Finding Sehun

The Other Side of the Mirror

 

The EXO-K boys followed after Sunmi like a bunch of loyal puppies without an ounce of doubt where their owner was leading them to. They did of course wonder about their destination, but no one dared to ask about it when the lady in question had her lips pressed in a firm, irritated line as it did now.

It was quite the funny sight really, to have one stern girl striding quickly down the path while grumbling under her breath with threats and things like "if I find you getting chummy with her, you're dead" while five grown men followed behind her as if she was some sort of leader of a cult. Heh.

D.O. looked around at his surroundings and scratched his head. He hadn't been in this part of town that much but as far as he could remember, the place looked exactly the same as it did on the other side.

In fact, the entire appearance of the world on this side was completely similar, if not identical to their side of the world.

The funny thing was that appearance wasn't everything, and even if everything looked exactly the same, the feel and ambience of the whole neighborhood was just...different. It felt much colder on this side of the town that how he remembered it, crowded and full of life.

It was also quite shocking to see how people still recognized the EXO-K boys and Sunmi even out of school.

The thing about this fact was that it could be slightly painful when one realized that the only emotion the recognition was based on was fear. The look of terror even glimmered in some of the ahjumma and ahjusshi's faces, people who looked likek they were three time's the age of the EXO-K boys.

Sunmi could only imagine how horrible their other selves were to garner such fear, hatred and dislike from everyone around.

Anyway back to their task at hand. The boys still didn't know where they were heading to and they had no idea why Sehun would be hiding in a neighborhood like this. He didn't know anyone around here did he?

Sunmi on the other hand was almost hundred and one percent sure that Sehun was there with that...that...girl. She wasn't the sort to grow jealous easily, but then again she hadn't liked any guy as much as she loved Sehun either.

Sunmi hated Lee Jina to the core, even without the fact that Sehun had a tinsy winsy crush on her when he was over at her side of the world. That Lee Jina was a bimbo, big chest no brains, a complete barbie doll with the mental capacity of a three year old.

That only meant that the Lee Jina here had to be amazingly intelligent, charming and witty. As opposed to the Lee Jina on her side of the world, this Lee Jina posed a greater threat.

This Lee Jina was the REAL Lee Jina. She was the Lee Jina that had taken Sehun's heart in the first place, causing him to like her so much that he could convince himself that he would settle for her look alike even if their characters were completely different.

What if Sehun's feelings for her only blossomed because he had been trapped in her world without his Lee Jina here? What if Sunmi was some sort of a rebound instead?

It was rather weird for her to feel insecure at this point of time when she was supposed to be worrying about her boyfriend who was running away as a wanted convict, well she was worried yes, but the insecurity couldn't but show it's ugly face once in a while. Oh well you know....women.

"Where do you think we're going?" Chanyeol nudged Baekhyun beside him as discreetly as he could. If you knew Chanyeol well enough, you would know that discreet was a talent that Chanyeol could never master.

Suho was the first one to recognize the place they were at. "Hey!" he blinked in surprise as they neared a cluster of apartment blocks. "Isn't this near where Lee Jina stays?"

Kai raised his brows in surprise. "How would YOU know where Lee Jina stays?"

"As the council president I was forced to visit her house to inform her parents of the Meet the Parents session which she stubbornly insisted not to relay." Suho recalled. "I also visited another twenty student's homes before you assume things." he made a face at the dance machine.

Kai raised both his hands. "Never said anything." he blinked innocently.

Sunmi gazed back at the boys and sighed softly. "It's the only possible place where Sehun could be hiding right now. Jina is his best friend and she's bound to notice the differences between Sehun and the Devil. She must believe him and right now, help is what he needs the most."

D.O. watched her expression with slight caution. "That doesn't explain why you look so unsettled." he whispered to himself. "Unless you doubt Sehun's feelings for you."

Sunmi didn't hear what he said and she strode straight towards the apartment block, her fingers crossed. Please Sehun, please be there. And please....please don't realize that you like Jina more than you like me, she thought.


"-hold on a minute I'll get the door-" Jina blinked in surprise at the six unexpected guests. Sunmi took in Jina's appearance and swallowed hard, biting her lip. This girl looked exactly the same as the cheerleader babe Lee Jina back in her world, the same face, same eyes, same lips.

What this girl had and the cheerleader Jina didn't was the intelligence that shone in her eyes and the innocence that Sunmi could detect. This girl had Jina's pretty face but in a much calmer and paler version, someone who looked elegant and poised.

At that moment, Sunmi could see why Sehun had liked Jina in the past. It wasn't so much of Jina being his only friend although it had to play a big part, but this Jina seemed to be as beautiful inside as she was outside and that was what made her attractive.

Sunmi shifted from one foot to the other, feeling uncomfortable like one would when they met their boyfriend's ex. Even if the girl wasn't technically an ex.

"Uh hi uhm." Sunmi bit her lip, swallowing as her eyes involutarily darted inside the house to take a good look. "I'm Sunmi and we're..we're here to look for..."

Jina eyed Sunmi and the EXO-K boys with furrowed brows as she chewed on her lip as well, obviously contemplating. "What is the value of planck's constant?" she suddenly blurted.

The gang blinked in surprise and stared back at Jina in confusion. What? "Uh 6.629 times ten to the power of negative thirty four metres square kilograms per secon-" Sunmi wasn't even done before Jina shot her another question.

"Explain the photoelectric effect."

"Huh? Uh it's when electrons are emitted from solids, liquids or gases when they are shone with light beyond a certain threshold frequency."

"What are the reagents and conditions for creating alcohol from alkenes?"

"Concentrated Sulfuric acid with water or Phosphoric acid as catalyst with water at 300 degrees celcius. No seriously why are you asking-"

"You." Jina whispered, her eyes wide. "You're her, the girl he's been talking about since he came back."

"Him?" Sunmi perked up immediately, looking behind Jina's shoulders. "Do you mean Sehun? Is he in there right now? Is he okay? Is he hurt anywhere is he being clothed and fed well enough?"

"Sunmi?"

All eyes turned towards the door when one head poked out from behind Jina, his eyes focused wholly on Sunmi with shock. "Sehun." Sunmi whispered, tears marring her vision as the sudden surge of longing bombarded her senses and all she wanted to do was to bury her face in Sehun's chest and cry.

Sunmi was about to take a step towards Sehun when Jina quickly pushed Sehun in and scanned the surroundings in alarm. "I told you not to show your face outside." she hissed urgently. She glanced at Sunmi and the EXO-K boys and quickly opened the door. "Hurry."

Sunmi shot in through the door without a second's delay and was immediately scooped into a warm embrace. Sehun's arms tightened around her and his hand tangled itself in her hair. "Oh gosh Sunmi why are you here?" he murmured nearing a whine. "I missed you so much."

Sunmi suddenly felt stupid for the insecurities she felt earlier when she heard the pure, raw longing in his voice. He loved her, he told her so. Why doubt?

"Dude you're okay!" Chanyeol joined in the couple's moments and attacked them with a huge hug. D.O. couldn't care less about shipping his favorite ship any longer and joined in, which soon snowballed into a huge group hug that positively threatened to suffocate Sehun who was in the middle of it all.

Someone cleared from the corner of the room and the EXO-K boys looked awkward as they slowly tore their limbs away from each other.

Jina directed her gaze at Sunmi and cocked her head to the side. "You're the girl that my best friend couldn't stop yakking about since he came back."

"I didn't yak!" Sehun pouted, defending himself as he looped an arm around Sunmi's waist with a proud smile. "But yes anyway this is her! My beloved cutie pie Sun..." he faltered in the middle of his sentence and snapped his head towards Sunmi. "Wait, you're here."

Sunmi blinked up at him with a small smile. "Yeah I thought we established that."

Sehun took a step back and stared at her with wide eyes. "No no. You're here. Here! In this world!" he gaped. "How did you...but.."

"You're not a convict waiting to be caught and about to serve his life sentence," Sunmi shrugged with a wistful smile. "I don't think I'd be a good girlfriend if I just sat on the other world while you suffered for something you didn't do."

"Right on, and we wouldn't be good pals if we just let her come alone either." Baekhyun offered Sunmi a grin. "We are here to save you , Sehun."

Sehun stared at them with absolute shock and disbelief. "You mean you guys came all the way from the other side to save me?" he squeaked.

"Yeah so aren't you going to cry with gratitude soon?" Kai smirked, causing Suho to elbow him while rolling his eyes.

Sehun's bottom lip wobbled dangerously and Jina shook her head. "Oh not again." she whispered to herself.

"You...you..." Sehun swallowed visibly as his eyes trained on Sunmi, his body shaking with emotion. Sunmi took a step towards him with a soft smile, thinking that he was really about to cry, but to her surprise Sehun took a step away from her at the same time.

"ARE YOU DUMB?" he hollered unexpectantly.

Sunmi flinched, her eyes blinking wide at him. The EXO-K boys shot their heads up at their cute adorable maknae who had raised his voice for the first time since they met.

"Sehun?" Sunmi whispered uncertainly.

"I said, are you dumb?" Sehun growled frustratedly, raking his fingers through his hair. It was the first time anyone saw him so frustrated and irritated and just so...so un-Sehun. "Do you realize that if you come over here it's almost impossible to get back? Do you remember how hard we tried to look for another one of those mirrors but to no avail? You're going to be stuck here for the rest of your life!"

Sunmi bit her lip. "But...we had to come. I had to. You needed help and-"

"But at your expense? At all of yours?" Sehun shook his head, his fists curling into balls. "What if we don't find another one of those mirrors from the rest of our lives and you guys are stuck here forever?"

Sunmi swallowed at the prospect of not seeing her parents for the rest of her life. "We...w-we'll find them-"

"What kind of a boyfriend am I to let my girl risk her entire life for me?" Sehun whispered brokenly, shaking his head with his eyes closed. "You shouldn't have come."

A unimaginable stab of hurt hurled itself at Sunmi's heart. She winced and stared at Sehun. "What did you say?"

"I said, you shouldn't have come!" Sehun burst out again, growling. "I wish you never came here at all! I wish...I wish I never even met you to begin with alright, so all this complicated wouldn't be happening!"

Sunmi took a sharp intake of breath as tears welled up in her eyes. He couldn't mean it could he?

Sehun turned around and stormed into one of the rooms, slamming the door behind him. D.O. touched Sunmi's shoulder softly and patted it. "He doesn't mean it." he offered.

Sunmi forced a smile. Oh right he didn't mean it, not when the goody two shoes Oh Sehun actually growled and lashed out at her, and actually cursed in a sentence without being forced to. Oh right he really didn't mean it.

Sunmi felt a tear trickle down her cheek. Great, now she travelled all the way from on side of the mirror to the other side with no way to return and her boyfriend wished they never even knew each other.

Great. Just great.