She Was An AntiFan?

Lucifer's Butterfly

“Where is your jacket? You NEED your jacket. Someone! Go find his jacket! We can’t film without it!” The director barked out orders at people. Kibum sighed and sat down on an empty crate. He was annoyed but his face didn’t show it. Jonghyun walked over and put a hand on Kibum’s shoulder.

“…I really don’t care about that jacket…,” complained Kibum. He wanted to get this over with. They were so behind schedule right now.

“I wish I lost my jacket. I’m burning up here.” Jonghyun fanned his face with his hand. He was tired and irritated, which made his temperature go higher than normal. Of course, it could go way higher and he’d be physically fine, but he found that a temperature that would be considered maybe feverish to humans was the most comfortable temperature he could maintain around nondemons. His normal body temperature was many degrees higher but obviously he couldn’t be around humans then. The boy had flaming amounts of power but it was hard to control. So keeping a body temperature below what was normal for his species took effort. When he got angry or annoyed, the temperature would increase. Right now, he was very much annoyed, and it annoyed him even more that he had to put in more effort to lower his temperature now. He was getting really tired, and not having a jacket on would have probably not made a difference in his temperature, but it’d still make him feel better. It’d make him feel like he didn’t need to put as much work into controlling his steadily increasing temperature. Kibum would have pitied his hyung more if the mirror demon wasn’t so irritated himself.

“We are so not going to get this done in…,” Jonghyun checked his cell phone, “three hours.”

Their manager walked over, hearing the end of their conversation. “You better hope we get done in that amount of time, or we’ll have to reschedule. You guys have to be at the radio station at 4 A.M. We can’t cancel that.” The manager walked away to discuss things with the staff.

“Damn…we’re going to have to come back. Because at this rate, we are not going to get done.” Jonghyun and Kibum looked a little annoyed. Why couldn’t they satisfy the director? A staff member rushed over holding a hanger with Kibum’s jacket on it. As the stylists were prepping the boy for filming, Jonghyun wished his fellow member good luck and then decided to go back to the conference room to maybe play with his laptop or listen to music or something. He was checking his text messages as he was walking, but his peripheral vision was just fine so he could avoid bumping into people. As he was moving, a woman’s heels came into his view. He looked up and turned around.

“Hey!” He called out before the owner of those heels walked too far away. He recognized those shoes on the girl that helped Minho out earlier.

The girl paused and turned around. Was this guy referring to her? He was looking right at her so he must be. “Yes?”

“You took the blame for Minho before. Why’d you do that?” Jonghyun asked in genuine curiosity.

Was he mad? She fidgeted. “It was my fault to begin with.” ‘Plus, I want to go home and sleep soon. Oh gosh. My thoughts shouldn’t be so mean. Sleep deprivation is making me grumpy instead of nervous,’ she thought to herself. “Umm…Don’t worry about it. Just work hard.” She smiled encouragingly at him. She examined his attire. “Oh no! There’s a tear in your jacket!” She stopped a woman who was rushing by with heavy garments. “Unni, there’s a tear in his shirt.” The older woman looked ten times more stressed than she was already, causing the young girl to feel really bad.

“Oh no! I don’t have time to fix it. Do me a favor. Go get my sewing kit and fix it up please. Thanks.” The woman rushed off before the girl could protest.

“Seriously?” she watched the woman’s back as she fled the hall. She glanced back at the guy.

“Wow…” Jonghyun watched the woman disappear. “She moves fast…”

A little later, the girl was sitting on the window ledge with a needle in her hand and fabric in the other. Jonghyun was leaning against the ledge, watching her work. After a few dozen seconds of silence, he spoke up, “What did you mean by it being your fault? Are you close to Minho?”

Her focus on her sewing was startled, but it was reflected by only a slight pause in her hand movements. “No. I’ve never spoken to Minho-ssi before. I…just thought he needed some caffeine…I’m sure you’re all tired.”

“Oh…Well, we can’t drink anything like that after 7 PM so you didn’t have to do that. It’d be kind of useless…,” Jonghyun explained.

Her movements paused again. “Oh…well, now I know. Tell him I’m sorry for causing him trouble.” She continued working.

“Sure…,” Jonghyun didn’t really know what to talk about with this stranger but he didn’t want it to just be silent around them either. “Aren’t you kind of young to be working this job?” He was truly curious. The girl didn’t fit in with the other staff. At least, not age-wise.

“I’m just working part-time. I’m a university student, but it’s vacation right now. Why not do something productive right?” She lifted up the jacket to examine her handiwork. “Here you go. It doesn’t look too bad.”

“Thank you.” His hand moved to take it but she had already moved behind him to help him put it on. You always saw it on T.V. Coordinators and stylists dressing the people like dolls while the star stands there.

“Uh…thanks…” It felt more awkward when a girl that he didn’t know, and a pretty one at that, who looked to be close to his age was helping him with his clothes. He felt his temperature go up a little from his nervousness. “...Are you sure you’re not some fan who snuck in here? I didn’t know they hired teenagers to do these things,” he tried to joke with her.

She frowned a little but he didn’t see it because she was behind him. “I’m pretty sure I’m not a sneaky SHINee fan. There you go. Good as new. Now go and do your work so that I can get back to doing mine.”

“You don’t like SHINee?” Jonghyun was a little surprised as he turned around.

His expression made her not so nervous of him anymore. She rolled her eyes but was smiling slightly so he didn’t take it as a rude gesture. “I didn’t say that.” The girl started walking back in the direction of the studio. He walked beside her. He needed to get back too anyway.

“Maybe you’re an anti-fan then. You could have poisoned Minho’s drink.” He mused.

She was mildly offended but knew he was joking. “I would never do that to Minho-ssi.” She paused. “He’s too pretty and gentle-looking for me to want to poison. You on the other hand…”

Jonghyun chuckled. “Ha! I’ll be sure to tell Minho.” They turned a corner and both entered a room. She walked over to her black bag on the ground, while he rummaged through his bag that was on the table. “What guy wants to be pretty anyways? So that means I’m manlier than Minho then!” Jonghyun concluded. She giggled and he looked over his shoulder at her. “Why are you laughing?”

She swirled the contents of her water bottle. “No reason. You’re just a very interesting person.” She smiled at him brightly. She’d been working all day, along with everyone else here of course, and listening to Jonghyun talk was brightening up her day. Well, night actually. She grabbed a pack of gum from her bag.

“Would you like some gum?” she offered him a stick.

“Is this poisoned?” He nevertheless took a piece but put it in his pocket.

“Hmm...I don’t know.” She unwrapped a stick and started chewing on it. She bowed. “Well, I got to get back to work now. Nice meeting you Kim Jonghyun-ssi.” He bowed back in respect.

She straightened. “Good luck okay. Hang in there.” Jonghyun grinned awkwardly, feeling his body get warmer again.

“You have bright eyes,” the guy blurted out. She paused and tilted her head to the side slightly.

“Uh…thank you?” she blushed and gave him a small smile.

“…yeah. Very bright. Like a kid’s eyes when he’s planning mischief and fun. I’ll be watching you Miss. I know your plans of trying to poison us.” He narrowed his eyes.

She grinned. “Sure Kim Jonghyun-ssi. Whatever you say.” She left the room.

Jonghyun put a hand against his burning forehead. “Pabo…What a lame save…” ‘But she did have nice eyes…bright and warm like the sun…’

Onew walked into the room with a bottle of water in his hand. “What’s up, Jonghyun?” He sat down in a chair.

“Nothing much. Just talked to some pretty girl.” Jonghyun sat down on the edge of the table. He stole Onew’s water bottle.

“Hey!”

“Let me have some, Hyung. I’m going to burn this place down.” The guy poured maybe half the contents of the container into his mouth before giving it back.

“A pretty girl? A trainee? A fan? One of the nuna staff?” Onew was curious, not really caring about his water bottle.

“A staff girl, yeah. Don’t know how old she is though. She actually looks really young.”

“So what were you talking about?”

“Hmm…How she’s an antifan that’s going to capture and torture SHINee.”

“Huh?!” Onew was surprised but Jonghyun was looking at the wall with this weird look on his face.

Then, Jonghyun took out a stick of gum from his pocket and started chewing the piece. “Mmm…sweet.” He didn’t expect gum to taste that good. Then again, his mind was probably making it taste better than it really was. ‘Hmm…maybe she really did drug me.’ He felt a different kind of warmth inside himself that he couldn’t identify. It didn’t make his core temperature increase or make him uncomfortable. Jonghyun broke out into a large smile.

“Is gum really that good?” Onew questioned. Jonghyun had this stupid expression on his face now while he stared at nothing. Onew was so confused. “I want a piece…”

--------
THEA's Corner <3

Most of your comments were all the same, or conveyed the same message, so I didn't feel like replying to them individually. Sorry. Well, truthfully, I was just lazy...
There was one comment though that highly amused me. Bumhole...Seriously? I was like '*lifts eyebrow* seriously? You call the author of the story you want to continue reading a 'bumhole'?' I didn't know whether to be angry or laugh. I laughed. It actually made me want to post up a chapter. So, thank you dear reader for that comment. It's good to know the number of my readers are increasing. And thank you for taking the time to comment.
Now don't all start insulting me to try and get me to update. Eventually, I will get pissed off. I don't know whether it's one name-calling away or five name-calls away. But yeah. You don't want me getting pissed off. Grr. Beware.

Well, here's a chapter. Not a very quick update, but better than my like month hiatus. I REALLY REALLY should be doing homework and studying because I have an extremely busy week ahead of me with a paper to write on a book that I don't own and is not on sparknotes, two science exams to take, and a Kpop dance to learn (with nowhere to practice it) that I got persuaded into doing.

So type to you all later my wonderfully supportive readers!
--------
Posted: 27 March 2010 (Winglin)
Posted: 20 Juy 2010 (Asianfanfics)
3.5 pages out of 54