Encounter at the Café

Waiting on the Other Side

Chap 7

Jinyoung POV:

I logged onto the computer again, anxiously opening the chat window to see if Min Ah was online.

But she wasn't.

WHYYYYYYYYYYY....................

She hasn't been online for 3 days, while she is usually online everyday.

This is all your fault Jinyoung.  Why did you have to go and ask her that stupid question.  Stupid.

"Pabo," I muttered, hitting the side of my head with my fist, "pabo pabo PABO PABOOOO...." I whined.

Right then, my umma kicked open the door, causing me to fall off my seat in surprise.

"JINYOUNG. GET YOUR  AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER. YOU SPEND TOO MUCH TIME ON IT!!  USE YOUR TIME MORE WISELY...YOU SHOULD GET--"

"A job," I moaned, finishing her sentence.  She has been constantly bugging me to get a job, saying that I should earn my own money instead of always depending on my parents' money.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not the kind of person to mooch off of my parents' fortune, its just that...well...I have no motivation to go get a job :/  I got picked myself up from the floor and turned to face my Umma, who had gone silent.  She was grinning at me with a smile that seemed too wide to be possible.

"So you know that you should get a job~~ Then I guess I can call the manager that you'll start working her Sunday shifts in the morning then!"

"Wait, WHAT!?" What the hell is going on?? When did I ever have a job? Or more so, when did I even APPLY for a job?!!  And plus...Sunday I have tutoring with Min Ah.... > <

She turned around. "Hohohoho~~my Jinnie is so cute!" she giggled,"don't worry about your tutor, I phoned her and changed your tutoring to right after your shift!"

Oh. So she's already changed my plans even before I gave her the consent to >->

AND I'M NOT CUTE. I'M MANLY AND HANDSOME.

But at least I still have Min as a tutor? XP  I waved my hand in the air, ushering her to leave the room. "Umma,arasso."

She began to close the door behind her, until I heard "Fufufu~ can't wait to see what you look like in their uniform~~"

What. uniform?.......!!  I caught the door right before she closed it entirely. Umma looked up at me with questioning eyes.

"What is it, Jinyoung?"

"Where, exactly.....am I working?"

A cheeky smile crept onto her face.  "Ohohoho~~ Jin, you're working as a waiter at a café!!"

Say what.  I stood there in a state of shock, as Umma swiftly turned around, stopped and turned to face me again.

"Oh! I forgot to tell you, your tutor from now on will be waiting  for you after your shifts, since its not so gentleman-ly to let her walk to someone else's house without them actually being home~fufufu..."

She turned around, and went to call the manager.

 

I guess I'm employed?

 

Min Ah POV:

-Sunday morning-

Jinyoung's umma just called, saying that I should meet him at a café then go to his house from there from now on.

O_o

Well then, I guess I woke up early for nothing.

I logged online for the first time in 4 days, since my internet had been cut off because the company was being a retard.  And Jin was offline.

Should I have replied?  But I mean, what was I SUPPOSED TO SAY? That I did love him?

....

I felt the heat rising to my face.  oettokeeeeeeeee

Maybe I should just wait at the café and get some homework done while I wait for Jinyoung.

I started walking to the café, which was not too far from the bus stop where I had got off, when I felt something cling onto the hem of my shirt.

"N-noona...." said a little boy with tears in his eyes.

SO CUTE.  I bent down to his level and patted his head.

"What's wrong?" I asked, his big watery eyes staring at me.

"Umma......I can't find my ummaaaaaa WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" he cried, as he started bawling his eyes out.

Waahh...oettoke...so cute...but so sad D:

In the end, I helped find his umma, who was just as anxious as he was.

"Kamsahamnida! Jincha...." the mother said, as she brought her son into her arms.

"No problem." I said goodbye to them, then realized I had no idea where I was anymore.  Great.

"Ah! Wait!!" I yelled after the son and mother.  They turned around, surprise on their faces.

"Yes? What is it?" the lady replied.

"Well...I was wondering if you could show me where this café is..."

To my luck, they did know where it was.  They lead me to the entrance, and waved at one of the waiters inside.

"That's my older son," she said, smiling.

I looked at the guy she was waving to, and he had to be at least my age.  I looked back at the lady, who looked relatively young.  SHIZZ, she already has a son that old????

Her son inside the café noticed, and started walking to the entrance, where we were standing.  He pushed open the door, and looked at me with wide eyes.

"You??" he gasped.

"....you know me?" I asked, cuz I was sure as hell I didn't know who he was.

"Oh..uh....ahni..." he said, as he turned away to face his mother.

"What are you doing here, umma?" he said.

"This young lady helped find your dongsaeng who got lost on the street...and I helped her find this place," she chimed, gesturing to the café we were standing infront of,"you should thank her, Jung Hwan."

I took a closer look, and I realized.

HE LOOKS LIKE SANDEUL FROM B1A4 SAJDIOSFHDUGDF;GH

-fangirls-

That's what I was like in the inside.  I turned away, trying to hold my inner fangirl in me so I wouldn't seem like a spazzing freak.

"Oh. Thank you then," he nodded.

"Y-yeah!" I stuttered unitentionally.

"Are you gonna come inside?" he asked cheerfully.  He opened the door for me, and once I stepped inside, I noticed one thing.

This café had only girl customers.

Why?  Apparently they only hired male waiters who were handsome (I couldn't deny that), thus all the girls werehere to get some eyecandy.  I spotted a seat in the corner by a open window, and slid my way through the tables and chairs.

I wouldn't say that the café was like a ghosttown, but it wasn't particularily busy either.  The waiters seemed like they had no motivation-- like they were forced to do their job.

"Here you go," said a waiter blandly to a customer, sliding her order onto table.

"Kamsahaminda..." she blushed.  But, the waiter didn't care, and lumbered away.  Since there was not that much business, he sat down on one of the chairs and rubbed his eyes tiredly.

"Hyung.....I'm tired...this is so boring," he yawned, when I guy with round eyes and a cap patted his head and took a seat beside him.

"But you just started your shift not too long ago,"his hyung replied.

"YAH," came a shout from the kitchen.

A lady with small eyes, who wasn't particularily short or tall, fat or skinny, pretty or.....lacking luster.

The two waiters quickly shot up and saluted her.

"Yei, manager Jung!"

"Aish~I told you to call me Miss Juri~" she cooed, her attitude  turning 360 degrees from before.

"M-m-miss Juri," they said forcefully, one of their eyes twitching.

"That's better!" she chimed, smiling wide so you could barely see her eyes,as she went to reach for their cheeks, but they gracefully dodged her hand.  Her smile hardened.

"NOW GO HELP THE CUSTOMERS! Its because you guys are always slacking off that this place is never as busy as the café a few blocks down!! Now chop-chop, GET TO WORK and help.....HER!" she shrieked, pointing in my direction.

Wait, me?  I instinctively pointed at myself, with a clueless expression on my face.  A glimmer appeared in both the waiters' eyes, and also the manager's.  They stared in my direction, when a light bulb appeared on top of the manager's head.

"I KNOW!" she said aloud, pointing an index finger towards the ceiling.  In a split second, she was right in front of me, inspecting me all over, making me feel quite self concious.

"W-what is it...?" I asked awkwardly.  Her head flicked up.

"YOU!" she spat in my face," are perfect."  A sly smile made way onto her face, as she dragged me into the "employees only" room.  We zipped past the kitchen, and I swear I saw someone that looked similar to Jinyoung....but that couldn't be him, right?  Why would he need to work?  He seems pretty filthy rich.  The manager slammed the door behind us.

"Um...yes?" I squeaked.

She took a step forward, rubbing her hands together.  I took a step back.

"M-miss... is there a problem?"

"Ani," she said, taking a step forward, a sly smile plastered on her face.

"Then...how could I...help..you---"

"PLEASE BE A WAITRESS HERE," she pleaded, clasping her hands together, looking at me with wide (ish) eyes.

"Uh......"

"One day! Just one day!  I want to see how it goess! Just one day..ONE DAY." Her pleading suddenly turned into an order.

"But....why?"

She did a dramatic turn, looked up into the distance, and sighed.  "My café hasn't been as popular as it used to be...not as many customers come, and I guess the fact that I only have waiters is getting old....Because my café is always being hidden in the shadows of the other café (her face became dark for a split second)......I need your help to see if my plan will work! PLEASEEE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEPLEAAAASE....." she said, as she turned around once more, her hands clasped together.

"What's your plan?" I asked.

She let out a little laugh, and began.  "Instead of having a café with only waiters, I will have waitresses as well, so that it will attract the attention of the male customers and not only the female customers."  She gave a quick glance at me, and continued on. "You know....I think that you are one pretty girl....so I want YOU (she turns around abruptly and points a finger at me) to be one of my waitresses~! Simple, right?"

I stared back at her.  She seemed so exited and enthusiastic about the whole thing, my nature couldn't resist but want to help.

"Uhm....what do I have to do?"

From behind her, she pulled out a waitress costume.  "Put this on," she grinned.

....The hell did she get that from??  She shoved me into the ladies' bathroom with the uniform, and locked me in.

"Hurry up and try it on!!" she shouted from outside the door.

I sighed.  Why me??? There are a bunch of prettier girls out there. I looked at the outfit. If I put this on, it'd be the girliest thing I've in my life.  Then again, I'm not very girly.  I sighed again,imagining how out of place it would look on me.  Maybe I shouldn't have agreed.  BUt then again, if I didn't my guilt would have already killed me.

After changing, I quietly unlocked the door to find her standing right in front of it.

"AIGOOOOOO~ SO WONDERFUL!!" she cheered, so loudly that the other waiters came to check what had pleased the manager.

"Manager, what happene....woah."  They stopped in their tracks and gawked at me. Did I really look that repulsive?  The manager had her hands on her cheeks, as the waiters eyes me up and down.  The Sandeul look-a-like was even looking me up and down.  I tried to hide my blush.

"Yah what are you guys doing," said a familiar voice," get back to work and give the orders to the custome--woah."

He also stopped dead in his tracks, and gawked at me.

...

...

....

WHY IN THE WORLD IS HE WORKING HERE???

 

- - - - - - -    - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - -     - - - - - - - - - - - -     - - - -- - - - 

Hey guys!  How was it?  Sorry for not having any jinxmin convo in this chappie :/

Thanks so much to my new subbiesss:

+ taemoppa-               + Indarindina               + Misosouppie          + iumika

+ MapleDumplings        + SHINeeXBeast_bias     + FrUtle                   + nadiabellanb

+ eunmay_taelene        + HaiAmalia                 + heytherenoona       + prettyu003

+ martianvenus           + Aliencookie                + christmasplush       +WeLveAnime

 

And muchos gracias to ALL my subscribers ^ ^

         ^rofl I'm weird...I don't even know if thats correct...prolly not >->

If you haven't already, please subscribe and comment! I love to read each and every one of your guys' comments, so it'd be much appreciated!! :DD

 

 

Rawr. why hello again.  I'm running out of things to say right here...maybe I should stop doing this and stop wasting your time ahahaha

I wonder how many people atually read my perosnal comments at the end of each chapter ahahaha XDD