Partner

The Other Side of the Mirror

"I can't believe him!" Sunmi gaped as she fanned herself, overflowing with anger. Suho joined the rest of the boys after he gave five thousand won to the kid who had surrendered all his money to the Devil.

"He's a complete terror that's what he is!" Sunmi continued, her fists clenched. "He doesn't deserve to live seriously, how can he intimidate younger students to give their pocket money to him?"

"He is just so scary I guess." D.O. shrugged, shaking his head. "He's just another human despite the nickname we gave him. Why are they so scared?"

Kai raised a brow. "It does help that he's kind of the leader of all be jocks in the soccer team. Might I remind you how large and strong those boys are? Offend the Devil, you're asking for a whacking from every single member of the soccer team." He pointed out.

"I can't believe such complete is happening right under the teachers' noses and they can't do anything to help." Baekhyun shook his head.

Suho sighed and shrugged. "I'm the Student Council President. That doesn't seem to change many things." He muttered dejectedly.

Sunmi wrinkled her nose and huffed in the direction where the Devil went. "Well, I hope that he'll get stuck with some girl he doesn't like for the project work later!" She snapped.

 

 

 

"Kim Sunmi, you're being paired up with Oh Sehun."

Sunmi's jaw dropped and she mentally smacked herself for her earlier words. A girl he didn't like indeed. Perhaps she should have added that the girl wasn't supposed to be her?

Sunmi turned slowly and saw the Devil's eyes on her. He scanned her from head to toe as if he was looking for meat on sale on a market, and then he rolled his eyes and scoffed.

Sunmi's eyes widened and she let out a soft growl. Excuse me? If there was one person who should curse the heavens and earth for this unfortunate arrangement, it should be her!

Sunmi grabbed her pencil case and some paper as she stormed over to where the Devil was sitting. Well he wasn't exactly sitting in the usual sense as his feet were thrown on the table like he owned the place, and he had a wide smirk on his face while the other soccer players goofed around him.

Sunmi cleared loudly as she got there, dragging a chair loudly to sit beside the Devil. She glanced back at the EXO-K boys and saw D.O. give her a look of sympathy. The happy virus had the nerve to actually grin at her, darn that guy.

"The project." Sunmi bit out curtly, trying to keep her eyes from glaring at the Devil but failing miserably.

Before the Devil could answer her, however, a shrill voice rang out in the class. "Seongsaengnim can I change partners please?" Jina asked, shooting Sunmi daggers with her eyes and making Sunmi's glares look like the Puss In Boots' large teary eyes in comparison. "I want to change partners with Kim Sunmi."

Sunmi glanced at Jina's current partner, who was the second in school guy called Lee Jinki. Jinki was shaking his head and burying his face in his hands in embarrassment.

Sunmi closed her eyes and wished fervently that the teacher would approve the switch. Give the darn Jina what she wanted, Sunmi didn't want to spend another second in such close proximity with the Devil.

"No, Jina. The purpose of this arrangement is for you to work with people you aren't familiar with. You haven't paired up with Jinki before and you've paired with Sehun in almost every project before this. Time for a change." The teacher beamed.

Sunmi let out an audible groan and she glanced at the Devil who was looking at her with the biggest smirk on his face. "Guess I'm getting an A for this project." He muttered.

"Excuse me?" Sunmi raised her brows. "We haven't even started and let's not forget half of the project is going to be done by you." She made a face.

The Devil snickered. "What made you think I would do anything?" He spoke in a low voice such that only she could hear. "My partner is you instead of the brainless chick isn't it? I'm sure I'll get the A."

Sunmi's jaw dropped and she turned away so she wouldn't strangle him right on the spot. She caught Lee Jina, the brainless chick, glaring back at her at full force and she cringed.

The day was going well. Fabulously.

-----

"Will you stop looking in the mirror?" Sunmi snapped, frowning at the Devil. "Pay attention to what we're doing can't you?"

The Devil looked up from his portable mirror (yes he was that vain), and gave Sunmi a smirk that would have rendered thousand of females faint. "There isn't anything around that's nice to look at, so I look at the mirror." He shrugged nonchalantly.

Sunmi wanted to push his face on the ground and make it stay there. Too bad the Devil was considered handsome by today's standards, because it only fueled his egoism.

Not only did he just indirectly insult that she wasn't someone nice to look at, he also praised himself at the same time.

Good lord, he was amazing.

"If you want to get any part of the acknowledgement for this project, I expect you to actually do something for it." Sunmi gave him a hard look, frowning. "You can't just expect me to do every single thing and get that A grade, while the same result is printed on your result slip. I'm not a brainless chick like your girlfriend." she spat.

The Devil shuddered visibly and he scowled at Sunmi. "That isn't my girlfriend, she's annoying as hell." he looked very obviously disturbed by that very possibility and Sunmi was absolutely elated by his misery. "Brainless chick or not, I'm Oh Sehun. You can't possibly expect me to do anything..." he raised a brow.

Sunmi growled and shot up from her seat, banging her fists on the table. "If you won't contribute to this project which is supposed to be teamwork, I'm going to tell the teacher and have you get a zero!' she warned.

The Devil snickered as he stood up, towering above her and nearly driving her mad with that smug smirk of his. Would he just wipe it off his face damn it?? "Well if that's the case I'll have to talk to my coach about taking time off training the team." he casually shrugged. "I'm really SURE he would let me go since we're training hard for the competitions. He'll TOTALLY be alright."

Sunmi scowled.

She knew for a fact that Sehun was the star soccer player and he was the very reason why some other aspiring soccer players wanted to come to their school. He was the soul of the entire sports colony in this institution and he knew it.

The teachers would of course be concerned about his academic results, but his coaches had a larger say. The principal would no doubt side with his coaches for the school's reputation and Sunmi already knew what was going to happen before she even took action. She would be "nicely" told by the teachers that her partner was engaged in extra activities and would no doubt be "asked" to pardon him.

The Devil knew she gave in and he sat back down, stretching his legs out on the table. "Don't say I'm not cooperating," he sang. "I'll sit right here while you brainstorm on the ideas for who our interviewees are. See? Moral support." he winked.

Sunmi looked away and closed her eyes, counting to ten. Cool it, Kim Sunmi. Murder wasn't worth it.

And then the Devil had the guts to take out his phone and start playing games while Sunmi was supposed to do all the work. He didn't even bother turning down the volume and Sunmi would hear the occasional sounds of "Divine!" "Delicious!" when he cleared a lot of candy on the game Candy Crush.

She bit her lip and stared at the ceiling. If only the Devil Oh Sehun would disappear some day, that would be great.

-----

"I know!" Chanyeol clicked his fingers, looking extremely delighted. "We can interview movie stars! Everyone would want to know what are the inner struggles and problems faced by movie stars!"

He paced about the room and grinned to himself happily. "Imagine, interviewing Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt." he sighed softly. "That would be amazing."

Baekhyun shot his partner a look and shook his head, rolling his eyes. He must be the most unlucky person after Sunmi to have gotten such a partner with not an ounce of common sense in his entire lengthy body.

D.O. raised his brows at Chanyeol who looked like Einstein when he discovered E=mc^2. "So tell me, how in the world are you going to find a chance to interview Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt? Are you going to fork out the money for the air tickets yourself?"

Chanyeol blinked as if he only just considered this. "Hmm if that's the case, stick to local stars then!" he snapped his fingers again as if he thought of the best idea in the world. Baekhyun groaned and buried his face in  his hands every time Chanyeol's fingers went SNAP.

"We can interview Han Hyo Joo, Song Jihyuo...Ooh Han Ga In!" he grinned. "And what about Kim Tae Hee!"

Kai shook his head and threw a popcorn into his mouth. "Again the question is, how are you going to get access to interview those people?" He questioned. "Hyung, why don't you just keep your mouth shut and let Baekhyun hyung do the thinking."

Chanyeol pouted and sank right down in the couch. "Oh alright, it's not my fault that my brilliance is handicapped by all these limitations we have." he muttered.

Baekhyun blew on his bangs and rolled his eyes. "If I had the chance, I'd interview SNSD too, don't you think I want to?" he made a face.

The EXO-K boys continued their banter until the door opened and Sunmi trudged tiredly in. They looked up from their various positions and raised their brows at her. "How was it?" they chorused, reclined comfortably in the couch as if the home was theirs.

"Horrible." Sunmi muttered, scowling. "I don't want to talk about it, I'm going up."

She stormed up to her room and slammed the door hard behind her, making the house shake in the after effects.

D.O. frowned in concern. "It seems she's really pissed. I mean, she didn't even nag about how we treat her home like ours, which really indicates something is wrong."

"What did you expect, she's being paired with the Devil himself." Kai shrugged. "I could change partners with her if I could, but I can't." he grinned.

"You're so insincere." Baekhyun punched Kai's arm.

Suho looked up at where Sunmi had gone and sighed softly. "Guess there's no way we can help her out of this one."