Mutual Feelings

My Boss’s Son Is My Housemate?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 8. Mutual Feelings

 

For the past few weeks, Taeyeon, Yuri, and Sooyoung have been really busy with University stuff along with the upcoming musical, unlike the three girls who frequently hangs out after work. At the same time, Tiffany is getting along really well with Taeyeon’s mom and would often eat lunch together or even shop together sometimes. Mrs. Kim treats Tiffany as her daughter and same goes to Tiffany as she treats the older woman like her mom.

 

“Taeng! Tiff! Over here!” Sooyoung waved his hand when he spotted the two who have just enterred their usual café in the mall.

 

It is Saturday and all of them don’t have work. It is also the first weekend that the three lecturers have been waiting for after the hell weeks that they had in the University. They all decided to meet in the café as they discuss their plans for the upcoming three-day vacation that the boys got for the month.

 

“Hey~~ Oh, where’s Jess?” Taeyeon greets them with a wide grin on his face and curiously asked Yuri on his girlfriend’s whereabouts before allowing Tiffany to sit first.

 

“Miss me?” Jessica chuckled behind Taeyeon.  He quickly turned around and dorkily grinned at Jessica as he gave her a hug and kissed the girl’s cheek.

“Definitely!” Taeyeon happily exclaimed before sitting beside Tiffany.

 

They all order food of their choice for their brunch and Jessica can’t help but notice the special treatment that Taeyeon is giving to Tiffany. Jessica raised an eyebrow and suspiciously stared at Taeyeon and Tiffany who seems to be on their own worlds while checking something on the girl’s phone. She eyed the two trying to figure out if Tiffany and Taeyeon are already together or if there’s something that happened between the two. She sees that the way Taeyeon looks at Tiffany is different now and the guy seems to be more caring and sweet to her best friend for the last few weeks.

 

“What?” Tiffany voiced out when she noticed the intense stare from her best friend and suddenly, all eyes were on Jessica.

 

“Nothing.” She smirked before whispering something to Yuri.

 

Yuri’s face lit up and a wide smile was drawn to his face upon hearing what Jessica had told him. He then squealed with delight, earning weird looks from his friends and Jessica just softly giggled beside him.

 

“Taeng, so you finally realized your feelings for that girl, huh?” Yuri managed to say after finally calming down from snickering.

 

“Eh?” Taeyeon tilts his head as he furrowed his brows, trying to understand what Yuri said while looking back and forth at Jessica and him.

 

Seeing the sly smiles on their faces, Taeyeon’s eyes widen and blushed a little upon realizing what his friends meant. Soon after, Sooyoung and Sunny leaned forward, resting their arms on the table with wide grins drawn on their faces.

 

“Oh my God! Taengoo~~ I’m so happy for you!” Sunny exclaimed. Her eyes are sparkling and her smile shows how happy she is for her friend. After all, Sooyoung told her everything about Taeyeon’s growing feelings for Tiffany and she can’t wait to have her two friends to be together now that the guy had finally realized that he likes Tiffany.

 

“Taeng, come on! What are you waiting for, confess to her! Now~~” Sooyoung grinned at Taeyeon but the guy just let out a deep sigh, confusing them except for Tiffany who has been busying herself with her phone.

 

Tiffany felt a sharp stinging pain in her heart upon hearing that Taeyeon already has someone in his heart and worse is, it’s not her. If she can just leave and run away just not to hear any more about their conversation, she will. She didn’t utter a single word for she’s afraid that her voice might crack and Taeyeon would definitely find it weird and she doesn’t want that.

 

“I can’t… I… I don’t think I’m ready yet…” Taeyeon sadly smiled as he stared lovingly at the girl beside him, who seems to be more interested on her phone rather than their conversation.

 

He is certain that he has feelings for the girl but he is still not ready yet to accept someone and it makes him more reluctant to confess to Tiffany. Besides, he is still not sure if the girl likes him more than a friend.

 

Yuri, Jessica, Sooyoung, and Sunny scoffed at the two as they rolled their eyes, feeling frustrated on the slow progress of the relationship between Tiffany and Taeyeon.

 

“Why don’t you court her.” Jessica said and it caught all her friends’ attention, including Tiffany.

 

She couldn’t believe that her best friend is asking Taeyeon to court someone else even though she already told Jessica about her feelings towards the guy. She stared at Jessica in disbelief and her best friend just smirked at her.

 

“We’ll see…” Taeyeon’s face brightens up as a sweet smile was drawn across his face.

 

Tiffany glanced at him for a moment before turning her attention back to her phone as she bit her lower lip to distract herself from crying. Seeing the dreamy look on the guy’s face, she can’t help but be hurt knowing that she doesn’t even stand much of a chance to be with Taeyeon.

 

“We’ll look forward to that! But you better hurry… don’t make her wait too long.” Yuri warmly smiled as he glanced at his obviously clueless cousin.

 

Taeyeon gazed at Tiffany while the two couples continued to plan their three-day vacation. From that night that he realized his feelings for the girl, he has been thinking hard if he will confess or not. He once tried to tell her that he likes her but Tiffany just took it casually and thought that Taeyeon means that he likes her only as a friend. Besides, Tiffany doesn’t want to give her hopes up.

 

“I hope you’ll say yes…” Taeyeon softly said, catching the attention of Tiffany away from her phone.

 

“H-huh?” Tiffany stuttered as she confusedly stared back at Taeyeon. She didn’t quite understand what Taeyeon meant and thought it’s about something about their three-day getaway.

 

‘…if I ask you to wait for me as I get ready to give you all of my heart.’

 

“I hope you’ll say yes… if I ask you to teach me how to take great pictures on our vacation.” Taeyeon pouts as he gives Tiffany his own version of his adorable puppy eyes.

 

Tiffany stared at him for a few moments, and then a sincere smile was formed on her face. Her heart felt warm upon seeing the guy’s expression and couldn’t help but sigh upon realizing how a simple cute gesture from the guy can make her feel warm inside and forget about the pain she felt earlier.

 

“Yes, I will…” She nodded and smiled at Taeyeon.

 

“Thanks Fany-ah…” Taeyeon softly said and kissed Tiffany on the cheek. The girl froze at the sudden contact and not long after, a pink tinge becomes visible on her face, causing some snickerings from her friends.

 

==================================================================================================================

 

The group finished their brunch and finally decided to spend their vacation in the pension hotel owned by Sunny’s parents in the midst of the mountainous area in the western central region of the country. And since it’s been a while since they hang out together as a group, Sooyoung insisted to go to the amusement park nearby after eating and the rest gladly agreed to him.

 

“Taeng??!”

 

Taeyeon and the rest of his friends turned around upon hearing his name being called from behind. Taeyeon’s face lit up and dorkily grinned at the guy who has the same goofy grin that’s walking towards him.

 

“Taengoo!!! Geez, dude! I miss you!” the guy swings his arm around Taeyeon’s neck and ruffles his hair to show how much he misses the dork who helped him get into the Broadway.

 

“Yah! You miss me that much, huh?” Taeyeon shoves the guy’s arm away from him and playfully punched him in his arm.

 

The rest of the group just stared at the two who were fooling around and couldn’t care less of the other people giving them weird looks and soft giggles.

 

“Guys, this is Taecyeon. He’s a good friend of mine back in New York. Taec, these are my friends.” Taeyeon happily introduced his friend to the group. Taecyeon and the group exchanged their hi’s and hello’s along with simple introductions of their names.

 

Noticing that the guy doesn’t have anyone with him, Taeyeon asked if he is alone and he sheepishly answered the guy, saying that he is indeed alone as he doesn’t have any friends yet since he just arrived in Seoul a few days ago. He also informed Taeyeon that he’s on a two-month business trip with his Dad and would pretty much be living in the country for a while.

 

Being as friendly as they are, the boys told Taecyeon that he can be friends with them and dragged him along to the amusement park. Since the amusement park is just around the corner, it didn’t take them long to reach their destination as the boys squealed like kids upon getting near the entrance.

 

While waiting for Sooyoung who volunteered to buy their tickets, Tiffany fixes Taeyeon’s hair and the guy stopped fooling around with Taecyeon for a bit as he bent down a little so Tiffany could fix his hair properly.

 

Since Taeyeon is still hyped up upon meeting his friend from New York, he can’t help but to be dorky and twisted his body from side to side in a snakelike motion, earning a playful slap on his arm from Tiffany. Taeyeon beamed a dorky grin at her and Tiffany giggled at him as she continued fixing the guy’s hair with her right hand while her other hand is holding onto Taeyeon’s arm to stop him from moving.

 

Taecyeon stared at the two and somehow, he felt jealous and curious with the closeness of the two. He must admit that he was attracted to Tiffany the first time he saw the beautiful girl and wants to get close to her.

 

“Guys!!! Let’s go~~~” Sooyoung yelled as he waved the tickets, gesturing his friends that they can now enter the amusement park.

 

The group then followed Sooyoung but before they can all enter the place, Taecyeon dragged Taeyeon a bit farther from the group, earning weird looks from Taeyeon’s friends.

 

“What?” Taeyeon asked as he confusedly stared at the taller guy who seems to be hesitating if he should ask it or not.

“Uhm… are you and… are you and Tiffany an item?” Taecyeon reluctantly asked as he glanced on the waiting friends of Taeyeon near the entrance.

“Eh? Err… n-no… we’re just… friends.” Taeyeon pondered for a moment if he would tell Taecyeon that he likes Tiffany but decided not to ‘coz he knows that the guy doesn’t know how to keep a secret.

 

“Really?! So that means I have a chance on her?!” Taecyeon happily exclaimed and shook Taeyeon with a wide grin plastered on his face.

 

Taeyeon blinked a few times to make sure he heard his friend right. Once Taecyeon stopped from shaking him, he furrowed his brows as he stared intently at the taller guy.

 

“T-Taeng… uhm… I-I like her... can you please please please help me to have a date with her? I guess this is what they call love at first sight!”

 

Taeyeon was stoned upon hearing his friend’s confession. He didn’t know how to react and seeing the dreamy expression on his friend’s face, he doesn’t know what to do whether he’ll admit that he likes Tiffany too but still reluctant to confess or he will say yes and help Taecyeon to have a date with the girl he likes.

 

“I’ll take that as a yes!” Taecyeon blurted out after receiving nothing but silence from the guy as he dragged Taeyeon back to where the rest of the group is.

 

Taeyeon just sighed and weakly smiled at Tiffany upon seeing a confused look from the girl.

 

==================================================================================================================

 

Taeyeon has been silent since they enterred the amusement park and Tiffany noticed it. He will just smile and laugh along with them but never had uttered a single word except for answering okay when he was asked if he wants to ride this and/or that ride. Tiffany wondered what Taecyeon and Taeyeon had talked about earlier that made the guy’s mood to drop.

 

“Guys~ let’s ride the Gyro Drop!!!” Sunny excitedly eyed the giant panorama tower and gave her friends her puppy eyes.

“Whooo!!! Let’s go!~~” The group cheered except for Tiffany and Taeyeon, who just both smiled at their friends’ liveliness.

 

“Uhm… guys, you go ahead. I still feel dizzy from the roller coaster ride so… I’ll just wait here.” Tiffany said as she glanced at Taeyeon, hoping Taeyeon would not go with them but stay with her instead.

 

“Oh, okay~ How about you Taeng?” Yuri asked with a sly smile on his face as he knows that Taeyeon will stay with his cousin instead of joining them to the thrilling ride.

 

“I’m… actually hungry so… I’ll just stay here with Fany and grab some snacks.” Taeyeon awkwardly smiled at them.

 

Tiffany smiled upon hearing Taeyeon’s answer while Yuri, Jessica, Sooyoung, and Sunny smirked at their friends. Taecyeon was about to say that he’ll join Tiffany and Taeyeon instead but was hastily dragged by Sooyoung and the two were soon left alone.

 

“So… what do you want to eat?” Tiffany asked Taeyeon as soon as their friends were already out of their sight.

 

Taeyeon stared at her and smiled as he grabbed Tiffany’s hand, surprising the girl a bit as she gazed to their linked hands.

 

“I’m not really hungry…” Taeyeon softly said, catching the girl’s attention as she quickly tilts her head up and saw the guy staring at her with a warm smile on his face.

 

Taeyeon quickly looked away and started walkin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter