The Butterfly And The Lucky Flower

My Boss’s Son Is My Housemate?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 5. The Butterfly And The Lucky Flower

 

Tiffany wakes up by the continuous ring of the phone. Without opening her eyes, she reached out to her nightstand and sleepily answered the device.

 

“Hello?” her soft yet husky voice surprised the person on the other line.

“H-hi? Good morning… Who’s this?” the woman on the other line hesitantly asked, totally confused and surprised.

“Tiffany…” Tiffany, who’s now slightly awake, pulls the phone away from her ear to check who’s calling her. But all her sleepiness vanished in an instant. She gasps and her eyes widen as she sits up straight at her bed, realizing it wasn’t her phone but Taeyeon’s.

“Hello? Tiffany?”

“Y-yes?” she stuttered as she placed the phone back to her ear and bit her lower lip. She blinks several times as she scans the room where she’s in.

“I’m sorry… I have probably disturbed your sleep. By the way, is Taeng with you?” the woman sounds apologetic yet Tiffany can hear soft giggles on the other line.

“N-no… y-yes? He’s… still sleeping…” Tiffany stammered as she glanced over the room and trails off when she saw the guy sleeping soundly on the couch.

 

Realizing she’s totally not in her own room and she’s in fact sleeping on Taeyeon’s bed made her blush. She can’t remember how in the world she ended up in waking up in Taeyeon’s room.

 

They were supposed to do a movie marathon last night. However, Tiffany had fallen asleep in the middle of the second movie they’re watching. They had switched position before playing the second movie, Tiffany being the one who’s comfortably lying on the couch with her head on Taeyeon’s lap. Taeyeon didn’t notice that the girl is already sleeping since Tiffany is lying on her side, not until the third quarter of the second movie when Tiffany slightly shivered because of the cold temperature in the room.

 

Taeyeon had decided to just carry Tiffany to his room, remembering he’s not allowed to enter the girl’s room and Tiffany might get sick if he’ll just let her sleep in the media room.

 

“Oh? Is that so? Well… I’ll just call him again later then. Tiffany, tell him that his mom called when he wakes up, okay? You both take care. Bye~” Taeyeon’s mom, who’s just using the hotel’s phone that’s why the number is unregistered to Taeyeon’s phone, ended the call while she chuckled hearing the obviously surprised gasp from the young girl.

 

Tiffany’s eyes widen again. She stared at the phone in disbelief as she blinks several times, trying to absorb that she just had a conversation with Taeyeon’s mom – in an unexpected time, place, and most of all she’s pretty sure that the guy’s mom had misunderstood everything.

 

She slumped herself back on Taeyeon’s bed and grabbed a pillow to cover her face as she screamed her lungs out.

 

‘Pabo Tiffany! Aigoo~~~’

 

After a few moments, Tiffany sighed loudly as she sat up again on the bed, placing Taeyeon’s phone back on the nightstand. Her eyes caught again the cute sight of Taeyeon sleeping on the couch across the bed. She slowly walked towards the sleeping guy and crouched.

 

She carefully watches Taeyeon as his soft breathing indicates that he is still peacefully sleeping. Tiffany lovingly stares at the guy, gently his hair as she leans closer admiring Taeyeon’s innocent baby face.

 

‘You are making me confuse, you know that?’

 

She sighs.

 

Never in her life had she felt confused with her feelings towards a male friend, or any other person in any case. Sure, she had a few boyfriends back then but she never felt anything special towards them. Just a little physical attraction, slight admiration, and sometimes, just for fun, and that’s it. She didn’t even let any of them advance to the second base.

 

After a few minutes of staring at Taeyeon, she lets out another sigh and leans closer to give a soft peck on Taeyeon’s forehead. A smile escapes on her lips as she caressed the spot she had kissed.

 

‘I shouldn’t fall for you, should I?’

 

==================================================================================================================    

Tiffany already had taken a warm shower and was a bit surprised that Taeyeon is still nowhere to be found in the kitchen. Thinking that the guy is still asleep, she decided to prepare their breakfast, brunch to be more exact, for today.

 

For the past few weeks, her cooking skills improved a bit with the help of Taeyeon. Though she makes few mistakes every now and then, Taeyeon still agreed to let her cook at least once or twice a week by herself.

 

And for today, she’s going to make the first recipe she had mastered – Ham egg bake and Caramel French toast

 

Putting the apron on, she starts to prepare the ingredients down on the kitchen counter.

 

Once everything she needed is ready, she started to place everything in the bowl, mixed it together, poured it into the baking dish, and then placed it in the oven.

 

While she’s baking the egg bake, she began to cook the caramel mixture for the Caramel French Toast.

 

“Good morning~~” Taeyeon suddenly wrapped his arms around Tiffany’s waist from behind, and kissed the girl on the cheek. Tiffany was startled by the sudden back hug and kiss but was replaced immediately by a beautiful eyesmile when she realized it was Taeyeon.

 

“Good morning, sleepyhead!” she chuckled as she focused back on cooking the mixture. Taeyeon pouted as he comfortably rested his chin on Tiffany’s shoulder and stared at the syrup she’s making.

 

“Taetae~ let go… I’m cooking~” Tiffany whined as she playfully slapped Taeyeon’s hands that’s comfortably resting on her well-toned tummy.

 

“Fine~ but you have to give me my morning kiss first…” he cutely smiled as he gestured to his cheek. Tiffany shifts her body a little so she could look at Taeyeon, whose face is too close to hers.

 

“I’ve already kissed you this morning…” Tiffany thought out loud. Her eyes widen and quickly rephrased her statement.

“I mean, you’ve already kissed me earlier…” she turned her attention back on the mixture, blushing a little.

 

“But… Fany-ah~~ that’s different! I kissed you. You should ret---“ Taeyeon whined but was cut off when Tiffany suddenly kissed him on his cheek.

 

“There. So now, be a good boy and help me prepare our breakfast.” Tiffany tapped his nose and gestured on the oven to check the egg bake.

 

“Yes mom!” he dorkily grinned and childishly skipped his way to the oven.

 

‘Definitely a dork.’

 

==================================================================================================================  

“Taetae?”

“Hmm?”

“Uhm… why was I in your room?”

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany are now sitting across each other, leisurely eating the brunch that Tiffany has prepared.

 

“Ehh?? You’ve fallen asleep last night so… well… err… remember I’m not allowed to enter your room? So yeah… I just carried you in my room instead.”

“You carried me to your room?”

“Do you remember walking into my room?”

“No?”

“That’s what I thought.” Taeyeon nodded as he took a bite on his French toast.

 

“Yah! Guess you’re hanging out too much with Jess.” The girl across him muttered, stuffing a spoon of egg bake to .

“Blame your best friend for that.” They both chuckled and Tiffany nodded in agreement.

 

“By the way, your mom called…” Tiffany hesitantly voiced out as she bit her lip nervously.

“Mom?” Taeyeon tilts his head and confusedly stares at her.

“Your phone keeps on ringing and wakes me up. I thought it was mine so I answered it without looking at it and… was surprised when I realized it wasn’t mine… I… she… I told her you’re still sleeping so…” she awkwardly drinks her orange juice. She heard Taeyeon chuckling, so she bizarrely stared at him as she placed the glass down on the table.

 

“What’s funny?” she asked, raising an eyebrow at the giggling guy across her.

“You.”

“Me?”

“Yep! Why were you nervous?”

“Why wouldn’t I? Geez, I just spoke to your mom! She called her son in the morning because she probably misses him, but what did she get? A girl, who obviously just woken up and she never once knew, answered his son’s phone, blankly introduced myself when she asked me who I am, and told her that her son is still sleeping when she asked me if you’re with me.” Tiffany sighs as she remembers the awkward and unexpected conversation she had with Taeyeon’s mom over the phone.

 

“So?” Taeyeon enquired and Tiffany stared at him incredulously.

 

“Yah! Your mom would have probably thought we slept together!” Tiffany throws a napkin on the guy who can’t help but to be amused by her.

 

“Fany-ah… I’m pretty sure you made her day.” He said as he stood up and started to clear the table.

“What?” Tiffany stood up as well to help the guy in placing the plates on the sink, not understanding what Taeyeon means.

 

“Aigoo~ just… don’t worry about it, okay? I’ll talk to her later and explain why we slept together. Now, just leave this to me. You cooked our breakfast today so I’ll be the one to clean up, alright?” Taeyeon boldly said.

 

“Oka--- yah! We didn’t sleep together! Aigoo~ Watch your words!” Tiffany smacked his arm and walked out of the kitchen, with a slight blush on her face.

 

“Aish! That girl!” Taeyeon hissed as he watched his housemate hastily marched out of the kitchen.

 

==================================================================================================================  

Taeyeon and Tiffany are now both preparing in their own rooms for their ‘friendly date’ since today’s Saturday and both of them have no work. Like what Taeyeon had promised to her, he’s taking Tiffany out to the amusement park, and be hers all day.

 

However, Tiffany unexpectedly received a call from the editor-in-chief, saying that the company Director has arrived from New York and wanted to have a late lunch with the team if possible. Though Tiffany wants to reject it, she doesn’t have a choice since all her other colleagues are already in the venue. Besides, it will be rude if she’ll say no, especially when she was told that it is the Director who gave her the position in the magazine.

 

“Taetae?” she knocks on Taeyeon’s room and smiled sadly when the guy opened the door.

“Yes? Err… why are you dressed like that?” he asked, pointing his index finger at Tiffany from head to toe.

 

Since they’re going to the amusement park, Taeyeon was confused as to why Tiffany is wearing a fuchsia/black leopard print belted silk dress matched with black heels and a sleek leather box clutch.

 

“Taetae… I’m sorry… the company Director just arrived and she wanted us to have a late lunch with her… I’m sorry…” Tiffany held Taeyeon’s hand as she stared directly at his eyes. She bit her lower lip when Taeyeon sighed and looked away from her.

 

“I don’t have a choice, do I?” he stares back at Tiffany and pouts.

 

“Aigoo~ your pout won’t work this time… Taetae… I promise I’ll make it up to you, okay? How about tomorrow?” she cupped Taeyeon’s face and gave him a smile, trying to make the guy feel better.

 

“I can’t… you know I have to choreograph a musical tomorrow… but don’t worry, I understand. Besides it will be disrespectful if you’ll reject the lunch with your boss just to go to an amusement park with me.” Taeyeon warmly smiled at her and held Tiffany’s hands that are still on his face.

 

“Come on! You don’t want to let your boss wait, do you? I’ll drive you to the venue~” he beamed another smile at Tiffany and the latter gladly returned it with her signature eyesmile.

 

The two walked hand in hand towards the car park, both oblivious to the fact that Tiffany is actually set to meet the woman she had just spoken earlier this morning over the phone – who happens to be Taeyeon’s mom and the Director of the publishing company who established CeCi magazine that she’s working for.

 

==================================================================================================================  

“This is Tiffany Hwang, the newest addition to the team from L.A. She’s our Art Director.” Mr. Park, the editor-in-chief, introduces Tiffany to the publishing company’s Director. The director smiled at her, and Mr. Park continued introducing Tiffany.

 

“She’s in charge of this month’s issue and it went really well. Tiffany, this is Director Kim.” He nudged Tiffany to greet the Director and she naturally did.

 

“Good afternoon Director Kim, it’s my pleasure to meet you.” Tiffany politely greets her with an eyesmile and bows in respect.

 

“It’s great to finally meet you Tiffany.” Director Kim warmly smiles at her and motherly holds her hand as she pats it.

 

The other magazine staff stared at them, bewildered. Tiffany was also surprised at the gentle gesture of the Director towards her, especially since it’s only the first time they’ve met.

 

Actually, the Director already likes her even before she was introduced to her by one of her subordinates back in the U.S. She admires Tiffany’s photographs and has always been present whenever Tiffany will hold an exhibit when the director has business trips in L.A. And when one of her favorite editors mentioned about Tiffany, she didn’t think twice and appointed her as the Art Director of her favorite magazine line but she didn’t let anyone know that she, herself is the one who gave the younger girl the position.

 

“Err… you know each other?” Mr. Park hesitantly asked, looking back and forth at the younger and the older women. Tiffany was about to say something but the director immediately answered her editor-in-chief and friend.

 

“Ah…  You know I’m fond of photography, right? I must say I’m a fan of hers, and it’s really a pleasure to have her in the company.” The older woman chuckled as she gestured the two to sit down.

 

“T-thank you Director Kim, thanks for appreciating my works. I’ll work hard for the magazine.” Tiffany bows a few times before sitting down on the table. She always feels warm when someone appreciates her photographs, and having the company Director’s appreciation makes her more determined to do her best as the magazine’s Art Director, not wanting to disappoint the older woman as without her, she wouldn’t have the position.

 

==================================================================================================================  

Meanwhile, Taeyeon is just wandering around the mall near the restaurant where she drops Tiffany off. Since he drove Tiffany to the venue, he decided to just wait for the girl as he doesn’t want Tiffany to go home alone and take a public transport. Besides, he has nothing to do at home.

 

A familiar jewely store caught his attention and being as bored as he is, he enterred it without any intention of buying one. The female staff greeted him cheerfully and he flashed them his genuine smile, earning stifled squeals from the girls.

 

His eyes caught something and stared at in awe.

 

It’s a rose gold bracelet in the form of a bangle, studded with 6 diamonds in rotation with the screw-motif.

 

“Wow~ it’s beautiful~~ I bet Fany will like it!” He exclaimed as he dorkily grinned at the jewelry and his eyes sparkle as the thought of giving it to Tiffany. Soft giggles can be heard from the other people inside the store and he sheepishly bows at them to apologize for his action.

 

“I’m sure she will. This is a signature Cartier piece. We call it the Love Bracelet. Unlike any traditional bracelets, this can only be opened with a special screwdriver. Here, take a look…” The store manager showed Taeyeon the locking mechanism of the special bracelet.

 

“Cool~~~” Taeyeon can only slowly nod as he is charmed by the jewelry. Being amused by the guy’s reaction, the manager smiled at him and continued her sales talk.

 

“We can also make the screwdriver in the form of a necklace…”

 

“Really???” Taeyeon asked like a five-year old kid, unconsciously showing off some aegyo.

 

“Yes! It allows the bracelet to be locked onto one person while the key is kept around the neck of another to symbolize their eternal love… I’m sure your girlfriend will like it.”

 

“Eh? Oh! Errr… I don’t have a girlfriend… but… I’ll get one!” the dorky guy tilts his head when the manager has mistaken him that he’s eyeing it for his girlfriend.

 

“Oh… okay… I thought you mentioned a girl’s name earlier?” the woman stared at him, confused as she is sure that the guy mentioned someone’s name earlier.

 

“Oh! Yeah, she’s my friend. Actually I’m giving it to her!” Taeyeon grinned as he leans forward and pokes the bracelet.

 

“I see… she must be really special to you… so which one? You want the traditional key or the key necklace?”

 

‘She really is special to me.’

 

“The necklace please… Oh! Do you have those in pink diamonds? She loves pink and she’ll really be happier if those stones in that bracelet are in pink.” Taeyeon inquired, really hoping that the store manager will say yes.

 

“Yes, we do! But, the cost will be a little higher since you know how rare pink diamonds are… and we only have limited edition of these with pink diamonds.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter