Dinner with the boys

You Never Know Until You Try!

 

*YOUR POV*

 

I hurriedly punched in to code to my door and rushed in, taking my shoes off. “Takeda! I’m glad you made it!” Odagiri and Takeda were cheerfully chatting on the sofa, bringing a smile to my face.

Odagiri tapped his watch. “You got lucky. It’s exactly 5:00 right now.”

I rolled my eyes. “What are you going to do if I’m late? Kick me out of my own house?”

He nodded.

“Whatever. Anyways, you feeling better?” I called over my shoulder as I headed for the kitchen, washing my hands and patting them dry on a towel.

“Ah.”

Psh, that boy and his ‘ah’ answers. He could just say ‘yes’, right? Why ‘ah’?

“That’s good. Takeda, would you like a drink?” I took out all the ingredients I needed and started chopping the vegetables.

“Nah, it’s all good. Ryu got me covered.”

I laughed. “Is that right? I’m surprised.”

“Hey, I used to be a host,” he protested.

“Anyways, ex-host, keep your guest entertained, okay? I gotta get cooking.” Plugging my music into the speakers I had installed in the kitchen, K-pop started pouring forth. Scrolling through the list of songs, I finally decided on INFINITE’s Can You Smile Remix.

“OMG! L AND WOOHYUN ARE SOOO CUTE!” I squealed when I saw the picture I selected as the album cover. Humming along with the music, I set to work.

“Oh my, this smells absolutely heavenly!” Ryu limped over to me and stole a piece of the ravioli. “This alien food is something you guys eat in America?”

“Yeah.” I smacked his hand away. “Wait until it’s all done!”

He pouted; sauce lining the edge of his mouth as Takeda eagerly joined us.

“Would you like a piece?” I innocently asked Takeda, making Odagiri complain about my biased treatment.

“Gladly,” he snickered as he bit into the ravioli. “Dang! This is good! You made all of this from scratch?”

I bobbed my head up and down as I began setting the tables and scooping the good onto plates. I grabbed a salad from the fridge and ladled the soup from the pot. Placing everything on the table, I finally took a deep breath.

“Dinner is served,” I called, satisfied with my work.

“Itadakimasu,” we said cheerfully as we started digging into our meal.

We spent the evening joking around, getting to know each other better. Soon I was completely relaxed around the boys, something that doesn’t happen often.

“Come back soon,” Takeda pleaded as he left.

I nudged Odagiri. “Yeah, buster.”