Sweet Love

The Other Side of the Mirror

Sehun tightened his grip on the hand he was holding as he glanced down at the girl beside him, a small smile on his face.

He had made his choice. He would stay here for her, for them. If the other world didn't have the Kim Sunmi he loved, he wouldn't want to return to it either.

Sehun knew he sounded foolish and naive to other men but he didn't care. His other life was dull and boring, he never really laughed much except for when he read his mangas.

He had a huge crush on Jina because she was the only person to talk to him. That wasn't love, that was dependence.

But here in this world, Sehun turned into the most desired guy in school. Girls wanted to flirt with him and guys wanted to be his friends. But within all these people it was Sunmi who had really touched his heart and really cared for him despite her earlier prejudices.

It was Sunmi whom he yearned to protect, a feeling that had never surfaced before this. It was Sunmi whom he didn't want to lose, couldn't bear to lose even if he had to lose his entire world on the other side.

He loved her, simple as that.

"What are you thinking about?" Sunmi peeked up at Sehun who was grinning so widely that his cheek had to hurt.

Sehun shrugged and grinned wider. "You. About how much I love you." He admitted, not a hint of bashfulness in sight.

Pinking, Sunmi bit back a smile and hit his arm lightly. "You're full of cheese." She stuck out her tongue playfully.

The two of them strolled around the park near Sunmi's house before Sehun was due to send Sunmi home. Both were still basking in the thrill o the knowledge that the person they loved returned their feelings. Gawd, how did they get so lucky?

They swung their hands playfully while walking, glancing at each other once in while in a manner that made people either want to coo sweetly at them or want to find a place to gag.

"You know, I was just thinking..." Sehun murmured, grinning.

Sunmi shot him a suspicious look and frowned. "That doesn't sound like a good idea. Not a good idea at all."

"Well," Sehun grinned at her brightly. "You once told me that Suho fit all the criteria you set for your ideal man. He's perfect. That's what you told me when you were still crushing on him remember?"

Sehun gave a hesitant nod. "Yeah, why?"

"So that means," Sehun beamed brightly and kissed her cheek with a loud smack. "That means I'm even better than perfect! You chose me over him so that means I'm more amazing than perfect doesn't it?"

Sunmi let out a laugh at the random turn of direction of his thoughts. "Your ego is pretty large. I'm starting to wonder if you're not the Devil himself." She tapped her chin.

"Heh I'm much better he is." Sehun boasted, clasping her hand tightly. "He didn't know how to appreciate you did he?"

He said it so bluntly and honestly that Sunmi couldn't help but blush. Oh oh Sehun....

"Oh alright." Sunmi murmured, chuckling softly. "You won the highest scorer of my ideal guy charts. Happy?"

"Yup!" Sehun beamed. "Very very!" He punched his fists in the air and did a little jiggly dance. Female joggers around the vicinity slowed down to stare at him, ah no, ogle.

While Sunmi was distracted by all the stared and trying to glare at those girls discreetly with the "He's Mine!" look, Sehun shot Sunmi with a question and she promptly directed her glare to him. "Where do you think you measure on my ideal girl charts then?"

Sunmi narrowed her eyes. If he dared say she was anything less than the first, he had better be afraid of her fist connecting with that pretty face of hers. And if he dared utter that Lee Jina's name...

Sehun grinned at Sunmi's expression and playfully elbowed her. "If you want to know, Lee Jina was the highest scorer on the charts before I met you." he added thoughtfully.

Sunmi let out a growl without meaning to. "She was nice, kind and pretty you know, everything I wanted she had. It's something like what you felt for Suho." Sehun elaborated, grinning at Sunmi's rapidly darkening expression.

"But," Sehun caught Sunmi's hand as she started to pull away from him. "You know what? Jina was the girl that was closest to my ideal type. But right now, you're my ideal type." Sehun pressed a kiss to her temple and smiled at her sincerely in a way that only he could without blushing. "You know, I realize that the ideal type chart is just plain ridiculous." he wrinkled his nose.

Sunmi blinked at him in a daze, still a little dreamy about his previous words. "Why?" she murmured distractedly.

"Because," Sehun explained as if he was talking about the Newton's Third Law or something. "Because when you fall in love with someone, you don't care if she fulfills all the criteria you look for in your ideal girl, because you're already in love with her and who cares about the stupid critieria anyway?" he shrugged, smiling. "My brain tells me that I'm supposed to still be in love with my best friend Jina, but my heart chose you."

Sunmi stared at him and pinked, blinking and looking away before she turned into a tomato right in front of him. A vegetation as a girlfriend wasn't too attractive, she figured. "You're a better speaker than I thought." she muttered under her breath.

She wrinkled her nose at him and straightened her smile, putting on the fiercest expression she could conjure. "I still haven't forgiven you for going on a date with Jina when we were still faux dating!" she grumbled.

Sehun rubbed the back of his neck. "I was confused okay?" he pouted. "But to defend my case, you were on my mind even when I'm with her and I did buy a valentine's gift for you." Sunmi blinked at him in surprise. Sehun smiled sheepishly. "I was just too much of a coward to give it to you before."

He dug into his pocket and pulled out the Pandora charmed bracelet that he kept with him at all times. Sunmi's eyes rounded in pleasant surprise as he took her hand and threaded the bracelet around her wrist. "I bought this for you a week before Valentine's." he admitted. "But I was afraid to admit that I was growing feelings for a girl that I can't be with. A girl that has someone else she likes, a girl that belongs to another world."

"But now?" Sunmi shifted her gaze up to his face, unsure. "Sehun, I love you. I really do. However that's also the reason for my hesitance right now because I don't want you to give up anything for me. Do you realize that you're giving up your entire existence in the other world, your entire life, your everything....just to be here?" she whispered fiercely, frowning. "Have you thought it through, really? If you change your mind, I won't be offended really."

Sehun sighed softly and smiled a small smile. "Honestly? I thought about it all these days and I wasn't sure. The moment when you held out that mirror and I thought that all this was going to end, it was the moment when I was sure of everything. Kyungsoo hyung is really one for plotting." he laughed softly. "Because it made everything click. I can't leave, Sunmi. I don't want to, either. There isn't really anything to consider and nothing much to sacrifice."

His hand reached up to wipe a lone tear that had made it's way down her cheek. "I belong here with you, with the EXO-K boys, with everyone here. I know I'm being extremely evil by stealing the Devil's identity here, by pretending to be him, but I want to be selfish for once. I'm staying, Sunmi, and you can't make me go."

Sunmi searched his eyes with hers as her vision blurred to the tears welling in her eyes. Sehun tilted her head up and her eyes fluttered close as he leaned his forehead against hers, just enjoying the feeling of being in close proximity with each other.

Sehun rubbed his nose against hers tenderly and they both smiled. Everything felt too right to be wrong.

 

 

 

The rest of the EXO-K boys were chilling in a cafe together. D.O. looked particularly smug that his "cleverness" had managed to get his favorite couple together and he felt like the best matchmaker ever in the world.

They were discussing about the new couple and their concerns, of which D.O. managed to shoot down one by one.

"I don't get why you all are so worried, especially you mister." he poked Suho's arm and frowned. "Maknae loves her. She loves him. He made the decision to stay by her side and they'll live happily forever after. I really don't get why you're so jittery and acting so worrisome. It's going to be fine."

Suho grumbled under his breath and rubbed his temples. "The moment when Sehun said he wanted to stay, I did feel a little relieved for them. It's tiring trying to stop them from getting together when they seem to be meant to be, but still..." he shook his head.

Kai twisted his lip thoughtfully. "Even though I think Suho hyung is being a little too conservative here, I have to agree with him a little." he admitted. "Can two people really change worlds and live there forever for the rest of their lives without anything happening? Can you just defy nature in such a manner?" he shook his head.

Baekhyun considered this. "Well at present, it does seem to be that case. Sehun has no way of returning to his own world and he doesn't want to. The Devil is trapped in the other world and he can't come back because he doesn't even have the knowledge that it was a dumb mirror that made him switch places. Sehun is willing to stay and Sunmi is happy. I have to say that it does seem as if everything will turn out fine."

"Exactly!" D.O. high fived the Bacon and rolled his eyes. "I really don't know what you guys are worrying about. I'm the umma and I"m supposed to be the one worrying damn it." he snickered. "You guys are just jealous of how talented and clever I am to have thought of that fake enchanted mirror trick aren't you!" he grinned.

Suho rolled his eyes and forced a smile. He didn't feel too sure about this but he had to admit he was happy that his dongsaengs had found happiness with each other. This could even turn into a fanfiction really, about forbidden love between a girl and a guy from different worlds.

Damn, he was beginning to get mushy like D.O..

"I guess it does seem like Sehun staying is a good thing." he finally relented, making D.O. smile widely. "I guess I'm worrying too much. The two are happy together and there isn't a reason for us to worry right?"

"Exactly!" D.O. nodded. He sipped on his latte for a bit until he finally noticed that the happy virus was kind of too quiet. Too quiet to be Chanyeol.

D.O. raised his brows and Kai caught his meaning. The dance machine inched nearer to Chanyeol and poked the latter's arm. "Yah tall dude. You're too quiet, it's scaring us." he muttered.

It took a few more pokes before Chanyeol finally broke out of his thoughts and let out an exclaim that solved the mystery of what was going on in his mind.

"What in the world! I don't believe that maknae of ours already got a girlfriend and I haven't even dated yet! The world isn't fair!" he complained.

Oh Chanyeol, try harder next time.