Before the Mansion

Lucifer's Butterfly

Just hours prior when the sun did not yet rise, Onew removed himself from his seat on the sofa and Taemin smoothly replaced the leader so that the girl wouldn’t wake up. With her head resting against his shoulder, he couldn’t help but breath in the scent of her hair. He could just eat her up, and maybe under different circumstances, he would have. Literally. “So, how exactly are we going to make her wish come true or were you just saying that?”

Kibum walked around the room and stopped by small round wall mirror. While fixing his hair, he said, “Her aunt and uncle are dead asleep right now.”

“Well, that’s good. We wouldn’t want to disturb them,” Onew said as he picked up an envelope that rested next to a vase of lilies.

“I’m surprised they could sleep through all the noise we were making,” commented Jonghyun.

Onew’s eyes skimmed over the pieces of paper that were inside the envelope. “Hmm…well, they need their rest. They have a long trip ahead of them.”

“Hmm?” Minho came up behind Onew and looked over the other guy’s shoulder to see what the leader held.

“Tickets to Hong Kong?” Minho questioned with a raised eyebrow.

“Yep. Her aunt and uncle are going to be gone for a week,” said Onew as he returned the tickets and envelope to the table. “So…”

Taemin the edge of the sleeping girl’s t-shirt as he said, “They wouldn’t even know she was gone. At least for a short while.”

Jonghyun started to get excited, “We can spend time with her and get her back before her guardians even find out we stole her away.”

“We have to bring her back?” Kibum asked half-seriously.

“Hey, if she said she’d stay with us, I’d be all for it.” Onew sighed. “But she’d probably want to come back and not worry her family.”

Taemin ran his hand up and down her bare arm. “I think she might be feeling a little cold.”

“Here I’ll take her.” Jonghyun picked up a light blanket that lay on the arm of the sofa and wrapped it around her as he pulled her away from the younger boy and against his chest. “She really must be tired,” Jonghyun mused as she unconsciously made herself comfortable against his warm body. Taemin didn’t look too happy to give her up but neither did he protest.

The youngest SHINee member thought out loud, “Wouldn’t they call her when the plane lands or want her to call them? They didn’t let her spend vacation with us. They still probably wouldn’t want their niece to spend the weekend alone with five guys.”

“I don’t blame them. Any normal person wouldn’t let a helpless human girl spend the weekend alone with us either,” commented Key while he leaned against the wall.

“Kibum, why don’t you go leave the parental figures a nice note so they don’t worry that their niece isn’t there to send them off tomorrow,” Onew said.

“Hmm…seeing a professor early in the morning and spending all her time at the library this weekend to catch up on missed work sound good? Let’s throw in a test too,” Key thought up as he picked up a pen and moved a notepad closer to him.

“Sounds good,” replied Onew as he unfolded a note with the girl’s handwriting on it and laid it out on the table. Key examined the handwriting and started to scribe a note that matched the handwriting perfectly. Minho watched as Kibum effortlessly forged the message. He brought his eyes back to the girl and Jonghyun. Jonghyun was absolutely elated but kept his excitement in check.

“Won’t she…freak out?” Minho nodded towards the girl.

They all got quiet. “…Maybe she won’t mind?” Jonghyun said half-heartedly. “Well, if it comes to it, we’ll just send the maknae in to work his magic.”

Taemin rolled his eyes but smiled. “Ah...the only benefit to acting cute.”

“Maybe luck will be on our side,” hoped Onew. ‘She’s going to be so pissed…’ “It’ll be better to feel her wrath than leave her alone so soon after the accident. Such a fragile creature needs protection.”

Minho looked at the wall clock. “We should get going.”

Jonghyun picked her up with ease and all of them moved out of the room without a sound. Whilst Key drove towards the mansion, the girl slept deeply in the snug backseat. Snug because she, along with Jonghyun, Onew, and Taemin sat back there while Minho sat in the passenger’s seat. When they arrived at the mansion, it was dark and looming. It made sense since nobody but them inhabited the place. They chose an empty room and lay her in bed. They all just stood there awkwardly for a while.

Jonghyun stared at the girl who was clad in shorts and a t-shirt. “So…I imagined this scene a lot, but I never thought it’d actually happen. Well…not exactly this scene…” His mind went towards a less innocent direction.

Onew watched her steady breathing. “We forgot to pack for her.”

“I’ll go get her stuff,” offered Key as he disappeared from the room.

“I’m going to go shower. Don’t do anything I would do alone with her while I’m gone or I’ll kill you,” Jonghyun said seriously and then left the room.

Onew moved her so that she slept underneath the covers instead of on top. He smiled, stripped down to his boxers, and pulled her to lie against his body. He breathed deeply against the back of her neck and savored the feeling of her against him with closed eyes.

“Hey!” Taemin protested but didn’t really offer much opposition, especially when Onew opened one eye to glare at him. Who knew one eye could convey the ‘Just try and argue and see what happens’ look. Before the other members could protest, the maknae discarded most of his clothing and stuck himself in against her front. He absolutely purred in contentment.

Minho mused, “She must still have some drugs in her system or something to sleep through all this.” He left the room to change.

Kibum came back with a duffel bag and dropped it on the floor. He looked very unhappy with the sleeping arrangements. “Gone for five minutes and this is what happens.” He lay on top of the covers, because he rather not be sleeping next to a half Taemin, and kissed the girl’s forehead. He watched her face as she slept and then closed his eyes. Minho came back and situated himself above her head. It was not the most comfortable of positions but it was better than being next to Key or Onew. The whole point was to sleep as close as possible to the girl they could not have, not sleep as close to his fellow members who he spent all his time with anyways. Jonghyun entered the room and looked surprised and victimized. He turned off the light and grumbled as he slept like a cat at the end of the bed. The other members so owed him.

--------
THEA's Corner <3

I think this chapter answers some things. Not all obviously, but I wasn't planning on tying all the loose ends in this anyway. I actually wanted to post this chapter up like days ago. I'm getting impatient with my own updating rate :P so I'll probably start updating just a tad bit faster in subsequent chapters. Plus, I'll finally see my laptop soon so I'll have all my other chapters too.

--------
Posted: 2010 Jan. 13 (winglin)
Posted: 2010 July 19 (Asianfanfics)

Approx. 2.25 pages out of ?