Just A Little Upset?

My Boss’s Son Is My Housemate?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 4. Just A Little Upset?

 

“Tiffany!~”

“Yah! Nicole Jung, keep your voice down!”

“Ooops! Sorry!”

 

Nicole, Tiffany’s assistant, sheepishly grinned at her boss as she bowed to apologize to the other people in the room. Tiffany just chuckled at her dorky assistant as she continued checking the portfolio that she’s been working on for the past few days.

 

It has been a very busy week for Tiffany, especially since the editor-in-chief’s senior assistant has been giving her nothing but discouragements and has been prying into her personal life.

 

Tiffany, being the newest addition to the team, actually has a good relationship with her colleagues but for one particular person – Park Gyuri, the editor-in-chief’s senior assistant. At first, Gyuri was so fond of Tiffany as she appreciates the girl’s creativity and of course, Tiffany’s fashion sense and her acquaintance with Taeyeon.

 

However, the girl drastically changed her attitude towards Tiffany.

 

“There’s a veeery cute good-looking guy looking for you Tiff!!!~~” Nicole squealed getting all the attention of the people inside the office, again.

 

“Huh?” Tiffany asked her seemingly mesmerized friend. She closed the portfolio as she stood up from her sit and walked towards the door to see who her visitor is.

 

‘Must be Yul….’

 

“Fany Fany Tiffany!~~” Taeyeon beamed as he skipped in front of Tiffany out of nowhere, startling the girl.

 

“Y-yah! Are you trying to kill me?!” Tiffany clutches her chest to calm herself down as she smacks Taeyeon’s arm.

 

“Nooo! I’m trying to surprise you! And… I guess it works?” he chuckled earning a glare from Tiffany.

 

After that night when Taeyeon opens up to Tiffany, they became closer to each other. The two begin to spend increasingly more time together as their friendship grows like a flower each day.

 

“You!” Tiffany growled as she leans forward to Taeyeon, squinting her eyes at the latter.

 

Taeyeon gulped and attempted to step backwards but failed as Tiffany harshly pulled his ear making the guy yelp in pain.

 

“Ow ow ow ow!~~ S-s-sorry~~” he stammered as he tried to break free from Tiffany’s grasp, earning few snickerings from Tiffany’s colleagues who are amused by the interaction of the two.

 

“What?” she jeered and pulled Taeyeon’s ear harder.

 

“I said I’m sorry~~ Fany-ah~~ it hurts~~” Taeyeon whined, receiving some squeals from the girls in the office but he couldn’t care less.

 

“Serves you right.” Tiffany muttered and finally released the poor guy’s ear, making Taeyeon pout as he rubs his now red ear.

 

The two, who seems to be oblivious of their surroundings, were startled when Gyuri suddenly spoke from behind Tiffany.

 

“Hi Taeyeon! What are you doing here?” Gyuri happily greets Taeyeon and stands beside her Art Director.

 

Hearing a familiar voice, Taeyeon stops pouting as he tilts his head up and sees Gyuri standing beside Tiffany, smiling at him. While Tiffany rolls her eyes and scowls at the presence of her ‘friend’.

 

“Oh! Hi there Gyuri! Well… I’m here to take Tiffany out for lunch!” Taeyeon smiled at her. Gyuri’s face fell upon hearing what the guy had said and Tiffany silently smirked at the other girl. Although she’s surprised with Taeyeon’s reason of his sudden appearance in her office, she felt as if she had won a point over her.

 

Not that Tiffany wants a competition but the girl is really getting on her nerves day by day. Besides, it’s not a taboo game for Tiffany to know that Gyuri likes Taeyeon, and her closeness to the guy is actually the reason why Gyuri has changed towards her.

 

“I’m sorry Taeyeon, but I think Tiffany can’t go with you since she has lots of work to finish today. If you want, I can go with you instead. Besides, it’s been a while since we had lunch together. Right, Tiff?” Gyuri slyly smiled at Tiffany, making the latter to just roll her eyes.

 

“Fany-ah~ is that true?” Taeyeon pouts and stared at Tiffany. He feels a bit disappointed since it’s been a while since he had lunch with his friend and really wanted to take the girl out for a breather for he knows how busy and stressed out Tiffany is the past week.

 

“It’s true… but work can wait!” Tiffany beams her eyesmile and Taeyeon’s mood instantly brightens up.

 

“Jinjja?!” he happily exclaimed and Tiffany nods at him, making Gyuri huffed in annoyance.

 

“I’ll just get my purse f---“

“Here!~” Nicole cuts her off as she shoves Tiffany’s purse in her boss’ face.

“Thanks Nic!” Tiffany chuckled at her bubbly assistant and was returned by a satisfied smile by the latter.

 

“Let’s go!~” Taeyeon beams with aegyo as he grabs Tiffany’s hand. The girl just laughs at the dork, who’s pulling her excitedly out of the room, and playfully hits his arm to let her go.

 

“W-wait!” Taeyeon and Tiffany stopped in their tracks and turned around. They see Gyuri following behind as Tiffany silently scowls when she sees a smirk on her colleague’s face.

 

“What?” Tiffany coldy asked.

 

“I’ll go with you!~” Gyuri cheerfully exclaims and links arms with Taeyeon, totally ignoring Tiffany’s deathly glare at her.

 

“S-sure. Let’s go then.” Taeyeon smiled at her and headed towards the elevator, with Tiffany on his left, and Gyuri clinging on his right arm.

 

=================================================================================================================

 

“Fany-ah~”

 

“Fany?”

 

“Yah! Tiffany!~~”

 

“WHAT?!” Tiffany stopped walking and glared at Taeyeon and the guy flinched at the sudden coldness of his housemate.

 

They’re on their way back to Tiffany’s office. She has been ignoring Taeyeon since they were left alone in the restaurant. Gyuri had to leave earlier as she received an urgent call from her boss, much to her frustration.

 

“Whoa~ what’s wrong?” Taeyeon asked as he stared at Tiffany. The girl groaned and looked away, crossing her arms over her chest.

 

During their lunch, Tifany gets visibly upset at how close Gyuri is to Taeyeon. Adding up to her disappointment, Taeyeon seems to be happy with Gyuri’s company. Strange as it is, she felt like a third wheel though she’s the one who was invited for lunch.

 

“Fany-ah~ Did I do something wrong?” Taeyeon reached up to her and pulls both Tiffany’s hands down as he held them both.

 

Tiffany sighs and looks down at their hands. Taeyeon squeezed her hands and she felt secured and relaxed in a second.

 

‘Why am I feeling like this?’

 

“Tae… I’m sorry… I’m just… tired…” Tiffany stared back at Taeyeon and gave him a weak smile.

 

“Aigoo~ you make me worried, you know that?” he chuckled, releasing his grasp on Tiffany’s hands and ruffles the girl’s hair.

 

“Yah!” Tiffany smacked his hand away and started to fix her hair.

 

“I thought you’re mad at me…” Taeyeon grabs Tiffany’s hands again as he pouts and absentmindedly stares on their hands.

 

Tiffany bits her lower lip hard to prevent her from squealing like a high school girl in front of the guy who’s oblivious on how cute he is with his act right now.

 

“You’re sooo cute Taetae!~~” Tiffany can’t help it. She gives Taeyeon her beautiful eyesmile and accidentally blurts out a new nickname for the guy.

 

“Taetae?” Taeyeon looks at her, tilting his head on the side as he raise an eyebrow at the smiling girl.

 

Tiffany happily nodded and pulled her hands away from Taeyeon’s grasp. She grinned as Taeyeon confusedly stared at her.

 

“I’ll call you Taetae from now on~~” she beamed another eyesmile as she cupped the confused guy’s face with both her hands.

 

Taeyeon opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted when someone cleared . They both snapped their heads to where the voice came from, still with Tiffany’s hands on Taeyeon’s cheeks.

 

“Err… sorry to interrupt your moment Tiff, but Mr. Park wants to see you in his office.” Nicole sheepishly smiled at the two and gestured to the editor-in-chief’s office.

“Oh… okay, I’ll be there in a moment. Thanks Nic!” Tiffany nodded. Nicole warmly smiled at what she thought is a couple in front of her before leaving the two alone in the hallway.

 

“Well… I gotta go Taetae… thanks for the lunch!” Tiffany pulls Taeyeon’s face and kisses him on the cheek before walking towards the editor-in-chief’s office.

 

Taeyeon was stunned for a few moments. He blinked several times as he stared at Tiffany’s back who’s already a few feet away from him. Grasping what had just happened a moment ago, he blushed and traced where Tiffany had kissed him. A smile slowly forms on his face, and blankly stares at the door where Tiffany has entered.

 

He snapped back to his senses when his phone vibrated, indicating a new message. He dorkily grinned as he read the text message:

 

From: Fany~ ^^

Btw, I’m not mad at you Taetae… just a little upset? You seem to have more fun with Gyuri’s company than me… *pouts*

 

He walked towards the elevator as he texted Tiffany back. He sighed in contentment as he put his phone back to his pocket and happily entered the elevator, completely not noticing Gyuri’s presence from a distance who had seen everything as tears threatening to fall down on her face.

 

=================================================================================================================

 

Meanwhile, Tiffany stares at her phone with an eyesmile plastered on her face.

 

From: Taetae •❤•

I’m sorry Fany-ah~ I didn’t mean it… I’m just being civil with her. You know I’m always happy when I’m with you~~ I’ll make it up to you, okay? I’m all yours tomorrow! ^_~

 

“Someone’s having a date with her boyfriend tomorrow~~” Nicole poked Tiffany on her cheek as she read the message on Tiffany’s phone over the girl’s shoulder.

 

“Ye--- wait, WHAT?! N-no! He’s not my boyfriend!” Tiffany defended as she quickly locked her phone and focused her attention to the new portfolio that was given to her by the editor-in-chief a few moments ago.

 

Nicole was amused by her friend’s reaction and smirked when she thought of something. Tiffany raised an eyebrow at her when the latter leans closer to her.

 

“So… since you say that he’s not your boyfriend… then… is it okay if I hit on him? He’s pretty hot and I guess he’s a good kisser…” Nicole wiggles her eyebrows as she teases Tiffany.

 

“WHAT?!” Tiffany shrieked, earning the attention of her colleagues as Nicole broke into laughter. Tiffany awkwardly smiled at her associates and bowed her head repeatedly to apologize.

 

“Geez! I was just kidding Tiff! I won’t snatch him from you… though he’s really cute, unexpectedly hot and---“ Nicole managed to speak as she calmed down but was cut off by her boss.

 

“Yah! Go back to work, Ms. Jung!” Tiffany pushed her assistant’s chair with Nicole on it, making the latter to laugh more.

 

“In denial huh…” Nicole mumbles as she continued giggling while glancing at Tiffany who now has a pink tinge in the face from blushing.

 

=================================================================================================================

 

“How was your date with Tiff?” Yuri asked the new part-time lecturer who had just entered the faculty room with a smile plastered on his face.

 

Taeyeon went back to CAU after having lunch with Tiffany and Gyuri. Since he’s just a part-time lecturer, his schedule is not as packed as Yuri and Sooyoung’s, not that his two friends has full schedule but he has lesser units than the two. In fact, he’s only teaching one subject in two classes while Yuri and Sooyoung both have three classes.

 

“Date? You mean lunch? It was good! But… she’s kinda upset?” Taeyeon leans his lower back on Yuri’s desk and picks up a random book.

 

“Lunch? Date? L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter