Hesitation

The Other Side of the Mirror

DOUBLE UPDATED :) GO BACK ONE CHAP!
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun stared at his hands. He loved her, he loved Sunmi.

He supposed it started quite some time ago since he impulsively sprouted that they were dating. Or when he kissed her in the hallways. He should have known when he felt such rage and anger towards other guys that were close to Sunmi, and how he could never genuinely smile at Suho when he knew the hyung was supposedly the centre of sunmi's affections.

All this time, he was another victim of the scumbag brain. Like Sunmi, he was so convinced of his "love" for Jina that he failed to recognize what his heart was actually feeling. He convinced himself that he loved Jina so much that he could love this Jina in this world equally.

The thing was, did he even love the Jina back where he came from? He wasn't too sure now. If you asked him this question a few months ago when he was back in his own world, he would definitely shout a firm yes. At that point, his feelings really did seem intense enough.

And that was because he hadn't met the Kim Sunmi of this world just yet.

Comparing how he felt for Sunmi and what he felt for the Jina from his world, he realized that what he felt for Jina was only a fragment of what he felt for Sunmi. Sunmi could make him smile without doing anything and he just wanted to be next to her all the time.

Sehun buried his face in his hands and groaned. Why didn't he realize this sooner?

Now the thing that was stopping him from just blurting out his feelings mindlessly as he should have done, was his peculiar predicament of falling for a girl that he wasn't even supposed to have met. He wasn't supposed to have known this version of Sunmi at all. The only Kim Sunmi he should have known was the gangster school bully version back in his world.

A strange turn of events sent him hurtling to another world and since the very beginning, he regarded this as a short vacation from his original life. Even if this was as all vacations were, that his time here seemed happier than back there, he still regarded his time here as temporary.

Falling in love with Sunmi was like falling in love with some girl he met on a cruise trip and that they had to part when the cruise trip ended.

Some day when they managed to find another enchanted mirror to switch the two Sehuns back to their own worlds, what would happen to him and her then? He loved her, he was sure, but could he be committed enough to act on his feelings because of what was between them?

He didn't know.

 

 

 

It was funny because now it was Sehun's turn to avoid Sunmi. He didn't know how he was supposed to face her after knowing that he fell in love for her, because he knew he would be curious as to how she felt about him too. And he had a feeling he would be disappointed by her response.

After all, she had a deadly crush on Suho back then didn't she? He was the one to witness her crying, first hand, and he was the one to hold her while she did. Those tears were shed for Suho, not him.

Sehun sighed softly and wrinkled his nose, troubled. He didn't know if he should just go ahead to find the mirror as quickly as possible and return everything back to how it was supposed to be, or should he risk and sacrifice everything by blurting out his feelings and staying.

But what about his life back there?

Sehun considered his life back where he came from. His life was pretty miserable to be honest. He didn't have any friends, only one: Lee Jina. He was led to believe he was in love with his only friend, who already had a fiance, and that kind of brought him more pain than neccessary.

He was the subject to all cruel words in school and everyone looked down on him, especially the EXO-K boys.

He didn't have a family, only his butler and maids who were almost non-existent in his life as they feared to bother him. Once he thought about it seriously, he realized he didn't really have much holding him back in the other world except for one person, Lee Jina.

He knew that he loved Sunmi much more than Jina and that what he felt for Jina might have just been a figment of imagination in his life. It was quite predictable seeing how she was the only friend he had and it was inevitable that he thought he liked her for real, but even if those feelings weren't true, the fact remained that she was his only friend.

What if he just stayed her forever without saying goodbye?

Sehun sighed dramatically again and propped his chin up with his elbows. Aigoo, life was tough. Even for the Angel boy.

 

 

 

D.O. observed Sehun quietly from the side and clicked his tongue. Something told him that even if the maknae hadn't told anyone about what was bothering him, the maknae had actually made some progressions in his own level of maturity and awareness of his own feelings.

The instincts of a mother figure, never underestimate them. Even if the mother figure was a male.

He twisted his lips and looked from Sehun to Sunmi who was sittin beside him. The girl looked absolutely awful from losing her sleep for the past few nights and he knew it was because of the new realization of her feelings for Sehun. The fact that Sehun looked exactly the same as how Sunmi did thrilled D.O..

Something was brewing between the two.

He knew for a fact that the two felt something for each other but both were afraid to act because of fear of rejection and also the tinsy fact that they were from different worlds. But BAH, why did that matter? D.O. didn't think it did.

D.O. was forced out of his thoughts when Suho elbowed him, sending him a look. D.O. put on the most innocent expression he could muster and grinned, knowing that his innocent smile was almost comparable to the Angel Boy Sehun's. Suho raised a brow questioningly and sent a warning look.

D.O. blew on his bangs, rolling his eyes slightly. The father figure of EXO was just so annoyingly sharp as well. D.O. and Suho were the only two people that were aware of Sunmi's past fleeting crush on Suho but none of them spoke of it, knowing that Suho didn't feel the same.

Suho didn't want to reject Sunmi outright, and waited for her to have a change of heart. D.O. didn't bother to say anything because he just had a feeling that Suho wasn't the right person for Sunmi.

Turned out the mother and father were right because Sunmi's attraction towards Sehun seemed a whole lot stronger than how she felt for Suho. D.O. was pleased that his ship seemed to be sailing pretty well except for the fact that there were a lot of ice bergs around that threatened a second Titanic incident.

But life was thus, he concluded. Why live so safely and watch all possible happy endings pass by you without trying to reach for them?

D.O. didn't fully agree with Suho's view of how the Sunhun couple was an absolute NO-NO. There were no absolute no-no's in D.O.'s dictionary, especially when it concerned his favorite ship. The other three EXO-K boys were just annoyingly mindless to just follow with their leader's instructions and ing Sunhun's every moment together.

D.O. could understand their panic and concern for the little sister figure in their lives and how dangerously heart breaking it was for Sunmi to fall for Sehun. But she already did, deal with it.

D.O. loved Sunmi as well, just as much as the other EXO-K boys loved Sunmi. But he was going to love her in a different manner because hell, mothers were different alright? If her father was going to be so rigid about the entire love affair, D.O. was going to be an outstanding mother because protection was the last thing Sunmi needed.

He twisted his lip and glanced in Sehun's direction. The maknae looked absolutely miserable while having lunch with the rest of the soccer mates, poking his fork in his food and glancing at Sunmi every few moments. Hmm.

For the umma to make his plans, he was going to have to find out Sehun's feelings for real first. Even if he had a feeling he already knew what the maknae was feeling.

------

Sehun washed his hands slowly as he stared at himself in the mirror. Confused, he was. He was playing the role of the Devil so badly since he arrived, because none of the things he did were vaguely Devil-like.

He came to this world with the Devil's identity, assumed a completely different personality, and actually began to like living here. Great. Just great.

Sehun was just pondering on the stupid predicament he was in when someone else entered the restroom. His eyes widened slightly and he forced out a small smile. "Hey hyung."

D.O. sent him a grin and moved to stand beside the maknae, appearing to wash his hands of some invisible stain as well. "Hey." the umma murmured. "How's life going after the break up?"

Sehun's face immediately fell and D.O. inwardly screamed in glee. "Oh the break up?" Sehun laughed awkwardly. "Bad." he whispered. "I know it sounds stupid to be upset by a break up that wasn't real, but I am." he shrugged.

D.O. smiled knowingly. "Well if you must know what brought up the entire thing," he muttered innocently. "I think it was because Sunmi saw you going on a date with Jina."

Sehun stilled visibly. "What?" he snapped his head towards D.O. in alarm. Sunmi saw his stupid rash impulsive act?! Gawd, just kill him now.

"Well yeah," D.O. felt sadistic to know he felt glee at Sehun's panicky expression. "You know where Sunmi and me disappeared off to the week before Valentine's? She came over to my house every day after school to practise baking brownies. She said you mentioned liking him and she wanted to make them for you on Valentine's. It was funny because for the first time, don't tell anyone, I think Sunmi might not be as hopeless as I thought in the cooking department. Because trust me, the brownies she made on the day of Valentine's were...a-m-a-z-i-n-g."

Sehun swallowed visibly. What? He didn't know.

"But she didn't give-"

"Of course she didn't." D.O. shrugged. He figured that if he was to make Sehun spill his real feelings for Sunmi to him, a little guilt wouldn't harm anyone. "She never had the chance to give you the brownies because you were surrounded by girls all the time. And to think she was supposed to be your girlfriend at that time. So she waited after school to give it to you but you disappeared. Apparently with Jina."

Sehun winced.

"And so she waited at your house for you to return, calling and texting you but to have no reply." D.O. continued. Sehun mentally reminded himself to charge his phone, always. "She waited for house, Sehun. It was getting late and when she was about to leave, she saw a familiar couple at the bus interchange, hugging intimately as they bade goodbye."

Sehun choked. Wait what? Sunmi was there when Jina hugged him? CRAP. He didn't know, if he did, he wouldn't have hugged her back. .

"Well if you were her, would you have broken up with your boyfriend even if only in name?" D.O. raised his brows. "Because I would."

Sehun shifted uncomfortably. He felt like a bastard. So maybe he wasn't that angelic after all, because he felt like a devil after hearing that from D.O.. If only he had realized what he really felt for Sunmi at that time, he wouldn't have gone out with Jina. Blame it on his cowardly nature, he was afraid to admit his feelings for a girl that liked another guy because it meant instant heart break.

"She was lying when she said she wasn't upset." Sehun whispered gloomily. "I knew she was."

D.O. eyed him slyly. "Well I guess she would be, seeing how she turned down other dates by other guys even when she was only dating you in name." he murmured. "But it shouldn't matter so much now right? I mean, the entire relationship was a lie from the start." he observed Sehun carefully.

Sehun bit his lip and shifted. "I...guess for her it was."

"Just curious, Sehun." D.O. leaned nearer. "What made you blurt out that you were her boyfriend back then before everything started? You said you wanted to protect her from the rumors but I always felt like it was an insufficient explanation."

Sehun stayed quiet for a few moments and D.O. wanted to strangle the maknae. ANSWER THE QUESTION, DAMN IT.

"I guess..." Sehun croaked. "I guess I already started falling for her then." he whispered.

D.O. pulled back and bit his lip hard to stop the large smile from forming on his face. Bingo~ Just the verbal confirmation he needed.

He didn't care what Suho thought, because meh, sometimes fathers were just plain dense. He didn't care what the other EXO-K boys thought either, because heck, this ship was going to sail. And he would make sure of it.