I'm Sorry, I Love You

My Boss’s Son Is My Housemate?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 19. I'm Sorry, I Love You

 

Morning has come and the group’s last day in Jeju Island has come. There’s no plan for the day but to relax and enjoy their last day of vacation in any way they want. It was supposed to be like that but after what happened last night, they all woke up with heavy hearts. Sooyoung, Sunny, Yuri, and Nicole have head aches caused by the backstabber alcoholic drinks they had, Jessica is worried with Taeyeon and Tiffany, and Hyoyeon is preparing for her unplanned ‘date’ with her brother’s girlfriend.

 

Hyoyeon was the first one to wake up and she was surprised to see Taecyeon and Taeyeon preparing to leave early in the morning. The two boys told her that they’ll go for a dive and Taecyeon furtively informed the older girl that Taeyeon needs to cool himself down because of the incident last night. He also apologized to the older girl for letting alcohol get into them. Though Taecyeon didn’t tell her everything since the guy is also drunk last night, Hyoyeon understood what happened because Jessica told her everything when they met in the garden to have some breakfast after the two boys left.

 

It was already late in the morning when Taeyeon’s princess woke up. She automatically snuggled close to her pillow, thinking it was Taeyeon but her eyes fluttered open when she realized she’s just hugging a real pillow and not her boyfriend. Her eyes wandered around the room to hopefully see the smiling face of Taeyeon but she was greeted by her boyfriend’s older sister instead.

 

“Good morning, Tiff. Get your bum out of the bed, we’ll have a date~~” Hyoyeon beamed her a bright smile and sat on the edge of the bed, trying to cheer up the miserable-looking girl.

 

“G-good morning, unnie… w-where’s Taeyeon?” Tiffany asked with a glimpse of sadness and disappointment in her voice as she sat up on the bed. The older girl just silently sighed and warmly smiled as she informed her that Taeyeon went for a dive with Taecyeon.

 

Tiffany hangs her head low and fidgets with her fingers. She wished that what happened last night was just a bad dream but waking up without Taeyeon next to her shows her that it wasn’t a dream. Unconsciously, tears fell down on her face and before she knew it, she was already embraced by Hyoyeon. She couldn’t help but cry in the older girl’s arms and somehow wished it was Taeyeon who’s hugging her and telling her to stop crying. They stayed in that position for a few minutes until Tiffany calmed down.

 

“Tiff, I’m sure Taeng won’t like to see you like this… come on, cheer up!”

“But… unnie… we… Tae and I…”

“Shhh… Jess told me what happened… don’t worry too much. Just seduce my brother later and I’m sure he’ll go back to his usual self.”

 

Tiffany’s eyes widen upon understanding what Hyoyeon meant, causing the older girl to burst out laughing at her reaction. Effectively, it lightens Tiffany’s mood a little and she blushed when Hyoyeon more, almost slipping the fact that they followed the couple at the small island yesterday.

 

Hyoyeon successfully convinced Tiffany to get up from the bed and fix herself. Soon, the younger girl found herself sitting on the passenger seat next to Hyoyeon as they drove around Jeju. She appreciates the older girl for her effort of making her feel better but her mind is completely occupied by her boyfriend. However, just like Taeyeon, Hyoyeon somehow brightens up her mood and helped her clear her mind.

 

It was already lunch time when they went back to their resort as they decided to have lunch with the others instead. Tiffany feels better but her mood suddenly drops and anger filled her eyes upon seeing the guy that she trusted, only to ruin it by kissing her on the lips in front of her boyfriend.

 

“I’ll wait for you inside…” Hyoyeon whispered to her before walking passed the guy standing in front of them, glaring at him in the process.

 

“Tiff, I----“ Before Dennis could say more than two words, Tiffany already slapped him hard on the face. He slowly held his cheek that was slapped by the fuming girl in front of him, shocked as he never expected it from her.

 

“Why?” Tiffany asked in the coldest tone Dennis has ever heard. She is mad, her face flushed, and anger is building through her body. Her piercing eyes are sending chills to the guy’s spine and he had to look away as he can’t take how Tiffany looked at him with hatred.

 

“I’m sorry… I was drunk and---“

 

“Drunk? Are you trying to fool me here? Or have you forgotten that you never get drunk?” she mocked and sarcastically chuckled as she continued staring at the guy that she used to respect and trust. She was trying to get a hold of herself because after all, he’s her friend. However, it irks her to hear the guy trying to blame everything on the alcohol.

 

“I’m sorry, Tiff… I… I know what I did is wrong but…”

“But what?! Cut the crap, oppa!”

 

Tiffany raised her voice and tears were forming in her eyes. Mixed emotions consumed her but she just wanted to clear and end the drama between her, Taeyeon, and Dennis as soon as possible. As much as she treasures her friendship with Dennis, she wouldn’t risk her relationship with Taeyeon just because of him. She wouldn’t mind if she had to choose between her friend and boyfriend. Besides, there’s no point of choosing since it is clear that it’s Taeyeon no matter what.

 

“I love you. I’ve been secretly loving you for years and the reason why I came here is because of you. I miss you… I wanted to confess to you but I hesitated after seeing how happy you are with Taeyeon. But… I think I’m going insane if I won’t tell you... that’s why I called and asked to meet up with you last night. And I just couldn’t take seeing you with him… Do you know how much I wanted to be in his place? You just met him months ago yet you’re head over heels for that guy. Why? Why can’t it be me, Tiff?”

 

Tiffany just stayed quiet as Dennis confessed what he truthfully feels about her. Her anger drops a little upon seeing the desperate look on his eyes. She felt sorry for him but her heart is already owned by Taeyeon and she can only give nothing more than friendship to him. Above all, she felt bad for not believing her own boyfriend in the first place regarding Dennis’ feelings and intention towards her.

 

“I’m sorry, oppa. But I only see you as a friend and an older brother. I can’t give you more than that and you know why… so please, forget about what you feel about me and… if you still value our friendship… don’t call or even see me again until you have completely forgotten your feelings for me.”

 

Tiffany walked passed him, leaving him frozen on his spot. He knows the girl hates him now and as much as he wanted to get her and make her his girl, he doesn’t have the guts to be selfish and let the girl he loves to be sad and suffer because of him. Seeing the sadness, hatred, and disappointment on Tiffany’s eyes caused his heart to break as much as seeing her happy with someone else.

 

Before Tiffany could walk any farther from him, he turned around and called her. Though Tiffany heard him, she didn’t stop walking while hanging her head low as tears were threatening to escape from her eyes, until she bumped into someone. She almost fell down because of the impact and her body is already weak from the emotional stress she’s going through, but she was lucky that the person caught her and prevented her from falling back.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

Tiffany’s heart almost leaps out of her chest upon hearing the very familiar voice that she missed. She looks up and her eyes brimmed with tears upon meeting the warm onyx eyes of her boyfriend. Taeyeon frowned upon seeing the tears in her eyes but before he could say or do anything, Tiffany had thrown herself at him as she tightly hugged the person that she has been wanting to see since she woke up earlier.

 

“W-why d-did you leave m-me?” Tiffany sobbed on his chest, lightly hitting him as she pressed her whole body against Taeyeon.

“Shhh… I’m sorry…. I’m here now, so please… stop crying…” Taeyeon hushed her while gently her back, kissing the top of Tiffany’s head as he embraced her.

 

Tiffany continued sobbing while snuggling so close to him as she’s afraid that Taeyeon would leave her. Taeyeon just warmly hugs her and let the girl cry her heart out, ignoring the snooping looks they’re getting from the other people passing by.

 

From a distant, Dennis could only stare and smile sadly at the couple. He didn’t plan to give her up just like that but after seeing Tiffany breaking down and how Taeyeon cared for her, he knows that he had no chance at all.

 

“Take care of her, Kim Taeyeon.”

 

==================================================================================================================

 

Tiffany slowly opened her eyes and groaned when her head ached. She closed her eyes again to get rid of the pain but her eyes fluttered open upon realizing she’s back on their room. She fell unconscious on Taeyeon’s arms as she was exhausted from crying and Taeyeon carried her to their room. She tried to get up to find Taeyeon, only to be pulled back by a pair of strong arms wrapped around her waist.

 

She carefully turned around and blinked a few times to make sure it was really Taeyeon who’s hugging her. Slowly, she held his calm, sleeping face and a smile spreads across her face but eventually drops when Taeyeon woke up and pulled away from her.

 

“Nuna reserved lunch for you, I’ll go and tell the staff to prepare it now.” said Taeyeon as he got up from the bed. He headed to the door without even glancing at his girlfriend but as soon as his hand grabbed the doorknob, Tiffany was already behind him and hugging him tightly. Taeyeon stopped in his tracks and sighed as he tried to free himself from the girl’s embrace. However, he stopped when he heard the girl crying again while burying her face on his back.

 

“Sorry… I’m sorry… I’m sorry, Taetae… Please… let’s talk about this…” Tiffany said while crying. Her voice tells how vulnerable and desperate she is, causing Taeyeon to turn around when the girl loosen her grip on him.

 

“And you promised me you’re not gonna see him alone…” Taeyeon calmly said as he doesn’t want to make the girl feel worse but he couldn’t help it.

 

“I know… and I regret it… Baby… I’m really sorry… I promise I---“

“No. Don’t make any promises you can’t keep.”

 

Tiffany flinched with Taeyeon’s sad voice and look in his eyes. She wanted to say something but nothing came out of , like the words were stuck on as Taeyeon turned around and disappeared behind the door. She just stood frozen on her spot, blankly staring at the door as her tears continue to run down on her face.

 

She only came back to her senses when the door opened again. She smiled, expecting that her boyfriend returned but it faded right away when she saw that it was just Jessica. Her best friend frowned upon seeing the dejected girl in front of her and immediately pulled her in her arms. She didn’t say a word and just guided Tiffany back to the bed as she continued hugging the crying girl.

 

Jessica felt bad for her best friend but she couldn’t blame either of the two, causing her to blame everything to Yuri for if it’s not because of his stupid dare to Dennis last night, Taeyeon and Tiffany won’t be in their wretched situation right now.  

 

“Tiff, stop crying… Taeng is already asking the staff to prepare your lunch…”

“I don’t w-want t-to eat… w-we need to t-talk, Jessi…”

 

Jessica silently sighed and patted the sobbing girl’s back. The girl hasn’t eaten anything yet since morning and not even Hyoyeon was able to convince her to eat while they were out earlier. She took out her phone and secretly messaged Taeyeon to just bring the food in the room since the girl wouldn’t budge from her position.

 

After about half an hour, Taeyeon came back with a female staff pushing the room service cart that contains the meals covered with lids, drinks, and everything they needed to have a great meal in the room. Being a gentleman, Taeyeon opened the door of their room for the staff, causing the girl to blush a little and smiled at him for the kind gesture. However, Tiffany sees it in a different way and her jealousy arises as she watches the staff stealing glances on her boyfriend while preparing the meals on the coffee table.

 

Then in a moment, Jessica and Taeyeon widened their eyes and gasped when Tiffany stood up from the bed and slapped the girl, who sweetly smiled at T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter