The leader of their group growled as he looked me over warily. “Little girl, I’d advise you to mind your own business.”

 

Their target slowly crept up and peered at them cautiously from behind me.

 

“Why are you chasing him?” I frowned at the messy array of arrogant men in front of me.

 

They laughed. “Look at his uniform! Only wealthy parents can afford to send their spoiled children there.”

 

“Back off,” I warned, my eyes flashing with danger.

 

One of the sidekicks opened his mouth to object when their leader cut him off. “You got lucky this time, kid,” he smirked. With a wave, they left and disappeared.

 

I turned around and eyed the kid carefully.

 

“A-arigatou,” he stammered, clutching his book close.

 

I smiled. “No problem. What grade are you in?”

 

“I’m in my third year,” he answered nervously.

 

“Oh! Then what high school are you going to next year?”

 

“Hiroshiku Gakuen.”

 

I nodded. “That’s a good school. What’s your name?”

 

“Katakura Sorao. What about you?”

 

“I’m ________ from Kurogin Gakuen. I better go, or I’m going to be late. Stay safe, okay?” I waved bye and dashed away.

 

“I’m here!” I yelled, slamming the door open just as the bell rang. Huffing, I sank into my seat as the class stared at me in bewilderment.

 

I greeted my friends and frowned as I realized Odagiri wasn’t here yet.

 

Yankumi started to take roll and paused after calling out Odagiri’s name.

 

“He won’t be coming back,” a student called out.

 

“Yeah! He came yesterday on an impulse,” another one agreed.

 

“He doesn’t need to come, he gets the VIP treatment!”

 

“Aww, I wish I had a big daddy so I can get VIP treatment too,” someone whined.

 

I clenched my teeth.

 

Just as Yankumi was about to move on to the next person, the door opened with a bangand in sauntered Odagiri. Yankumi, Take, and I smiled our relief.

 

“Odagiri, you’re tardy,” Yankumi tapped her pen, “I won’t be giving out any VIP treatment to any of my students.”

 

He walked by her and slumped down in his seat. Feeling Yabuki’s furious gaze on his neck, he turned around. Tension rose in the air as the current leader and the ex-leader stared each other down.

 

“Ahem,” the teacher cleared . “I’m done with roll-call… we’re missing some students but class will begin now.”

 

Seeing that no drama happened, I relaxed and lowered my head to my desk, falling asleep into dreamland.

 

Ding Dong Ding ~

 

The rush of students hurrying to lunch woke me up and I groggily rubbed my eyes. Yawning, I stumbled out of my desk, grabbed my lunch, and headed for the roof. Finding a sunny spot, I sat down and opened the bento, and amazing aroma wafted out.

 

Eating half of my meal, I packed everything up and curled up, the sunlight softly beating down on me, luring me to sleep. I set the alarm on my phone and answered the sun’s love call, drifting off into space.

 

“Eh?” I yawned, waking up. With my eyes still closed, I reached out to grab my phone, making sure I didn’t oversleep. I touched something soft and warm.

 

My eyes widened when I realized that Odagiri was sleeping next to me, his body curled around mine, his face only a few inches away from mine.

 

Finally finding my phone, which he had pushed away along with my bento, I checked the time. “Still have ten minutes,” I breathed. I watched the person beside me, a smile forming on my face. “You dork.”

 

I scooted closer and settled down again. His eyes opened.

 

“I found you,” he laughed. I rolled my eyes. “I’m still hungry,” he informed me shamelessly.

 

“I have leftovers,” I sighed as I got up and opened the container. His arms wrapped around me and pulled me back down again. “You’re awfully touchy, you know that?” I wrinkled my nose.

 

“You know you like it,” was his reply.

 

I couldn’t combat that. Ignoring his comment, I stuck a piece of sushi at his lips, eating for him to eat it. Looking at me with humor in his eyes, he chewed the food, swallowed, and opened his mouth for more.

 

He pointed at his hungry mouth. “Ah, ah, AH.”

 

Rolling my eyes, I gave him another piece. “Pffft.”

 

He grinned as he took my chopsticks from me. “Ahh,” he sang as he placed a piece of sushi at my lips.

 

Laughing, I ate it and gave him a thumbs up.

 

My alarm rang and I pushed Odagiri up. “Time to go,” I sang as I gathered my things. Right when we reached the door, he pushed me against the wall.

 

“You seriously don’t think I’m letting you go like this right,” he teased, his eyes watching my lips hungrily. He leaned in, his breath hot against my face. “You’re beautiful, you know that?”

 

“You and your skinship,” I murmured.

 

He laughed. “Only with you.”

 

He kissed me, his lips devouring mine as they slowly trailed down toward my neck.

 

My hands gripped his back. “Hey…” I pushed him away.

 

“Sorry,” he sheepishly apologized under my stern gaze. “I can’t help it though… you’re too tempting!”

 

“You punk,” I smiled.

 

We headed to class together and as we neared the room, angry voices drifted out. We hastened our speed.

 

“Once Yabuki returns from lunch, we’ll get those Ara High bastards!” The class shouted, their rage boiling over the top and sloshing down on the ground around them.

 

Odagiri and I glanced at each other, alarm in our eyes. “What’s going on?”