Danger! (Part 1)

Memoirs of a Vampire

Chapter 12 - Danger part 1

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*yawn* “I’m so tired” I stretched my arms above my head trying to get my tight muscles to wake up. I felt so tired that I can’t even lift a finger. Eunhyuk invited his friends over at my SMALL apartment and they threw a party. I don’t even know how they threw a party in my apartment, but they did. I couldn’t get a single wink the whole night. The party lasted until 4 in the morning. I ended up only having 2 hours of sleep.

“Yo!”

I turned around and found Meisa smiling freakily at me.

“What’s wrong with you?” She asked me as she took a sit on the steps of the stairs next to me.

“Nothing, I’m just tired.” I told her.

“How’s it going with Horikita san?”

“It’s all good.” *yawn* “Although we haven’t been able to hang out lately because the upcoming exams.” I stretched my arms again over my head.

“Oh, yea the exams. I think she’ll be fine. She’s very smart you know.”

“Of course I know that. She’s actually the smartest person I know.” Meisa punched my arm lightly.

“Hey! Are you calling me stupid?!” I chuckled when I realized what I just said.

We sat there for a while just chatting about random things. She talked most of the time while I tried to keep myself awake. I didn’t even know what the heck we were talking about. Suddenly just as I was about to completely fall asleep, I felt that weird feeling of someone staring at me again. I jerked my head up and turned at all directions trying to search for that person. But I didn’t find anyone except Meisa who was still sitting next me. I turned towards her when I noticed that she stopped talking. She was quiet and her face was serious. Her eyes were gazing at somewhere far. Did she notice it too?

When she noticed me staring at her she turned towards me and began chatting again. For some reason I keep getting these thoughts that Meisa is hiding something from me. Could it be related to these weird things that have been happening to me?

======================

“I’ll see you tomorrow Maki.” I waved goodbye to her.

“Unn (ok)” She waved back at me. I continued to watch her as she made her way inside the house. As I was about to leave, someone called me.

“Hey! You!” I turned around and looked up on the balcony. I found Maki’s brother, Yamapi, leaning on the entrance of the balcony with his arms folded holding a churro on one hand. I looked up at him while he glared at me. “Didn’t you say you and my sister didn’t have a relationship? What the hell is this then?”

Crap! “Erm…..eto……I was just walking her home.”

“Usotsuki (liar)” He said as he took a bite out of his churro. “Do you really think I’m stupid?”

I knew he wasn’t going to buy it but it was worth the try. I bit my lips trying to come up with another excuse. “Oi!” He called down at me. “Trying to think of another excuse?” He said raising one of his eyebrows suspiciously.

Geh! Is this guy a psychic!? He keeps reading my thoughts! I returned my attention back to him. “I’m warning you,” he started out. “You better not do anything to hurt my sister. Or else,” He grabbed his remaining churro at both endss and broke it violently in half. “You’ll become like this churro.” He said threateningly before he stomped his way back into his room.

I shook my head in disbelief. Does he really think I’m scared of him?

======================

As I made my way home I decided to stop by at Yoochun’s café for a cup of coffee. I listened to one song before heading back.

I was walking down a dark alley when I noticed a bunch of guys hanging around near the dumpster. I couldn’t see their faces clearly but I’m pretty sure they weren’t a friendly group of people. I could feel the ambiance get heavier every inch I get closer to them. As I passed through the group I found all of them following me with their eyes. And when I thought I made it pass safely, one of the guys blocked my way. !

I stopped and glared at him. When he turned his gaze at me I was shocked when I saw his eyes. They were bloodshot. Are these guys vampires!?

“yah……Jaejoong, osashiburi da ne? (long time no see)” I looked up and found someone sitting on the railing of the fire escape. I couldn’t see his face but his voice sounded very familiar.

He jumped down from the fire escape, down on the ground a few feet away from me. When he turned around his face rang a bell inside my head.

“Junsu” I murmured. My eyes were transfixed with his. He smirked at me as he walked towards my way. I found myself moving backwards and on to the wall behind me. , I’m cornered.

He stopped just right in front of me. Our faces were practically an inch away. “How have you been Jaejoong?” he said. I could feel his cold breath on my skin. I stuttered to answer his question.

“I-erm-I-I-I’m fine. Wh-what brings you here?” I asked him not daring to look at him directly in the eyes.

“OH I’m doing WONDERFUL.” He said sarcastically. “I hunted people, as usual, I met new friends, and OH! How could I forget my metal arm? Yup, I finally got used to it. Still remember that time when you chopped off half of my arm?” I glanced down at his right arm, and indeed it was now made of metal. “Yea, it’s now made of metal. Thanks to you!”

He grabbed my neck with his metal hand and slammed me violently onto the wall. He lifted me up from the ground with his metal hands still gripping my neck tightly. He was about to throw me to the ground when someone suddenly appeared. I couldn’t see who it was. I struggled upon Junsu’s grip as he gripped my neck tighter.

Crap! I-I-I---I ca—ca-ca-can’t brea-breathe—

Before I knew it, I passed out.

======================

When I woke up, I found myself inside my apartment. I looked around and Eunhyuk wasn’t there. Wait a second. Who saved me last night?

Suddenly Eunhyuk came in through the front door.

“Oh! You’re finally awake!” He said happily as he looked through the mail.

“What happened last night?” I asked him curiously. He looked at me and then he made a thinking face.

“Hmm, I was watching tv last night and then I noticed that you still weren’t home. So I went looking for you and I found you lying unconscious in an alley.” Finally it all came back to me. Junsu tried to kill me last night. I touched my neck lightly and I could feel bruises on it.

“Wait a second! Why hasn’t my bruises healed yet!?” I looked up at Eunhyuk for an answer, but he just shrugged his shoulder.

“Wait, when was the last time you drunk fresh human blood?” I thought about it carefully. When did I last drink human blood?

“Hmm…..I haven’t drunk any fresh blood ever since I got banished from the Ankokugai (underworld).”

“Well that’s the problem. You should at least drink fresh blood every five to six years.” He told me nodding his head.

“Do you drink fresh blood often?” he shook his head ‘no’ at me.

“I drink it at least every ten years.” He told me. Then suddenly I remembered something important.

“Eunhyuk! What time is it!?” He checked his watch.

“It 8 in the morning-”

“AAAAHHH!!!! I’m late for work!!!!”

======================

In was a full moon tonight. I was waiting for Maki outside her house. I’m taking her to a new special place again.

It was 10:16 when Maki finally came out. “Are you ready?” I asked her. She nodded her head excitedly. When I was about to lift her up, she suddenly pushed away from me. I looked at her with a puzzled look.

“What’s wrong?” I asked her curiously.

“Ah! I forgot something at school!” she said. “I really need to go and get it! It’s something very important, my mom gave it to me a long time ago, and if I lose it—”

“Ok, ok I get it. Let’s go and get it ok?” I patted her back and she finally calmed down.

The school door was closed when we got there so we had to pick the lock on it. Amazingly we were able to actually open it successfully. We made our way upstairs to the third floor and into her classroom.

“What does it look like?” I asked her.

“It’s a silver pendant with a heart shaped charm.” I heard her whisper. I looked around in front of the classroom while she looked around her desk. After a couple of minutes she finally found it.

“I found it!” she exclaimed. “I dropped it under my desk.” I walked over to her and I admired the pendant she was holding.

“Let’s go.” I told her. When we were about to make our way out, someone blocked the door. It was very dark and I could barely see the person in front of us. He walked towards us and we both moved back. The light coming from the full moon outside made us visible. I grabbed Maki’s hand and I was about to carry her off with me out through the window when he again blocked our way. His back was facing us. When he turned around, I couldn’t believe who it was.

...

...

...

...

...

“Junsu…..”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey guys! So what did you think of this chapter? Any predictions later on? Please leave comments ^^ Stay tune for chapter 13!!! =D

Chapter 13: Danger! (Part 2)

(9/13/09)