;VIII.

To Daddy, With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jongin is a man full of surprises. And she, after nearly three months of living with him, she ought to figure it out already. But Taehee still cannot help but be surprised, when, one sunny morning of May, Jongin suggests that they go away for the weekend.

This happened during Tuesday. From Wednesday to Friday, all they did was planning. No, actually, Jongin has come up with all sorts of destinations, trying his best to make them sound promising in Taehee’s eyes.

Of course, a good couple of weeks have passed since the encounter with Haeun and Sehun, and curiously, Jongin has never mentioned about visiting that Indian restaurant. Taehee feels joyful, that he is finally paying attention to her and to Him as well, accompanying them to the doctor’s, talking about clothes and toys and cradles and whatnot. She likes how things are progressing, even though it’s also scaring her a bit. Jongin’s actions are sudden, and seem just a bit forced. But at least he tries his best, and, well, that’s all what truly matters.

“How about we visit a mountainous region?” He asks, while skimming through the sheets with tourist attractions.

Jongin is currently sitting on the floor from the living room, his hair a mess, legs crossed and thinking hard. Taehee, who is reading a magazine, while sitting on the couch, she eyes him every few minutes, pondering whether to answer him or let the man give his own answers. He’s been talking to his self for the last half an hour, or so. The coffee table is filled with fliers and whatnot, untouched coffee and empty bags of Oreos.

After throwing a flier through the room, Taehee decides to talk to him. “But why a mountainous area?”

Ashy brown eyes shot up, staring at her most intensely. Shivers race down her spine, at the look he offers her. Jongin looks at her so maturely, so beautifully, that she feels her knees turn to jelly, even though she is currently sitting.

 “Well,” the man begins tactfully, scratching his jaw in the process, “I read somewhere that fresh air does good for the mother and the baby. Also, some exercise won’t harm you, given the recent amount of devoured Oreos. Also, you have morning sickness, and you seem irritated at the intoxicating smell of the city, so you’ll feel better in the mountains.” He says in one breath, managing to surprise her.

“Fair enough.” Taehee nods in acceptance, already knowing the facts. “But why a mountain? Why not a resort area, or a park?”

At her question, a silly smile is splattered on his handsome face, and Him might’ve kicked her in the stomach. Oh, wait. The baby moves only after the fourth months or so, so it must be the butterflies.

“You said once you liked hiking.” Jongin adds sheepishly, as he grins mischievously, showing that set of milky white teeth, and perfectly sculpted lips.

She would tear into his lips, bite into his skin, kiss his flesh–

Now that’s rich fantasy.

“Oh. How nice of you!” Taehee exclaims, truthfully touched.

“Hmm… How about the Choejeongsan mountain in Daegu?” Jongin then quickly changes the subject, avoiding embarrassment like a pro.

“Sure,” she agrees, not really knowing what’s so special about that place. Instead, as she mentally draws the way to Daegu, she remembers something. “Can we stop by at a place, while we’re at it?”

His attention is back on her, the rest of the world eclipsed by Taehee’s stunning beauty. She is beautiful, even while wearing simple clothes, with her hair in a messy bun, and looking tired.

“Alright. But… why?”

She shrugs curtly. “You’ll see.”

And the remaining few days pass by fast, in which Jongin mostly makes a list of what they need to buy, and then checks it over and over again. Taehee accompanies him to buy all the stuff they need, according to him, and even feels amused by his mindless behavior.

Jongin asked for a temporary leave from the company, one which Sehun approved. When talking about money, Jongin assured her that it won’t be a problem, him not going to work for a while. He’s been spending money on him only for the past two years, so his accounts are doing well. The occasional help towards Hyera won’t cause him any financial harm either. He’s more than glad to help her out with anything.

And so, they head off Thursday morning. Because of the delay Taehee’s request, and the road being quite long by car, they have to go earlier, if they plan on arriving on Friday night or Saturday morning. Why would it take so much? Because Taehee is with child. And driving for a long distance might cause her to be sick. And it might harm Him as well.

All in all, better safe than sorry, and Jongin would rather have as many stops as needed, than for Taehee and Him to suffer.

Surely, the BMW x6 he borrowed is not made only for highways or ‘safe’ roads, but oh well. It’s comfortable and he hasn’t driven one in a while.

“So, where do you want to stop, if I might ask?” Jongin asks, once they leave Seoul’s outskirts behind them.

The morning is fresh, the air warm, and a promising adventure is set before them.

“You’ll see.” She chuckles, the sound as if bells chiming in the background. ‘There’s a small road which heads up to a hill. I thought about spending a couple of hours there first, and then continue our way.”

Jongin nods, still not quite understanding her intentions. Why would she want to go up on a hill? And what is she planning to do there the whole morning and noon? Well, women are difficult creatures to understand.

The said alley shows up in the following minutes, and Jongin pulls up on it. Driving on the bumpy road until he spots a small house on top of the hill, and Taehee tells him to stop.

She hops out of the car, and he follows quietly.

“What is this place?” He then asks, while walking closely by her side. He can’t risk anything to jump out and hurt her.

A moment of silence is what Taehee takes for granted, before answering him. “This is where I grew up.” And turns around, walking towards the gates

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter