;X.

To Daddy, With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Slipping out of the bed carefully, as not to wake the sleeping lady next to him, Jongin tiptoes to the kitchen and pours some water in the coffeemaker. Leaning against the counter while the water boils, the man ponders what to prepare for a quick breakfast, since he knows she will wake up pretty soon, especially since she’s a light sleeper, and for the past week, they slept side by side.

“Hmm…” He taps his index against his chin as he runs his eyes through the cupboards, thinking what is where stored.

Heading to the fridge, Jongin takes out the milk, pouring it into a pot and warming it up. He then takes out a box of mueslis and throws some in a flowered bowl. He barely has a moment to take the milk and pour it into the bowl, because the door from the bedroom opens, and later on, light steps echo in the hallway.

“Jongin?” Her careful voice is the sweetest whisper he’s ever heard, and the called man twirls on his heel, meeting her slight frown and disheveled state.

The ashy eyed man bites hard into his bottom lip, when looking at her. She wears one of his pajama shirts, which ends somewhere on her middle thighs, a white tank top visible where the cloth has slipped down her shoulder. Her hair has grown now – apparently one of the perks of being pregnant – and now the ends curl just above her s. She’s a beautiful mess, a picture he’d admire every single morning.

“Good morning, my lady.” He calls out, just as the coffee is ready.

“What are you doing?” Her fresh voice chimes through the kitchen, while the stool is being pulled, and she sits at her usual seat by the table.

“I’ve made breakfast for you. And also coffee.” The man says confidently, as he waltzes around the room, searching for two mugs, and then pouring the addicting black liquid in each. He adds a bit of sugar and milk into hers, while leaving his black.

Taehee is visibly surprised by his actions and looks at the bowl of her favorite cereals and also the beverage she is most addicted to. He’s such a charming guy. But then, she notices something and gets up all of a sudden, surprising the man.

“But what about you? I’ll make something right away…” She begins to say, headed to the stove, but warm hands close around her arms, sending shivers down her spine.

Inhaling deeply, Taehee allows him to twirl her around, still not letting go of her. He walks his hands up and down her arms, smiling that silly smile of his. “I’m fine. I’ll grab something on the way to the company.” Jongin says gently, and, swaying closer to her, he pushes her hair out of her eyes, revealing her forehead, and then presses his lips on it, in a sweet and caring peck.

Taehee feels the butterflies making a ruckus inside of her stomach, and her whole body is filled with a warm sensation, with electricity, vibrations, all of these brought by the purest act of humans. It is but the prelude of a kiss.

Sehun asked Jongin, just as they returned from their little escapade, to fill in at work in his place. The wedding was going to take place in a couple of weeks, and Sehun and Haeun were busy with preparations. Unable to refuse his old good friend, Jongin could do nothing but comply.

“You’ll be fine by yourself?” He asks her gently, twirling her brown hair around his index finger in a hypnotizing gesture.

Taehee nearly forgets how to breathe for  a moment, being stuck in his reverie, but somehow manages to find the strength to reply, and to actually seem down to earth. It’s not good, the way he lately affects her. It’s not good at all…

“I won’t be by myself. I’m meeting up with Chanyeol later at noon.”

Her words stuck in his gut. His fingers tremble for the slightest, and Jongin tries his best to keep his wavering heart under control. She’s meeting that guy. Call it crazy or surreal, but in the depths of his heart, he feels jealous over this guy. So jealous he can’t call him by his name, and refers to him like previously. Maybe it’s because he’s had a connection with Taehee, maybe because they have a shared past. Maybe because he can freely show what he feels towards her, and she, in return, has lowered all of her walls.

Maybe because that guy doesn’t have messed up feelings, driven by confusion.

“Oh, I see. Well, have fun, then.” He croaks, adding a forced smile, and pecking her forehead once again.

Jongin has his eyes closed and lengthens the action, so he could feel her longer, so that her scent will stay around more.  He inhales the scent of her skin, of her shampoo, locking it away in his memory, and bringing it back from time to time like an old toy, whenever he feels like he needs it again.

He’s fallen in the abyss of being unquenchably dedicated to Park Taehee.

The chiming of the bells tell of her arrival, and, arranging the strap of her purse, she looks around the nearly empty local, trying to find a familiar figure.

The bistro is a small and cozy place, one Taehee has never visited before. But since Chanyeol suggested they meet there, since it’s close to Jongin’s apartment, she couldn’t agree more. Still, she has to agree that the place is pretty and quiet. The walls are covered with vintage tapestry, the tables and stools are white, the window frame as well, flowers and different plants furnishing the general beauty.

And her sight stops on a tall man, whom she notices waving crazily at her, the black mess of his hair, widened eyes and grinning mouth.

“Taehee-ah, annyeong!” He calls out, and the personnel looks between them curiously.

But she doesn’t mind them. Not at all. Instead, Taehee smiles at him back and carefully steps towards him. She wears a flower-printed baby doll dress, with a cute collar and ending right above her knees, a pair of beige flats, and her brown purse. Brown hair is straight on her back and around her shoulders, and she only wears a bit of BB Cream, covering her fatigued face.

Of course, Chanyeol doesn’t know – yet – that she lives with Jongin, and when he asked about her place, she reflexively told him the current address. That’s why Chanyeol suggested a place in the neighborhood, just a couple of streets away.

“Hey!” He calls out and wraps her in a tight embrace, nearly crushing her bones.

Taehee’s reaction is a kitten-like whimper, due to the sudden pressure of his abdomen against her stomach, and the man lets her go immediately.

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry! Did I hurt you? Are you alright?” Chanyeol is a step aw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter