Faeries Run Amok

Lucifer's Butterfly

"I'm home!" Key said as he pushed open the door to the kitchen. He immediately had to duck as a ball of neon green pelted towards his head and ricocheted off the door behind him. "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!"

"KEEP THE DOOR CLOSED!" screamed Minho.

Dozens of shining balls were pinballing off all the walls and furniture. A high pitched, erratic buzzing and squeaking filled the room. Taemin was under the table, practically bristling. Minho was shouting behind a pot that he was using as a shield. Luna was growling and snapping at the little spheres of light bouncing around.

"I'm sorry!" She shouted. The girl was using a pot lid and frying pan to fend off the sprites.

"What?!" Key dove under the table and Taemin swatted at him for taking his hiding place.

Minho explained, "Some potion went wrong and the fumes pissed off the faeries!"

"I didn't mean it!" The girl yelled as she tried to flip the pages of her book while wearing a saucepan on her head.

"Why can't you just freeze the buggers out of the air Minho-ah!" Key shouted over the commotion of clanging pots and broken plates.

The ice man did a Matrix move to avoid three faeries that came at him at once. "Are you crazy?! Do you never want to find your keys again because faeries keep stealing 'em?!"

"I GOT IT! I GOT IT!" The human shouted over to them. "There's a smoke that is supposed to calm down faeries and make them happy! I just need these plants and oils!"

"Is it just me?" Taemin observed while crawling over to her. "Or are the faeries starting to fade but the pelting continues to happen?!"

"NO! That's bad! We can't dodge them if we can't see them!" Minho stumbled as Luna backed into him.

Taemin slid the book across the floor towards Key. "Hyung! Go get these ingredients and come back!"

"I'M ON IT!" Key took the book and started crawling towards the door before pausing. "Why didn't you guys just leave the kitchen?"

"And risk letting these angry guys out to tell all their faerie friends?! We'd never be able to live here again!"

"Point taken. Somebody, cover me!" Taemin threw a wok at Minho, who used the cookware to block faeries from Key and his quick escape.

"COME BACK SOON!" Taemin yelled as he took a hit for the girl. "PLEASE!"

"Taemin! I suspend the one meter rule! Just help!" She put the kitchen island to her back and pulled Taemin in front of her to use as a shield.

"YES!" Taemin cheered before holding his head due to a particularly angry moving red orb. "OW!"

A long 15 minutes later, Key kicked in the door and held a bowl of burning plants out in front of him. The aroma from the smoke filled the room, but it took several minutes for it to take effect. Many of the dim orbs had slowed down and some faded back into invisibility. A couple of the more enthusaistic faeries decided to gang up on Key. He got knocked in the head three consecutive  times by the primary colors and then got his ankle kicked out from underneath him. "Oomf!" He breathed out as he hit the floor. "Ow...."

With that last assault, the pissy nature of the faeries finally evaporated and they flitted around like the fun loving creatures they were before blinking away.

The occupants of the kitchen cautiously put down their shields. Minho crouched next to an unmoving Kibum. "You okay Kibum?"

"....yeah...just give me a sec...," Key replied.

Minho picked something off the mirror demon's chest. "Aww hey look. They left you a flower."

"...." Key blinked slowly at the innocent flower before asking, "Somebody get me some ice." He pushed himself to sitting. "There's some in the freezer right?" He rubbed the side of his head and a bump. "Oh wait. Minho-ah. I forgot. Make me some ice. Those pipsqueaks are stronger than they look...."


Thea's Corner <3

Not going to post for a while because I really need to start studying for my GRE which is in 2 weeks. Then I might hop on over to Japan for a mini vacation to forget how crappy I will probably do on my test. Woohoo!

Posted 13 Jan 2015