Happy and Not So Happy Endings

The Other Side of the Mirror

"And so." Sunmi sighed contently as she settled into Sehun's arms.

Sehun grinned and wound his arm around her securely. "So." he repeated with an equally foolish grin on his face. The two of them were cuddling on the couch while the television blasted the friday night movie which was blatantly ignored by the couple.

Mr and Mrs Kim had gone off for dinner with clients or something along that line, and left the couple alone in the house for a few hours. It felt surreal that they were there, doing something as simple as watching the movie on a friday night.

It seemed few days ago that something so leisure and simple was completely out of reach.

"We survived." Sehun muttered with a wide grin. "And we're back."

"Home." Sunmi nodded.

"Home." Sehun agreed. He intertwined their fingers and stared at them with a small smile. "It seems your father trusts m e quite a bit to have let me stay here alone with you for these few hours even after all that fatherly talk."

Sunmi chuckled. "He's just trying to scare you to test if you'll run away." she shrugged. "He only means half the things he said, he just cares for me. The fact that he bothers to bombard you with all those rules and regulations only means that he has already accepted you."

Sehun beamed at the prospect of potential son-in-law. "That's a nice thought." he murmured. "I thought he would disapprove of a guy that came from another world. Abeonim is more open-minded than I thought." he praised.

"Abeonim?" Sunmi lifted her head off Sehun's chest to look at him with raised brows. "Oh now you call him Abeonim." she twisted her lips. "Like after three hours of meeting." she blinked.

"Yes and I call your mother Omonim so what's wrong?" Sehun grinned while tapping her nose. "Your parents are my parents." he declared firmly. "Especially when we get married."

Sunmi pinked and tried to keep a straight face even though the corners of her lips were dying to give in to a smile. "What makes you so sure it's you I'm going to marry in the future?" she teased.

Sehun looked positively horrified. "What do you mean? You mean you're NOT going to be marrying me huh?" he tickled her waist and she squealed, her face red. "Yah Kim Sunmi, if there's one person you're going to marry in the future, it's me, Oh Sehun."

"Confident much?" Sunmi panted after Sehun gave up on tickling her.

"Not confidence. I just know." Sehun laughed and kissed the top of her head. He watched as Sunmi just smiled and settled back by his side and his heart swelled with even greater happiness.

It really was surreal.

Which boy in this earth had the chance of travelling to a foreign land twice and falling in love with a beautiful girl with a kind heart? The Devil had the chance but he sure wasted it.

"I'm going to stick by your side for the rest of your life and you're not going to be able to shake me away." Sehun warned. "I don't care if you're going to find me annoying, but I'm here to stay."

Sunmi chuckled and nodded. "Consider me warned." she patted his cheek. She suddenly bolted up from her seat and nearly caused Sehun to topple down on one side from the sudden loss of contact.

He nearly whined.

"Oh wait, I have to pass you something." Sunmi ran up the stairs to ther room and left Sehun pouting in her direction from the couch. He sighed and blew on his bangs, smiling to himself.

He had very nearly asked Mr Kim just now if he could stay over at their house permanently. Even though he liked his own house and definitely missed his manga books, he thought it was so much better to stay here. Sunmi would be the first person he saw in the morning and last person at night, how romantic was that.

He decided not to test his luck with possessive dads on the first meeting and to try that again at a later date. Wise choice, angel boy was wising up.

He did mean what he said too. He meant to stay here forever, with Sunmi and the EXO boys because this was where he belonged now. Of course he knew he was sacrificing a lot on his part to stay here: his best friend Jina, his father-like butler Han, but he weighed his options. This was where he belonged.

The fact that Sunmi was willing to sacrifice her life on this side of the world to go over to his side to save him meant a lot to him. It showed him just how much she loved him, how much she cared.

No one. No one had showed that much love for him ever, and he loved her back just as fiercely.

Sehun looked out of the window at the dark night sky and smiled softly with a distant expression. "Thank you for bringing me here." he whispered. "Thank you."

He thought he saw a star twinkle more brightly in response.

Footsteps made Sehun return his attention back to the stairs where Sunmi was running down from, clutching a package in her arms in a very cautious manner. She crawled back up the couch and passed the package to Sehun gingerly, with him accepting with raised brows. "What's this?"

"Just open it." She urged, biting her lip.

Sehun shrugged and tore the bubble wrap open in one swift motion, catching the flinch from his girlfriend from the corner of his eye and wondering if he should have been gentler. He blinked at the object in his hands. "Isn't this-"

"The first mirror Ahjusshi Han gave me in the past. This is the mirror responsible for transporting you here in the first place." Sunmi nodded in affirmation. She took a deep breath. "I'm passing this to you."

She touched the mirror lightly and bit her lip. "This mirror must NEVER break or be damaged. Once damaged, the spell is broken and you'll be sent back to your world. And this time, with absolutely no way of returning because we have no more mirrors left. This is the last one." she warned.

"I'm giving this to you because I think you have the right to keep it." she shrugged as if it meant nothing, but he could see how she was having slightly labored breathing as she stared meaningfully at the mirror. "This is your one-way ticket back to your world. If at any point of time you decide that you don't want to be here anymore, smash this mirror and you can go back."

When Sehun opened his mouth to protest, Sunmi cut him off.

"I know you said you don't want to go back." Sunmi nodded, pressing her lips together. "I don't want you to either. You have no idea how happy I am when you say you have no intention of going back. But I figured that if there's one person who has the right to keep this mirror, it's you. So that's why I'm passing this to you."

Sehun stared at Sunmi with newfound adoration. He understood what she meant. She didn't want him to leave, either did he. Giving him the mirror was something that was against her will.

Even so, the act symbolised the transfer of power into Sehun's hands. The power of his own actions and choices. It also signified the respect she held for him as an individual, and not always only assuming him to be part of the pair. 

Sehun thought he just fell in love with Kim Sunmi all over again.

"Come here, you." Sehun tugged on Sunmi's wrist and lowered his lips to hers. This was another reason why he shouldn't leave, really. He was supposed to stay here, with her.

He kissed her firmly on the lips, smiling the entire way through. Fingers ran through her soft silky hair and the other hand cupped her cheek. God, what were they talking about again?

Sehun suddenly pulled away when he felt something slipping off his thigh. Sunmi blinked, slightly disorientated, and glanced over to what distracted her boyfriend.

Both pairs of eyes widened as the mirror slipped off Sehun's thigh and tumbled downwards.

"NOOOOOOOO!!!!"

 

 

 

"You're an idiot." Baekhyun muttered, shaking his head.

D.O. nodded and rolled his eyes in agreement. "Seriously maknae, after all that tension and excitement and now you're back here safe and sound,  you try to scare all of us again." he muttered. "Thank goodness the mirror didn't break."

The gang was enjoying breakfast the next morning as Sunmi depicted the previous night's scare.

"I saved the mirror with my foot that's what matters!" Sehun defended himself. "I have a nasty bruise here to prove it too!" he held out his foot.

Suho pushed it away and wrinkled his nose. "Maknae, you've got to be careful. You're almost sent back to your world with no way of returning with your clumsiness."

"You nearly scared me to death." Sunmi muttered under her breath, looking slightly shaken as she reminisced the incident. "It was horrifying. I thought you were going to break the mirror seconds after getting it in your possession."

"That's why I gave it back to you immediately for safe keeping didn't I?" Sehun defended. "I appreciate your thoughts but I really think you should keep it for me."

Chanyeol shook his head. "Too much of a klutz, maknae! How are we to feel reassured about handing Sunmi to you?"

Sehun looked indignant at this. "I may be a klutz but Sunmi is definitely in good hands!" he promised, smiling at Sunmi meaningfully. "I promise never to cause you worry ever, and that I'll be the one taking care of you for the rest of our lives." he beamed.

Sunmi softened and nodded back at him.

"The cheese." Kai muttered, shaking his head and plucking in his earphones.

The couple ignored Kai and smiled dreamily at each other. Sunmi knew that despite how her boyfriend meant what he said, he would somehow manage to worry her with his naive childish actions at some point or another. However she also knew that he would keep up his word of taking care of her for the rest of their lives.

And she would too.

"Just a thought." D.O. tapped his chin. "Now that we've gotten our happy ending here on this side, how's the Devil doing on the other side?"

 

 

 

The Devil opened one eye. Hm strange, was someone talking about him?

He stretched in his silken bed and glanced at the clock. Oh gosh it was only 8am, what an inhumane timing to be awake, especially seeing how he slept at 4am. He yawned and sighed, getting out of his bed. He wouldn't be able to sleep anymore anyway.

The Devil was residing in one of those expensive five star hotels in South Korea. He had initially escaped abroad to avoid Kim Sunmi and the EXO boys because he knew that they had one of those stupid mirrors in their possession. However he got the news that they had suddenly undergone a 180 degree character change and that was when he knew they had decided to go over to the other side themselves.

Dumb, really.

After making sure that it was safe, the Devil came back to South Korea and enjoyed his time by squandering his fortune away. What better way to live life, really.

He got dressed and sauntered down to the lobby for his five star breakfast. He smirked to himself as he got led to a seat, thinking about how the other Oh Sehun was now rotting in jail due to his own hit and run accident.

In his defense, he never meant to kill that Han Ahjusshi guy. He just wanted to scare the old fella.

He figured out that the mirror Han Ahjusshi gave Kim Sunmi was the key to why he changed worlds, so naturally he went to that guy for answers. Unfortunately since he was in another world by then, the Han Ahjusshi he approached had no idea about the mirrors.

Angered, the Devil tried to scare Han Ahjusshi for more answers and who knew the scare turned out a little more violent and bloody than intended. Whew.

The Devil smirked as he thought about the contrast: him enjoying breakfast in a five star hotel and Oh Sehun rotting away in jail. Hah.

"What would be your order, sir?" the waiter asked politely.

"Black coffee and some waffles." the Devil snapped rudely. "Quickly."

The waiter bowed and took the menu from him, his eyes finally falling on the Devil's face. His eyes widened and he blinked again, turning his head towards the television screen in the hotel lobby. The news was currently being broadcasted, something about a mysterious disappearance of a murderer in jail.

The Devil leaned back, uninterested in the news. However, the waiter continued remaining in his position, his eyes darting from the tv screen and the Devil's face repeatedly.

"What is your problem? Get me the food?" the Devil scowled deeply.

The waiter swallowed visibly and darted off. The Devil smirked, that was the way people were supposed to act around him. He liked that.

He yawned and casted his eyes on the tv screen. What was that news again?

His eyes widened when he saw a photo of himself on national tv, and he bolted straight up. "-mysteriously disappeared from his cell yesterday night. It was a very strange incident indeed as the cctv cameras in jail caught the exact moment when Oh Sehun disappeared. At the break of dawn, Oh Sehun simply faded away like animation." the news caster said.

The Devil raised his brows. Wait what?

"Oh Sehun is responsible for the fatal hit-and-run accident down lane 4 of mister Han Jun Shik and has recently been sentenced to thirty years of jail." the news caster reported. "Any sightings of Oh Sehun, please dial the police hotline."

The Devil shot up from his seat, his eyes wide. Wait, if the accident occurred here and Oh Sehun was a wanted man here...this meant that he somehow changed worlds again? Back to this one?

The Devil groaned silently to himself and wondered how he was to escape without being noticed. Too bad for him, four security guards were already making their way towards him before he could react.

Handcuffs tightened around his wrists.

"Oh Sehun sshi, you are under arrest for murder."

Oh .

 

 

 

 

The end! :D