Acceptance

The Other Side of the Mirror

Sehun stared up at the prison cell's dark cemented ceiling and let out a sigh. He felt so emotionally and physically drained throughout this entire ordeal.

It seemed like a dream really, travelling to another world and suddenly making it back against his will. All of a sudden, his life back here was turned upside down and he had to carry the burden of a crime he didn't commit.

Life .

If it were someone else, they would have wished all this never happened. Wasn't it better to never have had such an adventure in the other world if the price to pay was so high?

However Sehun would never think that way. In his opinion, meeting Sunmi was more than worth whatever price he had to pay over on his side of the world, even if he had to spend the entire rest of his lifetime in jail for a crime he didn't commit, even if he didn't have the chance to see Sunmi for the rest of his life.

The mere months he spent together with her, laughing, smiling, falling in love...he thought it was enough. More than enough happiness to last him a lifetime.

It was such a shame that they only had such short times together. If there was something he could wish for, he wished he didn't waste so much time in the beginning harboring unwanted desires for Jina when he had such an angel by his side.

He stared out of the tiny 30cm by 30cm window at the top of the wall and sighed once more. He wondered how Sunmi and the EXO boys were doing outside. They must have been worried sick when he didn't return from buying the drinks. He hated that he caused others to worry about him, especially Sunmi.

The boys had been such excellent friends even if they had prior dislike to the Devil who bore the same face as he did. They were loyal brothers that made Sehun feel like he belonged somewhere, which was surprising since he never had that feeling in his nineteen years of life in his own world.

And Sunmi, oh don't let him get started on Sunmi.

He had never felt that strongly for anyone before, not even his parents whom he never met. He loved her with a passion, even if he seemed childish and naive and not at all manly for his age, he knew what he felt and he knew how important she was to him.

The thought that he couldn't see Sunmi again pained him, but he hoped she would find a way to go back to her own world and not be stuck in his anymore. She deserved to go back to her family and friends, not strandled here because of him.

Sehun was about to sigh for the nth time that day when a guard walked past his cell. Sehun lifted his head to stare at the man, wondering if it was time for his judgement. To be completely honest he didn't care that much about his judgement, it was just a matter of how many years he had to stay in this darn place. He had to stay regardless.

Sehun glanced at the sky from the tiny window and raised his brows. But woah, these guards worked so hard? It was barely dawn.

Our dear maknae nearly jumped a mile when the guard suddenly screamed at him. "YAH YOU! What are you doing in here!" the guard yelled, pulling the gate open without the use of a key.

Eh wait what? Sehun's eyes rounded. He saw this same guard locking up the door yesterday! But but...how did he open the door again as if it was unlocked?

"I said, how did you get in here!" the guard dragged Sehun to his feet and glared ferociously at him. "This place isn't a playground boy, it's for prisoners with crimes!"

Sehun blinked in confusion. "But you were the one who put me in here yesterday-"

"Me?" the guard scoffed. "I think I would remember if I put someone to jail. Come with me boy, this isn't a place for you. Go home or wherever and don't cause trouble for me."

Sehun was dragged off by the guard and his eyes were still wide in shock. HUH?? What just happened? He was put in jail for the fatal hit and run accident wasn't he?

But but but....why...?

In less than a minute, Sehun was pulled to the entrance of the prison and shoved out of the door. "Don't try to come back here again, with crimes attached or not." The guard snapped and closed the door in Sehun's face.

Sehun blinked and looked around him in awe. And he was free. Just like that.

Woah.

 

 

 

Sehun sat at the bus stop and scratched his head. Where should he go now?

He could return home but he didn't feel like it. He could visit his best friend Jina but he didn't feel like alarming her or troubling her anymore. He wasn't even sure what was his criminal status right then.

Was he still a wanted man?

What he wanted to do was to get back to Sunmi but he didn't know where she was. Was she still at the village or did she come back to Seoul after he was arrested? Maybe she found some way to get back to her world and now he was stuck in his, so they were worlds apart. Literally.

Sehun scratched his head and blew on his bangs. Who knew it would be such a headache being free?

Puffing his cheeks, Sehun wrinkled his nose as he scrutinized the bus routes available. Perhaps he should just go over to Sunmi's house to see if she went back, just in case, or maybe he should-

"Sehun!"

Sehun blinked and shook his head. Oh look, now he was hallucinating her voice as well. Great.

"Sehun you idiot! Over here!"

Ah, and even in his dreams she acted like her. Was it him or was that voice getting louder?

"OH SEHUN I'M RIGHT HERE!"

Sehun snapped his head to the right and his eyes widened in surprise. A truck was driving towards the bus stop and the EXO boys were waving from the truck which Ahjusshi Han was driving. Not waiting for the truck to stop completely, Sunmi jumped off it and raced towards Sehun, hurtling herself in his chest while knocking all air out of his lungs.

Warm welcome indeed.

Sehun wrapped his arms around Sunmi instinctively and sighed deeply into her hair. God, he thought he never had the chance to do that again.

Sehun pressed his lips against Sunmi's temple once. Twice. Thrice. Was he ever going to get enough of her?

He lifted her chin to look at her with a bright sunny beam and lowered his lips towards hers. Sunmi's eyes fluttered close blissfully and just as their lips grazed each other's, five other bodies hurtled themselves at them in a massive group hug. "WE MISSED YOU MAKNAE!" Chanyeol yelled into Sehun's ear.

"Thank God." D.O. murmured. "Thank goodness we didn't miss you, why did you run off so quickly we were shocked when we didn't see anyone at the prison gate!"

Sehun pulled back. "How did you know I was released?" he blinked. "It was really weird, the guard just let me go as if I didn't commit that hit and run on Ahjusshi Han, which I didn't and WOAH." his eyes widened when he finally registered who it was at the wheel of the truck. "Ahjusshi Han! Ghost!"

"Sehun!" Sunmi laughed and shook her head. "You're back, you're back in my world. Our world. Not yours. That's why you're free with no crime."

"That's right!" Baekhyun grinned. "Back here. Are you glad or what?"

Sehun's eyes widened even more if possible and he looked around. "I switched worlds? Again? How?" he shook his head. "Wait I don't care about that, but YES I AM BACK AND I AM FREE!!!!" he twirled Sunmi around and laughed heartily.

Sunmi chuckled. Yes, all she cared was that all of them were safe and back home. Together.

 

 

 

Or maybe she cared about some other things as well. Like having dinner with her parents. With Sehun.

Sehun looked extremely awkward and stiff in his seat, his hand visibly trembling as he his dry parched lips that seemed to be impossible to moisturise.

"So, Sehun." Mr Kim finally spoke after a long awkward pause. "I hear from Sunmi that you're from...from.." he cleared his throat. "Another world." he said it like he didn't believe himself.

Sehun nodded and swallowed. "Y-yes sir."

"Oh." Mr Kim bit his lip. "I was hoping our Sunmi was kidding about that. But it did seem strange when her character underwent a 180 degree change previously." he looked at Sehun. "I hear that you and my daughter are currently dating?"

Sunmi pinked and Sehun grew even stiffer. "Y-yes sir. Uhm that is, if you're okay with it and everything."

Mrs Kim frowned slightly. "But Sehun, you're not from this world. How can you two maintain the relationship between two worlds when you go back?"

Sehun shifted in his seat. "See that's the thing, Omonim." he bit his lip and glanced at Sunmi. "I don't intend to go back."

Mr and Mrs Kim met eyes in wonder.

"In my current situation, it would be stupid to go back to my world where I'm a wanted criminal for a crime I didn't commit, after so much that has been done to save me from it. The Devil has to pay for his crimes." Sehun muttered.

He reached for Sunmi's hand under the table. "And besides," he continued with a small smile. "Sunmi is here. I don't want to be anywhere else other than right here beside her. I've made my choice a long time ago and my decision will never change. I'll stick by her forever, if she allows me to."

Sunmi softened and lifted the corner of her lips. That sweetie pie.

Mr Kim cleared his throat and the couple lost their eye contact. "Well, since you're staying, I think it's time to talk about the dating rules in this house."

"Dating rules? Since when were there dating rules, appa?" Sunmi burst out.

"Since now." Mr Kim shrugged. "Anyway Sehun, I expect you to bring my daughter home latest by eleven every time you bring her out on a date. Maximum three dates a week because i don't want her school work to suffer. Also....."

Sunmi tuned out and shook her head at her mother, who just laughed.

"You know this means your father has accepted sehun right?" Mrs Kim whispered.

Sunmi looked over at the two favorite males in her life and grinned. "I guess I didn't have to worry after all."

 

 

 

 

 

 

------

It's been...2 months? I'M ASHAMED T.T

I'm so sorry for such slow updates life has been tough and unforgiving :/ Finals were crazy and I'm just glad it all ended. I will be updating my ongoing stories more regularly from now on! :)

Thank you for sticking with me and....happy holidays? >.< hehehe