Prayers

One Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5: Prayers

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

His eyes slowly opened and stared down at the dirty and dusty ground below him. His wrists were aching from the tight rope around them, holding him off of the ground. The male's breathing was soft and slow; for his body was weak and numb, to numb to move. The injury in his stomach has no taken its tole on the boy, already being infected in the span of 5 hours. He was weak, he was numb, he didn't even have enough energy to lift his head. Thoughts ran through his head and his lips--dry and slightly cracked--parted a bit as he worded silent prayers as tears began to flood in his eyes. The salkty drops of water slowly ran down his cheeks and his eyes closed, letting the pain obsorb him in what he thought would be his last moments or hours breathing.

Youngjae smirked as he watched Dongwoon pull out of Daehyun, grabbing his jeans that were wrapped around his ankles and pulling them over his lower half. He turned around and smiled at Youngjae, zipping his zipper. Youngjae nodded and patted his shoulder, dismissing the other. As Dongwoon left, Gikwang and Zelo were watching from the door. Gikwang looked at Zelo, furrowing his eyebrows before he looked down sadly. Zelo stared at Daehyun, watching the other's life begin to slip away slowly as tears flooded his own eyes. He watched with furrowed eyebrows, his eyes full of regret and his tears full of sadness. He was mourning for Daehyun. How could he do such a thing to his friend? Moreoverly, to his lover and the rest of his friends? He betrayed them. He lost their trust for him. But there is a way to start over again...

"...We need to get a hold of Yongguk"." Zelo said, his voice low and serious. Gikwang blinked and looked at Zelo, who slowly looked at the older. "I know you have a conscious, hyung...Help me get Daehyun out of the mess I created." Gikwang stared at him before he smiled softly at him, nodding.

"Alright...I'll help you." He said. Zelo nodded and looked up at Youngjae, who began talking to Daehyun as he sharpened a blade. "We've got to hurry, too..." Zelo took Gikwang's hand and began leading him away the room, completely unaware that Junhyung had not only been watching them, but listening to them. Junhyung's eyes narrowed slightly as he took a step forward, watching them leave before he looked into the room. Youngjae nodded at Junhyung as he shut the door and approached Daehyun. Junhyung exhaled softly and looked in the direction Gikwang and Zelo were heading, biting his lower lip as he slowly began to follow.

"Do you still have his number?" Gikwang asked as they walked outside. Zelo nodded and grabbed his cellphone quickly, going into his contact's list and choosing Yongguk's number. He put the phone on speaker and listened to the phone ring for 4 times before picking up.

"...Zelo..." Yongguk said into the phone, his voice husky, hesitant and cautious.

"Hyung..." Zelo said, furrowing softly. His own voice was shaky and it was obvious he's crying. "...Please...Forget about the things I've done...Let's just focus on Daehyun..."

"...Zelo, what do you mean? Why'd you call me like this? What do you want...?"

"We want Daehyun out of this." Gikwang said and sighed. "I'm Gikwang..."

"Gikwang? Ah...Gikwang, you're not a bad person and I know that...But why are you there with them?"

"Why am I here? Because they took me in a hostage." Gikwang responded, scrunching his nose a little. "Them...whom I thought were my friends...took me in and treated me as their pawn." He shook his head. "I want out of this. And if it means arresting the man I love with them...so be it." Zelo frowned and squeezed Gikwang's shoulder.

"So what you're saying is that you want to help us rescue Daehyun?" A new voice said. Zelo recognized it and couldn't help but smile. Kai. Yongguk teamed up with EXO. That was a smart move.

"Me and Gikwang are. We're willing to help you guys...I know I lost your guys' trust, but please...Help me get Daehyun out of the mess I caused. I know we're over, Yongguk, and I understand that completely. But I think Daehyun is dying! His wound is infected and he barely looks alive." Zelo said and sniffed, gripping his shirt. "He needs to get out of here..."

"I know, Zelo." Yongguk replied, his voice  soothing. "...We'll help you guys. The trust issue will be put aside, but we need to work together in order to save Daehyun's life. Now...where are you guys?"

"Just outside of Busan." A new voice said. Gikwang and Zelo whirled around, shocked as they as Junhyung walking towards them. "We're just outside of Busan...In the large, white warehouse with 5 black vans parked in the driveway."

"Junhyung...?" Gikwang said softly, his eyebrows furrowing. Junhyung looked at him and smiled a little, reaching up to caress his cheek.

"Mianhae, Gikwang...I never should have treated you like I did...Forgiveness will be earned, I know. But just know that I'm sorry, and that I love you." He said. Zelo smiled as Gikwang gave in and hugged Junhyung tightly.

"Alright...We'll be there in 15 minutes. For God's sake, Zelo, get Daehyun out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter