Prologue

Falling For You *Hiatus*

 

2 Years Ago

'Yeobosayo? Umma? What's wrong?'

'Mi Young-ah..It's your father...he's..' Your mom said on the other end of the phone with a worried tone

'Umma you can tell me, whats wrong?'

'Your father, he is diagnosed with cancer.' Your mom said while fading out at the end of the sentence

You dropped your phone with shock. You were shaking with fear.

A..appa has cancer?

Tears began to fill your eyes. You were at the mall shopping with your best friend Minna, when you got a sudden call from your mother.

You dropped to the ground seconds later after hearing those words.

'Mi Young? Are you okay?' Minna asked while shaking your shoulders

Tears were flowing everywhere causing your makeup to smudge all over your face. People around the mall turned to look at you wondering if you were ok. Minna grabbed your white iphone from the ground and answered it.

'Yeobosayo? Mrs. Park? Is everything ok!?' Minna asked

'Minna, Mi Young's father has cancer and it's too late to cure.' She answered with a shaky voice

Minna dropped her hand down to her sides. Her eyes buldging out.

Both of you rushed to the hospital where your father had his own room. There was an IV in his arm and he looked so sick and weak.

You dropped all your things and ran to your father holding his hands.

'Appa! Appa! I'm here now! I'm sorry I'm late!' You said while sobbing

For the next month he had to live, you spent almost every single day in the hospital with him, except one day.  On the last day of his existence the nurse took off his oxygen mask and he passed away.

But there was one problem. You didn't bother to show up that day. You went crazy on that day. Even though you were under age, at just 15 years old you were out clubbing and partying. Something you have never done before.

As a child, you were always good. You were home schooled and only hung out with the one friend you had. People all over Korea knew of your existence but had no idea what you looked like. There were no pictures of you whatsoever. There were only a hand full of people in Korea that knew your face. But in the United States you modeled there at a young age so people knew what you looked like.

There was a reason why your parents didn't want people to know what you looked like. It was so people couldn't hurt or take advantage of you because you were the daughter of a famous global company. Nobody was allowed to take pictures of you. It was only in New York you took pictures in but under a disguised name (middle name).

At times you grew tired and annoyed but you got to see peoples true face. They acted differently with an 'average girl' then a rich girl. 

Anyways..the last day of seeing your father alive was the day you didnt bother seeing him. Just knowing he was going to die affected your personality so much that even Minna thought you were a monster. There were days you came home drunk but luckily you never got caught and nobody knew who you were so it didnt ruin your reputation.

You knew you were changing from the sweet innocent child to the party hard girl but honestly you didnt care. It was then you and your mother lost your close relationship and your best frind didnt want to know you anymore.

You were put into rehab multiple of times but it never helped. But after your mother remarried to your step father, things changed. He was so strict he was even able to snap you back into reality.