;Epilogue

To Daddy, With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The school bus stops in the station and the children happily jump off of it, rushing towards the parents waiting for them. Among them, there is a boy with a wide grin, hurrying towards his mother. His hair as black as night, skin dark, as if he’s tanned and overall presence bringing forth happiness and joy.

“Mother!” He shouts once he arrives to his mother’s side, and wraps his arms around her torso.

The woman chuckles shortly, the closest action of lowering her defenses. She ruffles her son’s hair and he looks up into her eyes.

“Welcome home, Minnie.” Taehee says and holds his hand.

The two begin to walk back to the apartment complex, swinging their arms, and Jongmin telling his mother how boring it is at school.

“That might be the case, Minnie, but don’t act disrespectful to the teacher and your classmates. Even though you find the lesson boring.” The woman reminds her son, who had been gifted with a brilliant mind.

Even if he’s so young, there are many things which prick his interest, things other children would ignore. But then again, her Park Jongmin is like no other. Of course he’d shine, under any circumstances.

“What do we have for dinner?” Jongmin asks with excitement, his eyes practically gleaming just at the thought of food.

Taehee rolls her eyes playfully. “Naengguk,” she then replies.

The little boy lets out a sigh. He’s not that into cold dishes. Though he won’t ever go against his mother’s wishes.

“When will we visit Uncle Chanyeol and Aunt Hyera? I miss seeing Inhye too.” Jongmin then says, with a cute pout.

It’s amazing how reliable her son is. He loves hanging out with people older than him, instead of children his age. It might be the environment, or the fact that he’s isolated himself as a toddler, but Jongmin feels more free in the company of older people. Not that Taehee minds.

“We might visit them this weekend. Inhye’s birthday is coming up anyway, and Hyera said that she’ll hold a small party.” The woman explains to her son, as they set foot in the familiar street.

At her words, however, Jongmin grimaces. “What? So there will other snotty brats?”

She chuckles, at her son’s question. “Do I have to remind you that those snotty brats are the same age as you?”

Obviously disliking the fact that she’s pointed out a truth, the boy rolls his eyes. He is about to say something else, when his eyes take in a figure. It’s a stranger, but, for some reason, he finds him familiar.

Jongmin stops on the sidewalk, eyes locked across the street, at the man.

“What is it?” Taehee asks with worry.

 “That man, he’s watching us,” comes his immediate answer.

Following his line of sight, Taehee has to hold back a gasp. Indeed, across the street, there is a man, standing there and imminently watching them. He st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter