Best Friends

Rebound Girl

"Yah, stay still won't you!" Yul carefully glided the eyeliner across his upper eyelid.

"How can I stay still when it feels as if you are poking my eyes out!" Sunggyu protested and flinched. After a bit Yul threw down her hands and sat on the ground.

"Yul?...." Sunggyu was surprised she suddenly stopped. He poked her on the arm. "Yah, I was only kidding? You were doing a great job?..Yul?"

"It's all because my model won't cooperate with me! What do I do?" She looked up at him and gave him an evil glare. He moved back slightly as he realised what she was about to do.

"Yah...you....you can't do that....I'm an idol...remember?" He started to stutter and slowly got up but took off completely once Yul stood up. She chased after him in her home and tackled him to the ground, pinching his nose and pulling his ears.

Yul sat down at the table with Sunggyu next to her. He was staring into space with a red nose and bright red ears.

"Aish, really..you shouldn't do that..I'm an idol! What do I do?" He examined his face with his hands, rubbing his nose.

"Whatever, you're only Gyu to me anyways. Let's go get ice cream? I'll treat?" She brightly smiled and got up. Sunggyu stared at her, amazed at her 360 degree attitude change. He got up and followed her, making sure to keep his distance.

The members had noticed that day as Sunggyu got home that he was beat up by Yul again.

"Woah, hyung....Yul-noona is really no joke..." Sungyeol said as he stared at Sunggyu's face. Sunggyu suddenly glared at him and he backed away with his hands raised.  Hoya came in and say Sunggyu's face.

"Oh my...." He said as he shook his head.

"Ah, I Know, I Know, stop teasing me!" Sunggyu said as he threw himself onto his mattress face down. He wasn't alway bullied, it was only when he was caught off guard.....which when he was with Yul it happened quite alot.

The next day was a music stage for the boys. They were getting ready when a familiar person arrived.

sg8VKyA4Yo.jpg (outfit)

"Ahnyeong!" Yul said brightly as she entered the room. The others waved back and her eyes landed on Sunggyu. He gave her a sarcastic smile and waved slightly but frowned right away after.

"I brought you guys some food today!" Yu Jin raised the bags she had in her hands and the boys started to surround her. Sunggyu didn't want to give in but when he smelled chicken, it was too hard to resist.

"Yah! Save some for me too!" He said as he tried to squeeze through the boys. Yul smiled as she handed him a chicken drumstick.

"Aigoo, our Gyu must be hungry?" Yul laughed as Sunggyu made a disgusted face.

"Okay, okay, okay, I'm sorry for yesterday, I shouldn't have attacked you and taken away your pride!" Yul said as she brought her hands together.

Sunggyu finally smiled and pinched her nose, hard.

"Owww! What was that for?!" Yul rubbed her nose and backed up.

"Okay, I'm happy now!" Sunggyu said as he and the others left for their performance. Yul watched Sunggyu as he left. She sighed deeply and cleaned up the mess the boys had left behind.

'If only he knew' she thought to herself.

She headed to work after. Yul worked in a coffee shop as a barista. Whenever she was working she would always turn the TV on and try to find anything related with Infinite, Gyu in particular. She switched through the channels and found them performing The Chaser on Music Bank. She left it on that and started working.

While working she could hear two excited school girls in the corners.

"Sunggyu Oppa is soooooo handsome!" One of the girls exclaimed at the TV. The other one giggled and hit her playfully.

"Ani, Hoya Oppa is more handsome!" She yelled.

Yul smiled to herself, if only she could express herself to Gyu the way fans do. It would make life so much easier.

As she closed the shop that day a familiar voice came up behind her.

"Yulll...." Sunggyu nearly sang as Yul turned around.

"Aish, Gyu you are so corny" she tried to sound disgusted but deep inside she felt happy and warm. She tilted her head and looked at him.

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be at the dorm?" she asked confused, but the look on his face made it somewhat clear to her. She walked to him and stood in front of him. "She broke up with you didn't she?"

Sunggyu was amazed at how well his best friend knew him, he could never hide anything from her. He nodded and looked away, pretending to smile.

Yul grabbed his hand and started walking, catching him off guard.

"Where are we going?" he asked but still followed her

"To sing our hearts out! let's try to forget her?!" Yul said as she yelled through the night.  "Karaoke! Here we come!"

Mending his heart. She was his best friend but at times like these, she somewhat ended in the position of his rebound girl.