Switch Over

Lucifer's Butterfly

“She says there’s five of them.” Minho stood up from his kneeling position, showing no sympathy for the teary, trembling girl who huddled with her back against the wall. She wasn’t whole. Literally. Parts of her skin cracked like the webbed cracks in a glazed ceramic bowl. Her hair looked disheveled and shorter and if you moved it aside, you’d see that she was missing an ear.

“P-lease…please…don’t kill me…,” the little girl whimpered. “I-“

The crying ceased along with her existence. “Ah. Finally. She was starting to hurt my ears.” Jonghyun’s pinky dug into his ear as his other hand smoked slightly. Onew and Minho didn’t even bat an eye nor spare a glance at the scorched spot on the ground.

The oldest guy crossed his arms. “The woman I fought against said they came to avenge their cousin’s human friends. Remember killing any humans recently?” The three boys in Minho’s wrecked room fell silent in thought. Faster than a mouse trap could snap shut, Onew rushed to a mirror and started banging on it. “Key! It’s someone from the campsite! Find her!”

-----
Jonghyun abruptly stopped sprinting down the hall and stumbled backwards as an enraged wolf rounded the corner and almost took a chunk of his side off. “WHAT THE !” He shouted as he fell but rolled over into a crouch. Luna huffed and put its nose back to the ground, not paying attention to Jonghyun anymore. Wrong guy. She lifted her head and started sprinting down a hall again, only pausing once a few meters down to look back expectantly. The fire starter didn’t need to be Taemin to know what Luna was trying to communicate. Without a word, he ran after the wolf.

-----

They stared hard into each other’s eyes for what seemed like five minutes but it couldn’t have been for more than a few seconds. Gyou’s hand twitched and slowly lifted towards the side of her face while his head titled to the side. She held her breath but before anything else happened, Gyou’s eyes darted the side of her head and widened. “What the !” He jumped backwards and promptly grabbed a thick wooden chair that was nearby.

Without warming the girl, he swung the piece of furniture towards her head, eliciting a high pitched scream from her as she ducked down, holding her head in fear that it was already bashed in. She squeezed her eyes shut as glass rained down on top of her, but she did open them soon enough to stare at the floor and see a forearm retreat back into a piece of mirror that was now too small for Key to transport his whole body through. Her eyes widened but she didn’t have time to do anything else as more glass rained around her because Gyou was now breaking all the mirrors that lined the room. “What was that?!” He finally shouted in exhaustion as he put the chair down and sat on it.

“Kibum…,” she whispered but nobody was listening.

Picking up a shard of glass, Gyou turned it round in his hands as if by examination, he could figure out Key’s secrets. He only had a few seconds of quiet before the door to the room started smoking and was eventually kicked in. Jumping to his feet, he hauled the girl up by her wrist while she winced from the grip.

Jonghyun barged in with hands already on fire.

“Uh uh uh. You don’t want to do that,” Gyou advised as the glass shard came dangerously close to her neck.

The hostage took quick, short breaths as her eyes tried to fixate on the sharp object.

“If anymore of her blood leaves her body, I’m going to kill you so horribly, you’d wish you died back at the campsite,” threatened Jonghyun. If his shirt had sleeves, well, now it didn’t. The fire man’s blood was flaming hot at seeing his girl’s disheveled look with dried blood on the side of her head.

“And if you even try to attack me, you’d soon be busy picking up this little girl’s scattered body parts and try to piece her back together. That is, if you’re still in one piece yourself.”

Neither man backed down, but neither made a move.

Jonghyun jumped to the side as Taemin announced his entrance with an angry wolf standing behind him. What surprised everyone was how he was holding a wood bordered full length mirror over his head. He tossed it forcibly over the heads of the couple standing in the middle of the room, and as they watched the glass pane sail overhead, they saw a man emerge out of the mirror. At the same time, Gyou tossed the glass shard aside and reached into his pocket for his secret weapon. At the same time Gyou was moving, the released girl turned around to look at him and then glanced at the fully emerged Key who hit the ground in a crouch behind the pair and was now in the process of tightening his muscles, ready to spring forward and attack the surprised Gyou. As Key lurched forward, the girl stepped around Gyou to put herself between the two guys.

“Don’t touch him!”

Key, already going to run at the offender, stumbled forward and then shifted his weight to fall into a side roll to avoid barreling into her. “You hurt him and I’ll never forgive you!” Her eyes were steely. She scanned the whole room, looking at each and every person. “I’M SICK OF ALL YOUR CRAP! JUST LEAVE ME THE ALONE!” She kicked bits of glass towards the fallen Kibum. Everyone minus the girl was surprised. Then Gyou laughed loudly.

---------

THEA's Corner <3

I have no idea what I'm doing...

Short chapter. Will update soon though.

----------
Posted 17 May 2011