Detention

The Other Side of the Mirror

"How was the interview with the Devil?" D.O. plopped into the seat beside Sunmi and raised his motherly brows at her in question. "Was it bad?"

"Hell yeah." Sunmi replied without hesitating. "He's the Devil, what did you expect?"

Kai smirked and tossed a pen into the air before catching it suavely. "I have a good idea about what you should do to get revenge on that guy." he leaned closer and grinned mischieviously. "You can totally cook a meal for him. Serious. That'll be the worst revenge ever- OWW WOMAN!" he dodged when Sunmi hit him on the arm.

Kai pouted and rubbed his arm, making a face at her. "You hit like a bull." he complained. "I was joking alright." he blinked and added with an after thought. "But it was totally worth it."

Sunmi scoffed at him and rolled her eyes. "Thanks for insulting my cooking whenever you can. I totally appreciate that." she wrinkled her nose.

Suho looked at her in concern and frowned. "But really, was it really bad? I'm sure it's bad but bad has quite a few levels. Just merely bad, or bad bad, or extremely bad or...yeah you know?"

"Are you rapping, hyung? Cause that's kind of my role." Chanyeol gave Suho a pointed look which caused Baekhyun to roll his eyes.

Sunmi smiled at Suho's concern, secretly melting inside. "Well yeah, of course it's going to be the worst kind of bad there is." she shrugged. "He insulted the shop holder ahjusshi, insulted the shop, insulted the entire business and cursed like nobody's business." she shook her head. "I was just so embarrassed to be there with him."

"You could have chosen not to bring him there." Baekhyun pointed out.

Sunmi shrugged. "Well yeah, but I prefer suffering when I know he is suffering with me." she grinned cheekily.

D.O. chuckled and whacked her head lightly while Suho smiled in amusement. "As I said," Kai spoke up once more. "If you're talking about punishing him and making him suffer, your cooking is the way."

Sunmi opened to scold the dance machine once more when Chanyeol broke her line of thoughts. "Speak of the Devil." he hissed. "Five O'clock direction."

The gang secretly turned and saw the Devil striding into the hallway with his other soccer members that were trailing behind him like a bunch of puppies. The soccer members were pretty buff and fit themselves, which made the entire scene actually quite comical with how they looked as if they were treading on possible landmines when they were with Sehun.

The Devil himself wasn't particularly muscular though. He was the sort of guy that was just normally built and might even lean towards the skinny side, but his face made up for everything. In fact, he didn't look like he would suit the muscular physique either. He suited the lean image just fine.

Even though he might not be stronger than the rest of his lackeys, they were in awe and respect of him because of this...this sort of "aura" that the Devil exuded. He just commanded attention and fear no matter where he went, and his arrogance certainly helped in this matter.

The fangirls naturally squealed at the entrance of their idol the Devil looked smug at the attention he commanded. He looked at the girls as if they were his concubines or servants, no, more like they were lesser beings as compared to him.

He was really like Draco Malfoy in all honesty, as if he was pure-blooded and hence cocky as hell. Except perhaps Draco Malfoy was more attractive, at least in Sunmi's opinion.

The Devil looked over at Sunmi at that instant and they met eyes. Sunmi glared back bravely, not flinching. She didn't want him to know that he was indeed quite frightening at some times, but wanted him to think that he wasn't anyone she should be bothered about.

The Devil narrowed his eyes at her and mouthed a single word. "."

Sunmi's jaw dropped as he smirked and turned away, leading the group of his puppies as they went to their "cool" area to chill. She fisted her hands and closed her eyes, breathing in and out deeply. If she could transport him to another world, she really would. Really.

 

 

 

Sunmi felt the impact at the back of her head and she was momentarily stunned, her mind blanking out that few seconds as she tried to register the loud thud at the back of her head and the loud gonging it induced in her mind.

She shook her head a few times and saw D.O. leaning towards her table in concern. "Hey, you okay?" he whispered.

Sunmi blinked and whipped her head around to see what had hit her. She saw a big fat eraser on the ground and picked it up, growling softly. She knew who had done it even before she felt his gaze on her, as she looked right back in the Devil's eyes.

He snickered and feigned innocence as he raised his brows, mouthing "what?"

The nerve. Did he want to die?

Sunmi gripped the eraser hard in her hands and raised her hands, wanting to throw it back at him and Suho grabbed her wrist. "Don't be rash. The teacher's coming." he whispered.

The teacher came in at that instant and Sunmi let her hand fall to her sides, breathing in deeply. The Devil looked triumphant that he had apparantly won this round and gave her a smug smile. Seriously how old was he? Throwing erasers? That only happened in grade school.

"I'm serious, give him your cooking." Kai whispered from behind Sunmi.

Sunmi raised the eraser again and Kai ducked. "JOKING!" he gulped.

Sunmi sighed and faced the front again, the rage burning in her. She really never hated someone as much as she hated the Devil. He was just pure scum on the surface on the earth to her, no matter what his fangirls might think how he was almost god-like. PUH-LEASE.

Looks weren't everything, even if the Devil was indeed quite good looking.

He didn't have a heart, that was what he lacked. How those other girls expected and hoped for the Devil to actually fall for them was a wonder to Sunmi. Couldn't they tell that he was incapable of loving anyone besides himself? That was how big his ego was.

The lesson progressed for a while and it came to a point where all the students were copying down the notes that the teacher has written on the board. It was unfortuate for Sunmi that she sat behind the long bean Chanyeol and she had to lean out from her desk to see the board.

It was during one of those times when she stuck her head out from her desk that it happened again. Another hit at the back of her head.

Sunmi shot up from her seat as she grabbed the second eraser from the ground. "Yah OH SEHUN!" she roared.

The Devil snickered as he crossed his arms, raising his brows at her questioningly as if he hadn't done anything wrong. "Yes?"

"Does your family produce erasers or something?" Sunmi growled. "Why are you throwing these things at me all the time? Do you have any idea how much it actually hurts when you throw it that hard?"

The Devil shrugged. "Oh it hurt?" he smirked. "Well can't blame my arm for being so strong. You were blocking my view of the board, so what can I do?"

"You could have alerted me instead of physically abusing me!" Sunmi shot back, glaring. Suho looked from Sunmi to the teacher anxiously and he tugged at Sunmi's hand secretly. "Sunmi!" he hissed. "Chill. Calm down now."

Sunmi was too fired up to see reason. "You're so insufferable, Oh Sehun!" she bit out angrily. Jina leaned back on her chair and watched the show as if it was some sort of korean drama. Her eyes turned into hearts as she gazed lovingly at the Devil, watching his cool response.

"Same could be said for you." The Devil replied coolly. "You have a ing big head that blocks my view of the board but I don't think you have much brain in there."

EXCUSE ME? "YAH OH SEHUN-" Sunmi started and was promptly stopped by Teacher Jung.

"Really you two!" Teacher Jung frowned. "I never expected such childish behavior from a bunch of high school seniors. How disgraceful!" she clicked her tongue. "Raising your voice in front of the class, indeed. I expect to see the both of you at detention after school. Be there at three."

Sunmi glared at the Devil and he glared back just as ferociously. Oh it was all because of you.

-----

It was exceptional good luck that rendered the two of them in detention with not one single other student who suffered the same fate as them that afternoon. Not.

The entire class was empty except for the two enemies and the teacher-in-charge as the two students were expected to do their work quietly by themselves till the time was up. Sunmi worked at her own homework while the Devil just stared out of the window.

He saw her concentrating on her work and decided it as fun to disturb her from it. He hummed a low tune under his breath such that only she could hear him and not the teacher.

Sunmi shot him a glare and he just smirked, enjoying her irritation. Sunmi rolled her eyes and turned her attention back to the essay she was trying to complete. She continued on for a few more minutes when Sehun decided that coughing madly was the next step to annoy her.

He burst out in such violent fits of coughing that the teacher looked up from her work anxiously, paling. "Sehun haksaeng, are you okay? Do you need water?'

"Ye-COUGH COUGH Yes please ma-COUGH dam!" the Devil clutched his throat as if he was going to die.

The teacher nodded and quickly ran out of the room, leaving the two of them alone. Sunmi glared at the Devil and he shrugged, his coughing fit instantly disappearing. "That old git actually believed me." he snickered.

"You're such a loser." Sunmi hissed. She turned back to her own work and stared for a while before realizing that there was no way she was going to complete her essay before detention ended. She needed to focus one hundred percent when she did her work and with Sehun there, there was no way.

She sighed and put away her work, only to discover the mirror that the antique shop ahjusshi had given her the previous day. She pulled it out and admired the details, but still a little unconvinced as to why the ahjusshi had claimed this was his most interesting and beloved item.

It didn't look anything more than a normal mirror.

She turned the mirror to the back when she noticed a fine line of words carved at the bottom. She squinted her eyes to read what it said.

"Black and white, Day and night. Switch us opposites by daylight." she murmured. She frowned and rubbed the back of her neck. "Haven't heard of this one."

She was about to turn the mirror back to it's reflective front when it was whipped out of her hands. She glared at the Devil as he smiled at himself in the mirror, fixing his hair. "Great, a mirror. Just what I need." he muttered. "A little bit of nice sight once in a while saves me from going insane." he praised himself.

Sunmi rolled her eyes and nearly puked.

If Ego was matter, he would have drowned in his own.