“I thought you’d never ask…”

Memoirs of a Vampire

 

 

 

Chapter  9 – “I thought you’d never ask…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I lay silently on my futon as I reminisced the wonderful night I just had. Wah! She likes me too! I wonder when she started like me? *blush* I fidgeted around my futon as I thought about Maki’s expression when she said she loved me too.

Thinking about what I just did made me feel so embarrassed. I can’t believe I just did that! I looked like a fool on that stage! I covered my face with my blanket.

“Demo (but) I’ll always be her one and only fool.” Geh! I think I’m starting to become more like Yoochun! That line is so corny!

“So embarrassing! So embarrassing!”

“What’s so embarrassing?” A voice suddenly said. Whata-? That voice…..

When I came out from under the blanket, I found Eunhyuk on top of me staring curiously at me.

“Geh! Get off of me!” I pushed him violently to the side and he landed on the tatami mat on his back.

“Itte! (ouch!) What was that for?!” He complained as he tries to get up from the mat.

“That’s what you get for scaring the crap out of me again.” I glared at him.

“What are you so scared of? You’re a vampire aren’t you?” I blushed embarrassingly and just ignored him.

“What brings you here anyway?” I asked him trying to change the subject.

“Actually, I have a favor to ask you,” I raised my eyebrow at him. Hmm…..I have a bad feeling about this.

“You see, my girlfriend and I had a fight. But just a temporary fight,” This doesn’t sound good.

“I was wondering if you could let me stay here for a few days--”

“DEFINITELY NO!” I yelled at his face.

“C’mon Jaejoong! I have no other place to stay!” He pleaded as he clung onto my pants.

“Yah! Let go!”

“Please Jaejoong!” he continued to plead as he faked cry.

It really wouldn’t be that much of a bother to me if I let him stay here for a while. Besides he had helped me a lot ever since I was banished here. I guess it’s only fair to return the favor.

I sighed and glanced back at him. “Fine.” I finally said. Eunhyuk immediately got up from the ground and began kissing my face.

“Thank you so much!” he said as he continued to smother me with wet kisses.

“Sure. What are friends for?” I mumbled quietly to myself.

======================

The next I came to school early. I was cleaning the first floor quietly thinking deeply of how to ask Maki out. I want to ask her out on a date, but I don’t quite know how. I’ve never done this before and I’ve only seen a few people do it as well. Ugh! What should I do?

“YO!” a voice from behind me suddenly said. I turned around and found Meisa grinning widely at me; no surprise there, she does this every single morning.

“yo” I said in a depressed tone.

“What’s wrong?” she asked me curiously.

“Nothing.”

“Hmm…..oh, by the way how did your confession go? Did it go well?”

“yea.” I said unenthusiastically. She looked at me curiously.

“Then why are you so depressed? Isn’t that supposed to be a good thing?”

“I am happy. It’s just that….”

“It’s just what?”

“It’s just……”

She sighed. “Spit it out already!” she yelled out. Geez, she’s really intimidating whenever she’s mad or annoyed. She really can’t control her temper. I can’t believe she was able to keep her relationship for a long time. What kind of guy can stay with her for that long?

*sigh* “I want to ask her out.” I finally said it.

“Then why don’t you ask her out?”

“I—I don’t know how. I’ve never dated before.” I confessed to her. She smirk and she shook her head in disbelief.

“Souka (I see). I can’t believe someone like you have never dated before. I guess I have no choice but to help you out.” she said. I looked up at her my face beaming excitedly.

“Honto!? (Seriously!?) You’ll help me out!?”

“Yea! Why not!” I hugged her tightly as I heard her confirmation.

“Thank you so much!!!!” YAY! She’ll help me out! I screamed loudly in my mind as I jump up and down like a little kid.

“What are friends for?” I heard her say.

======================

During Maki’s lunch period, Meisa promised to meet me at the back of the school where she would teach me how to ask a girl out.

Where the hell is she!? I’ve been waiting here for twenty minutes! Why is she taking so long? Grrrr! I don’t have much time, I still have to clean the boys’ bathroom. If I don’t I’m gonna get in trouble again!

After a couple more minutes of waiting, she finally arrived. She plopped down on the bench next to me panting. She fanned herself with her hand.

“Yah! What took you so long?” I complained to her.

“Wari (sorry), wari (sorry).” She said panting. “The head teacher was scolding me again.” I just rolled my eyes at her. I wonder what she did now.

“Ok, let’s do this. First, show what you got.”

“Eh? What do you mean?” I asked her.

“Show me how you would ask someone on a date. Pretend I am Horikita-san and ask me on a date.” Meisa straightened up her back and she placed her legs together with her head low, like a shy little girl. I straightened up my posture as well and I turned my body towards her.

“Erm…….Maki…..”

“Yes?” she said in her annoying high pitched voice. I cleared my throat and continued.

“Wou—wou—wou—wou---”

“Spit it out Jaejoong! What are you stuttering for?” she complained to me impatiently. I cleared my throat again and I started over.

“Maki….”

“Yes?” she said again in her annoying voice.

“Would you…..” Suddenly she made a really weird face which really distracted me. I couldn’t concentrate anymore. *sigh* “Ok, if you’re going to make a face like that then let’s not do it anymore.” She started cracking up.

“Oh come on! I was just kidding!” she said as she continued to make fun of me. “hahaha, ok, ok, let’s do it again. I’m serious now.” She clears , “Yes?” she said in a sweet voice.

I took her hand and looked at her in the eyes. “Would you…….go out with me?” I said in a serious tone. Yes! I did it!

Suddenly Meisa’s expression changed, she looked rather worried. was slightly open and her eyes were shock and wide. Her eyes were shifting back and forth at me and at something behind me. Did I do it well?

“What’s wrong with you?” I asked her curiously. She raised her index finger and she began pointing at something. ‘What?’ I mouthed at her. ‘Turn around!’ she mouthed back at me. ‘Why?’ I asked her. ‘Just look!’ she mouthed at me. Slowly, I turned my body around. OH! NOOO!!!!! I yelled in my mind. Maki was standing right behind me long enough to hear me ask Meisa out.

“oppa…” she said softly, her eyes tearing and trembling.

“Maki I---” Before I could say anything she already ran away. I got up from the bench and I ran after her. No! No! No!

I ran in lightning speed and within a second or so I finally caught up with her. I grabbed her wrist stopping her from making another step.

“Let go of me!” she commanded as she tries to get her hand off my grip.

“Maki you’ve got it all wrong. It’s not what you think!”

“LET GO!” She yelled at me louder.

“I wasn’t asking Meisa out. I was just—” she cut me off.

“Then what was that!? Huh?!”

“Maki….”

“Let go—” Before she could yell at me again I pulled her into my arms and I hugged her tightly.

“It’s not what you think,” I started out. She struggled within my grip. She tried to push me away but I was stronger. “Actually, I wanted to ask you out.” I confessed to her. She stopped struggling.

“Meisa was just helping me. I didn’t know how to ask you out on a date, so I asked for her help. We were just practicing I swear.” I explained to her. Still hugging her I looked at her sincerely in the eyes.

*gulp* Here goes nothing. “Maki……” I started out.

“Yes?” she said softly.

“Wou—wou—would you go out—wi--with m o-on a da-date?” I asked her nervously. She pulled away from me, slightly open and her eyes wide in surprise.

Slowly, a smile crept upon her face which made me smile as well. “I thought you’d never ask.” she said as she wraps her arms around my waist. I smiled and I hugged her back tightly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey guys! I hope you guys liked this chapter. I know I said that this chap was going to be about their first date, but I couldn’t make fit. I'm so sorry if I disappointed anyone. It was longer than I thought. ^^” I promise da next chap will be about the first date! Look forward to it! ^_^

Comments would be very much appreciated! Pls stay tune for chapter 10!!! =D

Chapter 10: My first date (I might change the title)

(9/1/09)