Into The Act II

Mortal Enemies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was Monday morning, they were at school, and Jonghyun was already fuming with rage because of Taemin’s news. Taemin thought that it was the worst, but as always, he was wrong. So wrong.

 

“Well, well, well. Look at what we have here,” said a sweet voice behind them. He turned around and saw the person he least wanted to see right now: Suzy.

 

WHAT IS SHE DOING HERE?! He thought, his eyes wide and glaring.

 

“Good morning Taemin,” Suzy greeted, smirking. She was with two other girls: one with a bright pink hair, and another one that shockingly looks like Minzy.

 

Taemin stood up and arranged his expression to make it indifferent. He seemed to succeed because in an instant, the smirk on Suzy’s face faded away.

 

“Good Morning, Suzy. What brought you here?” Taemin asked dully. He was exerting much effort to maintain this emotion on his face; his instincts were pushing him to strangle the life out of Suzy right now.

 

“Oh nothing, I’m just checking out the school,” she replied, smirking. “My new school.”

 

“Bwoh? Your… New school?” Taemin surprisedly asked, forgetting his supposed bored demeanor.

 

“Yes, Taemin. My new school,” Suzy repeated, smirking more widely. "I asked my parents if I can transfer  to my future husband's school, and they agreed. So here I am."

 

It took a while for Taemin’s neurons to fully process Suzy’s statement; and when he did, she was already busy interrogating someone else: Jonghyun.

 

“So… Jonghyun,” Suzy started. “How are you related to Taemin? Cousins? Because I saw that you two are… Close?”

 

“Well, we’re definitely not cousins, no…” Jonghyun started, “We’re actually – “

 

“FRIENDS. JUST CLOSE FRIENDS.” Taemin hurriedly finished Jonghyun’s sentences.Jonghyun, cooperate with me! He pleaded in his head.

 

“Oh really,” Suzy said, raising one of her eyebrows. “But it seems to me that Jonghyun wants to say something else… Am I right, Jjong?” Suzy flashed a hideous fake smile at Jonghyun’s direction.

 

“Uhrmnnnn…” Jonghyun said, looking confused. Taemin, on the other hand, quickly gave him a meaningful glare.

 

PLEASE JONGHYUN. NO. He thought, trying to speak with his eyes.

 

“We’re… Yeah. Just… Friends.” Jonghyun’s face greatly fell as he make this statement; he looks as if he was in deep pain. Taemin couldn’t help but feel guilty of Jonghyun’s feelings – it was, in the first place, his fault.

 

“Oh really,” Suzy started once again, but this time looking disappointed and smug. “I thoug - ” But before Suzy was able to tell them all what she thought, a deep manly voice suddenly boomed from a far corner.

 

“Yobo!”

 

Taemin’s heart suddenly jerked violently. No matter how he hates it, it was a voice that he would never fail to recognize: Minho’s.

 

“Yobo!” Minho repeated louder.

 

Taemin’s head turned quickly to where he thought the voice was coming from; and true enough, Minho was there, waving at him.

 

“Yobo!” Minho called once more, now with an underlying disappointment in his voice. “Didn’t you miss me?”

 

Taemin’s knew that his heart was on the brink of exploding. It was beating unbelievably fast he cannot ample air to breathe normally. His mouth was beginning to dry, and his hands were as cold as ice.

 

Control it, Taemin! He said to himself, clenching his fists. Jonghyun’s here!

 

Jonghyun is here.

 

Taemin’s heart seemed to abruptly stop beating. Jonghyun is here. His boyfriend, his love; his yobo. He quickly turned his head back from where it was facing a little while ago, and what he saw crushed his heart – Jonghyun was there, dumbstruck, staring at him with a cold, hurt stare.

 

Taemin wanted to retract. He wanted to explain everything to Jonghyun again, to assure Jonghyun of his love. But then, he knew couldn’t – he just couldn’t. Taemin then met Jonghyun’s cold stare with a strong, empathic one; This is for us, Yobo. I’m sorry.

 

Taemin was still staring into Jonghyun’s eyes when he felt strong arms wrap around his torso. The hug was coming from behind him, but his body immediately recognized the person who could give him this feeling. For a moment, Taemin was thoroughly intoxicated with Minho – his smell, his lips and breath on his neck, his hands on his belly. Jonghyun was suddenly missing in his mind, in his heart. It was just Minho and him at that moment… Well, until Suzy came in.

 

“OPPA!” Suzy suddenly shrieked.

 

Her screamed popped Taemin’s temporary heaven. Once again, Jonghyun reentered his memory, pushing him to forcibly work his way out of Minho’s hug. Minho, however, looks like he had no plans of letting him go – his arms were locked around Taemin as a bank’s vault. Temin, on the other hand, still insisted for a while, but after he realized that he is just no match for Minho’s power, he stopped. He just didn’t let his eyes wander in Jonghyun’s direction, for he knows that if he sees him, slitting his wrist won’t really be a bad option.

 

“OPPA! STOP THAT!” Suzy shrieked again, now charging towards them. Taemin was convinced that he saw a murderous glint in her eyes.

 

“Ya. Stop it,” Minho said in a very cold voice, making Suzy stop in her tracks.

 

“Bwoh? Stop?” Suzy replied, looking abashed. “Me? Stop? When you’re publicly showing affection with that – “

 

“Yes, you stop,” Minho said seriously, fiercely. This is the first time Taemin saw Minho act like this – yes, they have been fighting for the longest time, and he has seen him angry many times before, but this is different. It feels like Suzy had hit something in Minho that triggered him to be more than angry – to be dangerous.

 

“B-bwoh?” Suzy said, tears slowly welling in her hazel eyes. Maybe she also felt that air of danger in Minho’s voice.

 

Minho turned Taemin inside his hug – from looking away from Minho awhile ago, Taemin was now looking at him square in the face. It actually made Taemin twitch – being this close to Minho – but he tried to compose himself; he felt that Minho was up to no joke this time. He could feel Minho’s chest rise up and fall down rapidly, as if he just ran a race. He’s really angry, Taemin thought, gulping a large amount of saliva.

 

Minho seemed to notice this, for he tried – though in vain – to change his stance. He took in a lot of air and sighed in an attempt to calm his temper – but Taemin knew he didn’t succeed: he could feel his knuckle tightly clenched behind his back. He then turned to Suzy with a blank yet piercing look.

 

“I said you stop, Bae Suzy, Whatever Taemin and I do in public, you have no right to care. Got it?” Minho said, his eyes narrowing. “And by the way.” He suddenly continued, disgust coloring his stare, “Should you really go this far just to get me?”

 

Taemin looked at Suzy, who surprised him. Every make-up on her face was already smudged, and the two girls she’s with was already massaging her back, though their stares were sharp on them.

 

"Well, goodluck then. Yobo, let's go." Minho said, smirking as he led the way out. His arm was the only one driving Taemin's feet to actually walk: Taemin just saw Jonghyun - and he just knew it was over.

 

*     *     *

 

"LET ME GO!" Taemin shrieked, trying to free himself from Minho's hold.

 

"Shut up and calm down squirt, we're almost there," Minho hissed quietly, his face serious.

 

They were cruising a long corridor in the fourth floor of their old Science building, and Taemin was determined to get away from Minho before they even 'there'.

 

"Where the hell are we going? This building is condemned you pabo, condemned!" Taemin shrieked once again, forcing to get his wrist out of Minho's metal hand.

 

"Oh just shut up. Of course I know, you little rascal, I'm older than you, remember? Here, go inside," Minho commanded Taemin when a door appeared.

 

"NO!" Taemin shouted in vain, still resisting Minho. He was now thrashing violently to get what he wants.

 

"FOR MY SHOES' SAKE - ARG - " Minho's face got hit squarely by one of Taemin's knuckles. For a second, Taemin thought he was winning this battle - well, until Minho became The Hulk.

 

"JUST ING GET IN!" Minho shouted, forcing Taemin inside. Taemin felt like a plastic bag drifting through the wind - or a tornado, maybe.

 

With a loud thud, Taemin landed inside -first just as the door was closed.

 

"AIGOO. When did you become so hard, Lee Taemin?!" Minho said, wiping sweat on his forehead.

 

"Why did you bring me here?!" Taemin, who is still on the floor, blamingly asked Minho while he caress his sore .

 

A second of silence was spared before Minho answered.

 

"Why are you with Jonghyun?" he asked, his gaze alternating from Taemin and the floor.

 

"Bwoh?" Taemin said, not comprehending Minho. "Wha - "

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter