Closer

My Boss’s Son Is My Housemate?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 3. Closer

 

“Good morning…” Tiffany soflty greets Taeyeon as she made her way to the kitchen bar.

“Oh? Oh! You’re early… good morning Tiffany!” Taeyeon beams a smile as he gently sets the food on the dining table.

“Whoa~ that’s a… lot…” Tiffany trails off when she sees the breakfast Taeyeon prepares.

 

Unlike yesterday, Taeyeon prepared a traditional Korean breakfast for both of them.

 

The time they both spent at the Lotte Mart yesterday made Tiffany to be comfortable with Taeyeon. They had a few short conversations together but enough for Taeyeon to know that today’s Tiffany’s first day as an Art Director in a fashion magazine. As for Tiffany, she learns that Taeyeon is a former Broadway performer but moved to Seoul to become a part-time lecturer in Chung-Ang University, along with Yuri and Sooyoung.

 

“You can just say thank you~~” he warmly smiles at Tiffany as he motions the girl to sit on the dining table.

“Thank you Tae…yeon~~ but you don’t have to prepare this much or at least you should have wa---“ Tiffany blurted out but was cut off by Taeyeon who pulled her and made her sit on the chair across him.

Taeyeon prepared Galbi (Grilled Short Ribs), Spicy Seafood Salad, Kongnamul Bab (Bean Sprout Rice), Spicy Stewed Fish, Oi Naengguk (Cold Cucumber Soup), Seasoned Kelp, and Radish Strip Kimchi.

Tiffany stared at the food in awe. The last time she ate a full Korean breakfast was when she was in Senior High. She then glances at Taeyeon who’s grnning widely at her and gesturing her to try his chef-d'oeuvre.

 

They say ‘first tastes are exactly that, tastes’ so just like a baby undergoing a changeover-to-solid food, Tiffany starts to gradually taste the meal presented to her. After a few moments, she looks at Taeyeon who’s waiting anxiously for her reaction. Seeing a vague uneasiness expression on the guy’s face, Tiffany decided to tease Taeyeon as she frowns and puts her chopsticks down.

 

Taeyeon’s face fell as he hung his head low after seeing the girl’s reaction. It took him almost half an hour to decide whether he would make Korean or American breakfast for the girl.

‘I should’ve stick to American breakfast…’

“Arrasso. I’ll make you a---“ Taeyeon stops midway of his sentence when Tiffany shoved a piece of meat to his face. He raised an eyebrow at the girl who has an unreadable smile plastered on her face.

Taeyeon opens his mouth to say something but the girl shoves the food into his mouth. Having no choice, he slowly chews the piece of meat that’s slowly melting in his mouth.

‘It doesn’t taste that bad… I wonder why she doesn’t li---‘

“Jessica’s right. You’re… I mean, it’s good.” Tiffany cuts off Taeyeon’s thoughts. She gave him a warm smile before continuing her breakfast, mentally adding points to her housemate.

It took a few moments before Taeyeon comprehended what she meant. But being a cautious guy as he is, he still asks the girl for a confirmation.

“You like it?” He asked, earning a quick glance and a nod from the girl. Taeyeon smiled in relief and started to happily eat his breakfast as well, completely missing the sweet smile from Tiffany.

 

=================================================================================================================

 

Taeyeon was left alone in the apartment. He offers Tiffany to drive her to her office but the latter politely declines. She also told Taeyeon that he doesn’t need to do what Jessica had asked him before and they’ve come up to an agreement to stay and act like normal housemates.

Having nothing to do, he decided to watch a movie to kill time. Taeyeon walks towards the dedicated media room and once inside, he can’t help but be awed by the graphics on the wall. He gawks at the photos like a boy who sees limited version of Transformers robot collections on display. After a few moments, his eyes caught five black high-end cabinets of different sizes. His fingers traces the aluminum knob plated with chrome as he eyes the cameras and lens inside.

 

“Ah~ so these are her treasured cameras … cool!” he exclaimed in amazement.

 

Remembering Tiffany’s words to him, he quickly retracted his hand from the cabinet’s knob. Besides, even if he was allowed to use even just the entry-level dslr camera her housemate has, he doesn’t know how to use one. Not that he’s technically challenged but he prefers simple things, a pocket-sized point and shoot camera is more than enough for him.

 

After a few moments of being awed by the equipments, he made his way to the couch and accidentally sat on the remote control. The huge HD television suddenly turns on, showing a photo gallery. Without any second thoughts, Taeyeon pushed OK on the clicker revealing stunning black and white photos on the huge screen.

 

Though Taeyeon doesn’t know much about photography, he has a great respect on photographers. For him, it has always been a wonder on how photographers make great photos.

 

Being absorbed flicking through the photos, the former stage performer totally forgotten why he’s in the media room in the first place. Browsing through the other folders in the gallery, a particular file catches his attention and opens it right away.

 

He chuckled as soon as he sees the first picture. It was a photo of Yuri while sleeping with his tongue sticking out. The next picture didn’t fail to crack him up either. It’s his aegyo queen friend, Sunny posing beside the sleeping Yuri as she imitates the Kkab Yul’s sleeping habit.

Looking through the other photos, Taeyeon is amused by his friends’ dorkiness. Almost all the pictures are taken during his friends’ senior high days and judging by how the pictures were taken, he knows that Tiffany’s the one behind it, besides he rarely sees a photo with Tiffany on it.

 

~♪♫~ Mary take me to the merry-go-round...with this beautiful sound, sing my song for you ~♪♫~

 

“Hello?” Taeyeon’s quality time was disturbed by a sudden phone call from his loving friend.

“Taengoo~~~” his friend, Sunny, greets him in a high-pitched, excited tone.

“What can I do for you Soonkyu-ah?” he cooed as he switched off the television.

“Get ready~~ Jess and I will pick you up in 15.” Sunny ended the call before the confused guy could answer or ask any further questions.

 

“O…kay? Well, there’s nothing much to do here anyways.” He briskly sat up from the comforting couch and headed to his bedroom to get dressed as he doesn’t want to make the two girls wait for him.

 

Not long after, he received a text message from Jessica asking him to wait for them in front of his apartment building.

 

“I wonder what they’re up to…” he mumbled as he makes his way inside the private elevator.

 

Taeyeon didn’t wait too long as Jessica’s convertible car stopped in front of him, with a grinning Sunny on the passenger’s seat.

 

“Would you mind driving for us, handsome?” Jessica playfully asks him as she gets out of the driver’s seat.

“Who would dare to decline a pretty lady like you? Anything for you, my queen!” Taeyeon bowed playfully like a trusted knight to his beautiful queen.

Not long after, the three broke into laughters with their amusing behavior, earning weird looks and smiles from the other people near them.

 

=================================================================================================================

 

After a few hours of wandering around the huge mall, Taeyeon sits down on the cozy chair as he drops all the shopping bags on the floor. Unfortunately, the young, handsome, and charming knight became a personal shopping assistant but still proves his charms as most girls that they walked past, if not all, squealed with delight everytime he flashes them a smile. But the unfortunate girls had to quickly shut their mouth up as they received deathly glares from Jessica and Sunny.

 

“Taengoo~ are you tired?” Sunny asked the obviously drained guy as she sat down across him.

 

The trio is now inside a restaurant in Lotte Mall to have their lunch and Taeyeon silently cursed Yuri and Sooyoung for allowing their girlfriends to have a ‘date’ with him.

 

“Heol! Don’t tell me you are not tired?” he asked in disbelief as he rested his head on the table.

 

The two girls chuckled at their friend but also felt a little guilty for letting him carry all their shopping bags. Taeyeon can’t blame them either since he’s the one who insisted on carrying those bags for them.

 

=================================================================================================================

 

“Oh, isn’t it Tiff?”

“Huh? Where?”

 

Jessica and Taeyeon followed Sunny’s gaze and found Tiffany with some colleagues entering the restaurant.

 

“Hey, Tiff!” Jessica waved at her best friend.

 

Hearing a familiar voice, Tiffany turns her head and found Jessica, Sunny, and Taeyeon smiling at her from a table near the restaurant’s glass window. She excused herself from her colleagues and went to greet her friends and her housemate.

 

“What are you guys doing here?”

“We’re on a date with Taeng!” the two happily answered in chorus.

“Oh… that’s… nice…” Tiffany blankly answered as she glanced at Taeyeon, who awkwardly smiled at her.

“Err… Want to join us? We’re just about to place our orders…” Taeyeon asks her but Tiffany shakes her head, declining the guy’s offer.

“I’d love to but I came here with my colleagues… maybe next time?” she answered as she gave her housemate an apologetic smile.

“Don’t worry, we understand.” Taeyeon warmly smiled at her, making the two other girls across him silently squealed with delight at the interaction of the two housemates.

 

Understanding their friend, they let Tiffany go back to her colleagues but didn’t forget to .

 

“Don’t worry, we’ll return your boyfriend to you later! Safe and sound.” Jessica winked at her.

 

Tiffany glared at Jessica but the latter, along with Sunny, just giggled at her. Knowing her friends, she just rolled her eyes and walked towards where her colleagues are sitting which is just a few tables away from the trio.

 

Taeyeon, on the other hand, managed to be composed as he knows that Jessica’s just teasing his housemate. Besides, he’s already used to the girls’ frolics.

 

“Aigoo~ someone’s jealous~~” Sunny beamed at Taeyeon.

“Huh?” Taeyeon raised an eyebrow at her and tilted his head on the side, completely not undestanding what Sunny means.

“You better make a good dinner tonight Taeng. Your girlfriend seems jealous!” Jessica added before giggling along with Sunny.

 

Taeyeon looks back and forth at the two girls a few times before realizing what they meant. Deciding to play along with them, he smirked and cockil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter