My Serenade

Memoirs of a Vampire

 

 

Chapter  8 – My Serenade

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ever since that day I admitted my love for Maki to Meisa, I began to talk to Maki more and hang out with her more. Once I finally knew my feeling for Maki, I just wanted to be with her more and spend more time with her.

We hang out at the back of the school where we had our first conversation. She would come every study hall and just hang out with me. We would talk and talk until the period is over. We usually talked about stuff that’s going on in our lives or stuff that we saw on TV lately. And sometimes we would just sit quietly and stare at the sky.

Although I like her, it’s only a one-sided love. I don’t feel like Maki loves me the same way I love her. She only treats me as an oppa (older brother) who dropped from the sky.

======================

At the back of the school I sat on the bench with my bento (lunch box) and I waited for Maki’s arrival. Within a minute she finally showed up.

“Yo Jaejoong oppa!” She said as she plopped down on the bench next to me.

“Yo!” I said making a peace sign with my fingers.

“Look what I made for you today oppa,” She took out her pink Hello Kitty lunch box and she slowly took off the white cover. She brought fried noodles with shrimps and vegetables and a Hello Kitty shaped rice ball at the side.

“Oishisou (it looks good)” I complemented her. She smiled as she took out her Hello Kitty chopsticks that came with the lunch box.

She really likes Hello Kitty merchandises a lot; she even has Hello Kitty underwear in her drawers. Just so you guys know I’m not a ert, I don’t watch her change her clothes. I only know about that fact because I’ve seen her mother hung them on the clothesline. *gasp* I will never resort into such a low act. I’m a high class vampire after all!

“Waah! It taste good!” I complemented her as I took bite out of her rice ball. I then took out my brown bag and took out three rice buns.

“Oppa! Why did you bring rice buns again? Is that the only food you eat?” she pouted at me, disappointed that I didn’t bring my own cooked lunch, again. I keep promising her that I would bring lunch that I cooked myself, but I never did.

“Ah, gome (I’m sorry). I forgot again.” I lied. The reason I never brought a home cooked lunch was because I don’t know how to cook. We’re vampires; we drink human blood and not noodles or rice buns. The only reason I’ve survived up to now was because Eunhyuk shares his supply of blood bags with me. I always visited him every week and he would give me a week of supply of blood.

“Fine. I’ll let you off again this time. Here try my lunch!” She grabbed the fried noodles with her chopsticks and she fed me like a little child. I blushed when her face got close to mine but she didn’t notice. She ate one of my rice buns while I continued eating the fried noodles.

When I glanced back at her there was a piece of bread stuck at the corner of her lips. I grabbed her chin and I began wiping it gently with my thumb. She blushed when I touched the corner of her lips and so did I once I realized what I’ve just done.

“Thanks oppa,” she said shyly. I just nodded and looked way while she looked the other way.

After we ate our lunches we just sat there on the bench and chatted.

“Ne oppa,” She started out her eyes gazing at the shifting clouds at the sky.

“Hmm?” I asked with my eyes also directed at the clouds.

“Do you have a girlfriend?” I jumped from my seat and immediately turned towards her. Geh! What did she just asked me?!

“Erm…..no,” I said shyly.

“Hmm…..is there anyone that you like at the moment?” she asked her eyes still fixed at the sky. I hesitated before I answered. I don’t know if this was the right moment to confess my feelings.

“Erm…….I like someone,” I said shyly. She turned her gaze towards me surprised at what I just said. This made me blush even more.

“Eh? Really? Who is it?” she asked me curiously.

“I can’t tell you.”

“Eh? Why not? Is she someone I know?”

“Yea,”

“Is it Meisa sensei?” she asked. I looked up at her surprised and curious of why she thought I like Meisa. Meisa was just a close friend of mine. Ever since we met each other we’ve become good friends. I even told her about my crush for Maki. But there is something weird about her, like she’s hiding some sort of secret from me and everyone else. I shook my head in response to Maki.

“Then who is it?”

“I’ll tell you when the time is right.” I said to her. She pouted and she leaned back down on the wall and turned her gaze back towards the sky.

“She must be pretty” she suddenly said.

“Huh?”

“The girl you like. She must be really pretty and nice.” She sounded a bit disappointed but I didn’t understand why.

*sigh* “Yeah. She’s very pretty.” I whispered to myself as I gazed and admired Maki’s beautiful angelic face. 'She’s very pretty indeed.'

======================

I was cleaning at the second floor when I noticed a deserted classroom. I slowly opened the door and I went inside. It was a music room. Inside there were musical instruments; there was a piano, a guitar, drum sets, clarinets, trumpets and all sorts of other instruments you would find in a school orchestra. I walked over to the piano and I began playing random notes.

As I play I remembered the time when I first heard someone play the piano. It was three years ago, I was walking home from Eunhyuk’s apartment when I suddenly heard a beautiful melody. I had good ears so I was able to identify where the sound was coming from immediately.

I followed the sound down the block and at the corner of the street I found a café. I walked inside and I sat at one of the tables at the back. The café was full of happy customers and it was probably due to the popularity of the pianist. He was young; he had long curly black hair and a tall frame. He’s voice was deep and low, but surprisingly he can sing high notes. The song was called Evergreen (A/N: song by DBSK); it was the first song I ever heard; well the first song a actually acknowledged. It was a sad ballad song, but it was very soothing. I really liked it, especially the lyrics.

Ever since that day I became a regular customer at the café.

I sat down on the piano stool and I began playing Evergreen. I closed my eyes and I let my fingers move freely on their own. I just played and played while I hum the lyrics of the song. Although I had a good memory I couldn’t remember the entire song. Once I snapped back to reality an idea hit me.

After school I headed directly down to the café and had a chat with the pianist. He really liked my idea and he believes it would definitely work. He said it would be perfect, and that he’d love to help me with it. And so everyday after school I went to the café and I practiced with him.

======================

After a week of practicing the special day finally came. Today’s the day! I yelled happily in my mind. I skipped like a little child towards Maki’s box where her shoes were placed. I took out an envelope from my pocket and I gave it a long kiss before I placed it under her shoes. This way it’ll be unnoticeable from others and yet can be easily found by her. I placed my palms together and shut my eyes. Please let her find it! I prayed sternly in my mind. Once I finished I went back to do my work.

======================

I checked my watch, 5:35, she’s gonna be here in a few more minutes! Suddenly I felt queasiness inside my stomach. Geh!

“I don’t think I can do this anymore!” I told Yoochun nervously.

“I told you I’ll help you! So don’t worry too much. It’s gonna turn out well.” He said reassuringly as he gently patted my back.

“How are you so sure it will go well?!” I hissed at him.

He gave me one of his lady killer smiles and said, “Because my instincts tell me so.”

I rolled my eyes at his cheesey comment. I don’t think I trust him anymore, I thought shaking my head.

Suddenly we heard the entrance door open and close. Inside the cafe lights were turned off but I could see her perfectly. The spotlights immediately turned. It shone down directly at me so that I was the only one that was completely visible. I covered my eyes with one hand and I saw her stare at me with a confused face.

I cleared my voice. “Erm……..I’m dedicating this song to a very special girl in my life.” I gestured my hand towards her direction and one of the spotlights immediately went to her. Her eyes widen in surprise. She looked around the café but the place was empty. There were no other people here except us. Yoochun let me book the whole café for one night for free since I was friends with him and because it was for a special cost.

As soon as Yoochun and everyone else behind me were ready, I snapped my fingers. Soft sounds of the drum and the gentle strumming of the guitar that Yoochun played started the song. I jumped in immediately when I heard my cue.

You're just too good to be true.
Can't take my eyes off you.
You'd be like Heaven to touch.
I wanna hold you so much.
At long last love has arrived
And I thank God I'm alive.
You're just too good to be true.
Can't take my eyes off you.

As I sang the verses my eyes were directly staring at her beautiful beaming brown eyes while she stared at my blue passionate eyes.

Pardon the way that I stare.
There's nothing else to compare.
The sight of you leaves me weak.
There are no words left to speak,
But if you feel like I feel,
Please let me know that it's real.
You're just too good to be true.
Can't take my eyes off you.

Suddenly the whole café lit up and the band behind me began playing.

I love you, baby,
And if it's quite alright,
I need you, baby,
To warm a lonely night.
I love you, baby.
Trust in me when I say:
Oh, pretty baby,
Don't bring me down, I pray.
Oh, pretty baby, now that I found you, stay
And let me love you, baby.
Let me love you.

As I sang these words to her I saw her blush. She bit her lips and a smile slowly formed on her face. She looked both happy and somewhat embarrassed by my sudden confession. I just smiled along with her as I continued to sing.

You're just too good to be true.
Can't take my eyes off you.
You'd be like Heaven to touch.

Towards the middle of the verse I began dancing. I swayed my body from side to side, moving from one corner of the stage to the other. She covered her blushed face as she watched me make a fool out of myself.

I wanna hold you so much.
At long last love has arrived
And I thank God I'm alive.
You're just too good to be true.
Can't take my eyes off you.

Before the chorus started I slowly walked down the stage and towards her direction. Her eyes widen as I got closer and closer to her. I continued to dance as I stood a few feet in front of her.

I love you, baby,
And if it's quite alright,
I need you, baby,
To warm a lonely night.
I love you, baby.
Trust in me when I say:
Oh, pretty baby,
Don't bring me down, I pray.
Oh, pretty baby, now that I found you, stay.

And let me love you, baby.
Let me love you……

While I sang ‘let me love you’ I got down on one of my knees and I extended my hand for her to take. I tilted my head and I smiled at her with my own lady killer smile. She smiled at me sweetly as she stretched her hand and placed it on my palms. I kissed her hand lightly and in my gentle and y voice I said, “I love you Maki.” Her eyes became teary and her cheeks became redder.

“I love you too Jaejoong oppa,” She replied back smiling sweetly at me. When I heard her reply I quickly pulled her into a warm tight hug. I lifted her up and I swung her around.

Still holding Maki in my arms I turned my head towards Yoochun’s direction. I mouthed a thank you to him along with my thumbs up. He just shook his head and smiled back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey guys! I hope you guys liked this chapter. The inserted song is called, “Can’t take my eyes off of you” by Frankie Valli.

Comments would be very much appreciated! Pls stay tune for chapter 9!!! =D

Chapter 9: My first date (I might change the title)

(8/29/09)