Final

Escape

It was beautiful. The way the white-pink flowers blew along with the breeze. The cherry blossoms contrasted with the many shades of gray the sky was made of. The wispy clouds rolled in quickly, indicating that a rain shower was approaching. Not a soul was around, and she was thankful for this. This was her own getaway when life became a burden. She came here whenever the useless voices nagged at her. They told her to get her life together. She tried, but it was frustrating when the pieces were scattered. 

A sudden, light wind flew through her short hair. Casually and slowly walking under the shadows, the girl stopped as a certain tree catched her eye. It was hard to miss when all she saw was a blob of blue hair. It seemed so out of place. Underneath, layed a boy. His age was undefined as he remained faraway, but still he was close enough for her to see a mask on the ground beside him. Maybe he wore it all the time to hide his imperfections, but here he felt like he didn't have to hide himself away. She could tell he was asleep, too. His long arms were crossed and his head layed against the bark of the tree. How did he find this place? Maybe he had the same intentions as her. There was a possibility that this idea was true. She didn't know him, though. She didn't know his story. Yet, an ever-growing curiosity struck her.
 
She blinked, and when she did, he was gone from her sight. Did he notice her? With her heart beating quickly, she turned around expecting a young boy to be behind her but, there was nothing other than the rows and rows of blossoming trees. The wind picked up, and the fallen cherry blossom flowers swirled in the currents. When they finally reached the ground, she realized that she was alone again. It became dead silent except for her heavy breathing. That's when she heared the sound of quick footsteps behind her, like frantic running. A flash of blue in the pink sea catched her eye again. Was he there the whole time? Scoffing, she knows she scared him off. Maybe he, too, thought that this was his place. A place to get away when the strident voices told him to change, to act the way he was supposed to.