Sister

The Other Side of the Mirror

The tents were set up and the barbeque pits were prepared and the whole thing was starting to look like a real exciting camping experience.

The students were already given a few hours' of free time before dinner that night where most ghost stories would be exchanged above the camp fire. The EXO-K boys decided to go exploring a bit around the area of woods they were in and the ever-so-enthusiastic D.O. brought his camera around to snap a gazillion pictures.

"Darn the mosquitoes." Kai killed another one quickly as he slapped his palms together. He grimaced and dusted it off his hands, cringing. "I could have stayed at home, playing PS3."

"Don't be such a spoilt brat Kai, you need the nature once in a while." Baekhyun murmured, taking a deep breath of the fresh air. It smelt of earth and rain. "Hey is that a wild boar I see?" he blurted.

All eyes widened and looked around in panic. "Are you serious?" Sehun squeaked and hid behind a tree. Even Sunmi followed and hid behind Sehun.

"Nope. Just joking." Baekhyun burst out into laughter and clutched his tummy. Sunmi's face fell and she rushed over to give him a hard punch on the arm. Chanyeol looked like he was about to strangle his best friend and D.O. put down his ladle in relief. (Don't ask me how he got one, I don't know either.)

"You're such a bastard, Baekhyun." Sunmi wrinkled her nose. "I nearly died."

"Peace. Can't take jokes can't we?" Baekhyun murmured, looking a little triumphant. "It's just a freaking wild boar. If we meet one in this forest you can count on me. I'll protect you guys and save you all from-"

"Bee hive!" Chanyeol shrieked and pointed at the canopy layer on top of Baekhyun's head.

"WHAT?" Baekhyun screamed and ducked down, cowering. "WHERE!!!!"

The others grinned at each other and D.O. high fived Chanyeol. "Great one dude!" D.O. beamed. "Did you see him scream? WHATTTT???" his voice broke into giggles. "Gawd."

Kai snickered as Baekhyun huffed and swept the dust from his pants. "Aish. Karma's a ." he muttered.

The boys continued on their little walk around the forest and enjoyed the scenery on the way. They followed a wooden trail with Kai leading the way. The path wasn't too smooth and rather bumpy at some portions.

Kai, being the incredibly fit, advanced on without a hint of a problem. Sunmi, being much shorter than the rest of the EXO-K boys, had a hard time trying to match up to he pace Kai was setting for the gang.

She stumbled over the bumps and uneven flooring as she wiped the perspiration from her forehead, frowning. Sehun, who was trudging beside her, glanced at her with his brows knitted.

"Hey, you okay?" He whispered.

Sunmi huffed, her cheeks pink from the workout. "Lets just say that I'm really quite unfit for this." She muttered. "And that stupid Kai is really going too quickly."

Sehun reached out to take her hand wordlessly as he led her on, slowing down his pace for her. Sunmi gave him a grateful smile as she accepted his help.

The two slowly fell behind of the group as they chatted easily, laughing and chuckling at random moments.

"And?" Sunmi giggled. "What happened next?"

"The other world Sunmi decided that she didn't like this puny guy's guts any longer and one day, she sent her terrifying boyfriend Suho after him." Sehun recalled, chuckled. "What the badass couple didn't realize was that the punt guy actually had a black belt in taekwondo."

Sunmi burst into peals of laughter as Sehun continued. "And that was how the other world Suho got himself two panda eyes which really fitted his fair skin, I must add." Sehun grinned. "The puny guy could throw a punch alright!"

Sunmi fanned herself. "The only thing I can say is serve him right." She sighed softly. "Who knew the other world's Suho was such a terror? This only means that this world's Suho is a complete sweetheart." She smiled.

Sehun watched her carefully and twisted his lips. "You like him a lot don't you?" He murmured.

Ducking her head, Sunmi stared at her feet while they strolled on. "I guess. He fulfills all my expectations for an ideal lover. He's like my ideal type." She shrugged. "The only thing I'm envious about the other world's Sunmi is that she has Suho. Even if he's the evil version who deals with drugs."

Sehun squeezed her hand comfortingly. "Hey, if that relationship can blossom on the other side, it can blossom over here too." He beamed brightly at her. "And don't worry, you have me here to help you!" He patted his own shoulder.

Sunmi laughed and shook her head. "And what would you know about helping me with my romantic matters?"

"Oh I'm quite the expert." Sehun flicked his imaginary long hair with a smile. "Don't you know?"

Sunmi laughed as she leaned against him naturally as she felt the fatigue fit her. Sehun held her had tighter as he led her on the path and Sunmi couldn't help but feel safe.

Like she was in the safest part of the world.

 

 

 

"Oh look at her." Kai covered his eyes modestly and groaned. "s like these shouldn't even be allowed out of their houses."

Sehun was also shielding his eyes but his cheeks were much redder than the other boys'. Chanyeol was staring blatantly without feeling shy at all and Baekhyun was rolling his eyes, pulling Chanyeol to look away.

The boys in the area were behaving a little strangely as Jina and her friends strutted in their skimpy bikinis, deciding to go into the river for a fresh swim. Sunmi felt a little inferior in face of such curvaceous competition and she bit her lip slightly as she looked down at her large oversized T shirt and short shorts which she thought she would go in a swim in.

"Sehun oppa~" Jina waved, her bright pink bikini screaming for attention. "Come join us in the water! It's so cooling and refreshing~"

Sehun reddened and focused his gaze on the ground. Sunmi could imagine him chanting to himself. Don't look up. Don't look up.

"Must she wear like this?" Sehun muttered, not very comfortable. "The Jina I knew would never wear anything like this."

"That's because she isn't the Jina you know, thought you'd have figured that out by now." D.O. chewed on a sandwich, deciding to eat instead. He chewed thoughtfully. "Funny how girls think they must reveal some flesh to look y huh? The real y women don't even need to expose their assets."

"True." Suho nodded in agreement. "The most beautiful women are still beautiful without make up and even dressed in a rag. The most beautiful women are the ones that still look pretty without artificial products."

Sunmi swallowed and peered at her reflection in the mirror. Did Suho think she looked pretty like how she was now? She patted her hair flat consciously. She didn't look too spectacular if you compared her with Lee Jina.

She sighed softly and looked at the guy beside her who was close to hyperventilating as he eyed Jina. "Stop gulping air like a goldfish." Sunmi whispered. "You're giving everything away."

Sehun closed his mouth and squeezed his eyes shut. "She's so pretty when she smiles." he whispered. "Even prettier than the Jina back there. Eotteohke? I'm kind of spazzing right now."

Sunmi bit back a smile at how adorable he looked. Lee Jina was one lucky to look like the same girl Sehun was in love with. "Relax." she whispered back.

Sehun gripped her hand tightly and wrinkled his nose. "Easy for you to say. I don't see you acting like you usually do around Suho hyung." he murmured softly. "You act like a shy meek cat instead of the tigress you originally are."

Elbowing him hard, Sunmi stuck out her tongue. "And you know me very well?"

"Enough to know you aren't acting yourself around him." Sehun muttered, looking at her. He sighed and rubbed his temples. "Don't you think the two of us are stupid? Shouldn't we act like ourselves around the person we like? Because he or she is supposed to be the person you're most comfortable with."

Sunmi puffed her cheeks. "How can you feel comfortable when your heart is racing like an F1 car?" she questioned, raising her brows.

Sehun and Sunmi looked at each other for a few moments before bursting into laughter. "We're stupid." Sehun shook his head, smiling and flicking Sunmi's forehead.

Sunmi whacked his arm lightly and smiled. "We are, aren't we?"

They fooled around for a bit more and Sehun never realized how he slowly forgot about Jina's y existence just few feet away. The said girl was furious to see Sehun and Sunmi laughing happily while sitting at the edge of the river while she was positively freezing in her skimpy wear. What the hell is wrong with that guy's eyesight?

Which was when a shrill shriek rang out through the air and all laughter stopped.

"OWW! HELP!" Jina shrilled. "Sehun oppa! I'm dying!"

Sehun blinked in surprise and looked up, not knowing what happened. Jina's friends rushed to her aid and pulled her to sit on the bank of the shallow river, where Jina whined so loudly that the wild life in a ten kilometre radius must have been scared away.

"HELPPPP!!!!" Jina shrieked. "A CRAB! A CRAB GOT ME!"

Sehun shot up from his place and let go of Sunmi's hand so quickly that Sunmi didn't even know what happened. Sehun rushed over to Jina's side, turning paler than he already was. "What happened?" he asked in a panic-strickened voice.

"GET THE CRAB AWAY FROM MY TOE!!!" Jina used the chance to clutch onto Sehun, plastering herself against him. Sehun didn't notice as he squinted at the creature at her toe. "Jina, that's a snail." he picked it up and let it back into the water.

"Oh." Jina muttered stupidly. She buried herself deeper into Sehun's comforting chest. "But I was soooo scared when I felt it touch me Sehun oppa!" she mumbled, sniffing. "I nearly had a heart attack."

Sehun swallowed awkwardly as the girl snuggled up against him. One of his hands reached out to pat her hair in a stiff fashion. "Uhm...eerrr...it's alright now?" he scratched his head, wondering how he should react to this.

Jina didn't care as she hugged Sehun tighter. She met Sunmi's gaze from over Sehun's shoulder and hid a smirk. Take that, Kim Sunmi.

-----

Sunmi looked away, not feeling very comfortable. Especially when the girl was Lee Jina and who knew where those lips of hers had been. She still felt that someone as nice as Sehun shouldn't waste his time on a like Jina but hey, it was a free world wasn't it?

Someone came to sit next to her and Sunmi promptly forgot about Sehun, tossing him to the back of her mind. She smiled meekly as Suho raised his brows in Sehun's direction. "Does Sehun have a crush on Jina or something? He bolted over like lightning." he commented.

Sunmi just shrugged. "I don't know." Or maybe she doesn't care, especially when Suho was around.

Suho sent her an amused smile. "Shouldn't you be stomping your feet in anger, seeing how you're supposed to be his girlfriend and all?" he ruffled her hair, chuckling. "Play your part well, Kim Sunmi. You're not much of an actress."

Sunmi wrinkled her nose and stared at her fingers. Yeah, she wasn't good in acting. It was a wonder how she managed to hide her feelings for Suho from all five EXO-K boys before Sehun came along. Maybe it was just because the thought of her falling for any of them was just so ridiculous that they didn't suspect anything even when it was so freaking obvious.

Sunmi's eyes trailed over to Sehun and Jina and remembered the pure panic on Sehun's face when he heard Jina scream. Would Suho look anything close to that should something happen to her?

"Suho." Sunmi muttered, swallowing hard.

"Hmm?" Suho responded distractedly, wriggling his toes in the water.

Sunmi took a deep breath and swallowed. "What will you do if I fall into the river and maybe....maybe a real crab gets me? Or a poisonous snake. Or the water's too deep and I'm drowning." she risked a glance in his direction. "What will you do?"

Suho looked over at her with a smile. "What do you think I'll do? I'll jump in to save you of course." he ruffled her hair. "Aigoo, what's with these questions."

Sunmi smiled softly, her heart thudding so loudly she could hardly hear her own voice. "You will?" she squeaked, much to her humiliation. "You'll go in to save me?"

Suho chuckled, ruffling her hair once more. "Of course I will. You're like my younger sister, Sunmi. Why wouldn't I?"

And that was when the whole world came crashing down on Sunmi as she looked away to hide the sudden gush of tears.

Sister. .

 

 

-----

HELLO! I'm back xD

I'm so so so so SOOOOOOOOOOO sorry to have let you guys wait so long. I've had several consecutive weeks of camp and now school has started NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

College is so different I want to diee :"( they expect you to be so fiercely independent from the first day. I want to be young again.

Anyway I'm really VERY sorry for the long wait, I'll try to update as and when I can, but please don't worry. I WILL finish all my stories, in case anyone out there wonders if I'll abandon them.

NO. I vill finish them. Muah is velly determined. xD

Thank you for sticking around. You don't know how much it means to me :)