Making plans

The Other Side of the Mirror

 

"Kyungsoo hyung, ice cream pancakes please." Kai hollered from his place on the couch.

D.O. muttered under his breath and wrinkled his nose in displeasure. "Who does that boy think I am? His mother or something?" he grumbled, but got to his feet all the same and went to the kitchen to prepare the food for his "son". Mother instincts, they called it.

Chanyeol poked his head into the kitchen. "Kyungsoo, Baekhyun and I would like ice cream pancakes as well. Double servings for me!"

D.O. frowned. "Yah, am I your maid or what and are you guys pigs?" he made a face. "I thought I made you guys ramen just forty minutes ago!" he glanced at the clock with raised brows. "All you do is watch the tv and laze around like a pig, why do you need to eat so much, really!"

"Boredom." Kai, Chanyeol and Baekhyun echoed in unison, looking absolutely bored even though the Avengers fight scene was up on the screen.

Perhaps the fact that they had seen the movie five times in the past two weeks was some sort of a factor for their lack of enthusiasm.

The EXO-K boys and Sunmi had camped over at Jina's house for the past two weeks since their arrival. They had nowhere to go, or rather, they didn't want to return to homes that weren't really theirs. They didn't want to go back to families that were foreign and apartments that didn't feel like home.

After that close call with the three policemen (of which Sunmi later realized were the ones that found them in Han Ahjusshi's store previously), Sehun was banned from even stepping near any of the windows and doors for fear that someone would see him.

The whole lot of them were practically stuck in that little three-room flat all the freaking time and honestly, the irritation and boredom was getting to them and it was getting more and more obvious.

Mostly it was friendly squabbles between them but some fierce debates and cross-fire did happen more than a mere few times. Everyone was just so fed up of being stuck in such a small space and having nothing to do all day and even the best of best friends could get a little edgy with one another after such a long period of time.

The day before Chanyeol and Kai nearly got into a fight over the remote. It was pretty meaningless, seeing how both of them were fighting for channels they had no interest in watching but irritation drove the fire to spark more easily than usual.

Everyone didn't voice out their thoughts but all of them knew each other thought it: They missed home.

Even if they were close enough to  be family and all, their parents and siblings still held special places in their hearts where friends could never overtake. They wanted to be back where their parents weren't abusive, the people they knew smiled at them instead of running away from them with fear.

They wanted to be back home.

Even if everything looked the same over here, it just wasn't the same. It couldn't be the same. They were irritated with being stuck here with no option of returning for the time being, but they couldn't very well blame Sehun because they chose to come anyway.

However that didn't mean they couldn't feel bad about their choices and feel the regret hitting them straight in their guts from time to time.

"This is just ing bored." Kai muttered, letting out an uncharacteristic curse. "I'm tired of staying here without anything meaningful to do. No life, no nothing."

Chanyeol nodded in agreement, letting out a huge huge sigh. "I know right?" he mumbled groggily. "I can't seem to get enough sleep but I'm sleeping too much. It's just so, so boring. And we can't even go out to look for one of those darn mirrors to transport us home."

Everyone fell silent.

Sehun bit his lip, feeling guilty that he was the cause of everyone's misery and Sunmi saw his expression. She reached out to squeeze his hand lightly and shook her head with a comforting smile. It was their own choice, they knew what was coming.

"But then again, why not?"

Everyone snapped their heads towards D.O. who had a sly smile on his face. He sat up straighter and grinned brightly. "Honestly, why are we hiding in here? As long as we don't make much human interaction, no one will realize we aren't really us." he emphasized. "Look how long the Devil had stayed over here acting as our maknae, despite the differences in their characters, no one realized anything was wrong right?"

D.O. stood up from his place, getting more and more excited. "In fact, everyone's scared of us. We just need to look fierce and intimidating and we can get out of here. Don't you realize? This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to have a holiday!" he punched his fists in the air.

Suho raised a brow. "It sounds like a load of crap."

"Crap that I like though." Baekhyun high-fived D.O. "Honestly what's keeping us from going out?"

Sunmi shot them a look and the boys' faces fell. Oh right, Sehun.

"But really, we can just go somewhere really far away from here where people don't even have access to the news so they don't even recognize Sehun!" Chanyeol sat up, beaming brightly. "Why don't we elope?"

"Aish." Baekhyun whacked his best friend's head. "Elope is for a couple."

Chanyeol pointed to Sehun and Sunmi. "Then the two of them can elope and the rest of us can tag along as lightbulbs. What do you say Suho hyung pleaseee?" he shook Suho's arm. "Let's get out of this hell hole."

"AHEM." Jina cleared and rolled her eyes. Like excuse muah the hell hole he was talking about was her house. And to think she was nice enough to let them stay and even providing them food. Did they know how much six guys like them ate?

Chanyeol raised his arms up in defense. "Nice, cozy hell hole." he amended. Nice touch, Chanyeol. Nice touch.

Everyone turned to Suho for his final decision and the leader let out a small sigh to himself. Seriously, he was the same age as the rest of them and it got tiring once in a while when the rest expected him to have answers for everything. Like was his some sort of deity or something? Heh. But well, seeing the intellectual of the rest of the boys...

"I vote elope." Suho let out a rare playful smirk, as the rest of the boys burst into cheers and goofy dances.

 


Sunmi was about to get into Sehun's room when she noticed that someone else was inside besides her boyfriend. She stopped at the door, biting her lip as she peeked inside despite her conscience yelling at her for being a sneaky rat.

Jina was sitting on Sehun's bed as Sehun packed a simple bag of neccessities and the two were apparently in a very serious conversation. Perhaps she should leave while she wasn't found out.

Sunmi turned her head forty five degrees when...

"...ure Sunmi's the one?" Jina's voice sounded out.

Sunmi stopped in her stepps and whipped her head back to the gap at the door. Well, ignorance was bliss right? It wouldn't hurt the two of they didn't know another someone was listening in on their converstation.

Sunmi saw Sehun stop packing for a bit and turn his head towards his best friend. "What do you mean the one?" he blinked in confusion.

Jina let out a small sigh and stared at Sehun. "Sehun, you're my best friend. I don't want anything to happen to you. Did you know how freaked out I was when you suddenly changed from my nice angellic friend to that horrible bastard within one night? I thought I was in a nightmare all of a sudden and you didn't seem to know me anymore other than how you kept describing me as a brainless chick. I was dead worried you know?"

Sehun's face fell. "I'm sorry."

"I know, and it's not your fault." Jina shook her head with a small smile. "I just want to let you know that I care for you alright? I'm glad you're back but then again not, because of the load of trouble your other Sehun has caused you here. It's probably better if you go back to the other side for your safety. But I know you Sehun, the main reason why you want to go ahead living in a world that's not your own isn't because you're afraid of going to jail for something you didn't do."

Sehun bit his lip and stared at the ground.

"It's because of Sunmi isn't it?" Jina asked softly. "And my guess is that before you were brought back to this world unexpectedly, you had already decided to stay on the other side with Sunmi for the rest of your life."

Sunmi let out a small breath. Wow, this Jina was really Sehun's best friend.

Shrugging, Sehun chuckled softly. "What can I say? She's worth it."

Jina softened. "I hope so. I'm guessing that once you run away into hiding in the rural areas this time, I'll probably not get to see you for a long long time. Or probably never." she touched his arm. "But promise me that wherever you are, you'll be happy with her, alright?"

Sehun smiled at his best friend. "Is there even a need to promise that? Of course." he hugged his friend and Sunmi dodged out of view. She felt warmth tingling from her toes and slight melancholy at the same time.

She sacrificed to be with him, and he to be with her. But was it all worth it?

Yes. Hell yes.