kimchi fried rice~

Waiting on the Other Side

Chap 19

MinAh POV:

Hm. Who knew that Jinyoung would know how to cook? But I guess even a 5 year old could make a pack of ramen---I shouldn't flatter him too much. While I ate, I could feel Jinyoung's eyes on me.  Am I really that interesting when I eat? Why do I suddenly feel so self conscious all of a sudden? I tried to avert my thoughts away from this idea so I could eat without worrying, and decided to just continue eating my food.  I kept my head down for the whole time, thinking that Jinyoung would get bored and do something else.  But that didn't happen. Using my peripheral vision, I took a glance at Jinyoung, who was resting his chin against his palm, smiling at me eating.  A cold shiver went down my spine.  Is it just me, or does Jinyoung seem a little...creepy right now? I quickly refocused on the ramen, trying to ignore his stare. Should I look up? Maybe then he'll realize that he's staring and stop.  Yeah. That seems about right.  After another mouthful of ramen, I prepared myself to look up.  Ready? 1....2.....3---

4......5....

WHY CAN'T I LOOK UP? I  mentally beat myself in the head for being such a chicken that can't even make eye contact with the person infront of me. Since this plan failed, I decided I should just focus on eating, you know, give my full respect to the food that he made me.

After finishing the last sip in the bowl, Jinyoung finally spoke up.

"Was it good?" he asked.  Now that he had spoken up, I didn't feel as awkward as to when he was staring a hole into my forehead.

"Ne," I said, looking up for the first time in who knows how long.

His face suddenly seemed to brighten at my word, and a wide grin made way onto his face. Was he actually so happy that he can make ramen? Wow, this kid is so easy to please.  I chuckled to myself.  Something about him makes it comfortable to be around him (with the exception of when he's staring at you), and makes you want to know him better, want to make him have that same smile on his face.

"You're...not hungry?" I asked him, wondiering if that was the reason why he was staring at me eating.  It didn't really make sense, since if he was also hungry, he could have simply made another pack of ramen for himself.

"Huh? Oh Ani..." he replied.

Like it was on cue, a low growl came from his direction.  His face turned a dark pink, and he smiled sheepishly. Keke. What a dork. XD

"Jinja?" I teased.  I got up from my seat, carrying the empty bowl to the sink while I was at it.

"Hm...Let's see," I whispered to myself, and started opening cabinets, the pantry, the refridgerator, scavaging for food that was other than packs and packs of instant noodles.

"W-what are you doing?" he asked, obviously still embarassed from his stomach.

"Since you made me food, its my turn to make you something to eat."

"Eh? Ani, its alright..."

"No its not," I said, standing firm. "I don't see why you didn't make yourself some food while you made mine."

"Well..." he trailed off.

Most of the food was in the fridge where I found some onions, kimchi, garlic, some gochujang, and eggs.  Hm. I guess I can make some kimchi fried rice then.  It is simple, but still (should be) delicious.

"Well...?" I said, waiting for him to finish his sentence.

"I-- aish its nothing, really."

"Come on, spit it out," I urged, finding the rice and popping it into the rice cooker after the necessary preparations.  I heard no response, so I decided to ask again.  "Well?" 

"I was too busy making food for you that I didn't realize I was hungry myself," he muttered, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Eh?" I looked up from what I was doing, seeing Jinyoung looking at me.  But once our eyes met, he quickly looked back down.

"Sounds cheesy, right?" he chuckled, embarassed.

"A-Ani," I stuttered," its..sweet." I did in fact think it was sweet. A person that can be so focused for the well being of others they forget about themselves. Keke. How cute.

"I'll make you a good meal," I said confidently.

"I'm counting on it," he smiled.

: : :

Once the rice was cooked, I dumped it into the frying pan with the other ingredients to make the fried rice.

"I'm hungryy~~" whined Jinyoung from the kitchen nook.

"Be patient! I'm making food for you!" Truthfully, I was afraid that it would take too long, but for some reason, I wanted to make him something...special.  From behind me, I heard quiet footsteps from behind me, thinking that Jinyoung was coming himself to speed up his order.  But surprisingly, he didn't.

"Do you need any help?" he asked.  He propped his arm on my shoulder so that his arm was basically around me. His body was close to mine, and for the first time I noticed how good he smelled. I felt my cheeks warm up, at the thought of him.  Aish, MinAh, why are you thinking about these things?? 

"A-Ani." I tried to concentrate on the pan as I poured some kimchi sauce and gochujang onto the rice. Although the stove was already radiating quite a lot of heat, I was pretty sure that wasn't the only reason why I felt so warm inside.

We stayed in that position for a while--his arm slung over my shoulder, and I, just making his food.  I don't think he was actually focusing on what I was making, but was staring out the kitchen window to the right, humming some tune.  Over the hissing and noise of the ventilator, I listened more intently to what exactly was the tune he was humming to.  It was hard at first, but taking in account that he was pretty close to me, I was able to tell what song it was after a short period of time. I figured out that the song he was humming was none other than B1A4's "Only Learnt the Bad Things".

"Do..you like B1A4?" I asked, trying to start up the conversation between us.

He stopped humming, and I could feel his eyes turn and focus on me, as I continued to keep my head down. "They're alright."

I nodded in response, and the silence between us returned as he looked out the window again.  "....I like them too."

He gave out a little sigh. "I know...especially that Sandeul person, am I right?" There was a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"Hm? How do you know--oh." I suddenly remembered that I had told this to my online friend Jin, and remembered that the person that was so close to me was actually him.

"Have you forgotten who I am?" he teased, leaning his face closer to mine.

"Of course not."  I leaned away from his sudden closeness, and saw a smirk across his face before he leaned back away from me.  His arm slid off of my shoulder, and he proceeded in leaning against the counter.

"There's a member in B1A4 with the same name as me, did you know that?"

"Of course I do!" I said.  I was a pretty big fan of them, how could I not know all of their names?  He was the handsome, charming leader of the group, and was also second to Sandeul when it came to biases.

"Do...you think he's...well, handsome?" he asked, sounding  slightly hesitant.  I looked over at him, wondering why he asked this type of question.  In response, he cleared his throat. "I'm...I'm just curious."

 "He's...okay I guess," I answered.  I was telling the truth, since I thought Sandeul was the most handsome. So in respects to Sandeul, he was okay when it came to looks.

"I see."

Silence followed after this, but he suddenly spoke again.

"So. Then...um..what do you think of me?"

"Bwoh?" I asked, a little confused by his vague question.

"What I mean is...what do you think of me? As in...my looks?"

I glanced at him from the corner of my eye, and I could tell he seemed to be really anticipating my answer.  I chuckled to myself, is my opinion really that important to him?

"You?" I said, poking at his patience.

"Yea."

"Hmm..." I turned off the fire, and gave the fried rice one last toss. I turned to face him and pretended to open my mouth to speak, then closed it. "Hmm..." I thought again.

"Well?" he asked.

"Can you pass me a plate?"

He did so reluctantly, since he was dying to hear my response.

"W-what do you think of me?" he asked again, pressing on.

I scooped the rice off the pan and onto the plate, dragging on time just to annoy Jinyoung.

"Well..."I trailed off.  I gave him another glance, and he was leaning against the counter, perhaps trying to stay cool, but I could clearly see through his act.

"You're...okay, I guess."

"Bwoh??" He sounded quite taken aback.

"Hm? You're not satisfied with my answer?" I teased. I walked to the kitchen nook with the plate of kimchi fried rice as he followed behind me.

"I'm only okay? B-but I'm so handsome!"

"I guess~"

"Yah! What do you mean by that?"  Suddenly, a hand turned me around by the shoulders, causing me to stumble back and lean against the kitchen island.  Jinyoung's two hands rest against both the counter on either side of me, trapping me infront of him.  I felt the blood rush to my cheeks as he slowly extended his arms from the counter to make his face level with mine.

"Why are you blushing?" he smirked.  It wasn't one of those bad boy smirks, but a smirk that somehow was somehow innocent at the same time, if that is even possible. "Am I that handsome to make you blush?" Boy, does he seem to be having fun with this.

"A-ani," I stuttered, lowering my head to avoid eye contact.

"Aah jinja~ You're stuttering so much today...am I really that handsome to make you stutter, MInAh?" he said in a soft voice, leaning closer.

I bit my lip, not wanting to speak and stutter again, since I knew I would. But I also knew that not speaking would get me know where.

"Y-yah..!" I stuttered again, my attempt at sounding threatening being a failure.

"Hm? What is it, MinAh?" he smirked again.  His face was inches away from mine, his body warmth surrounding me. His closeness made my heart beat faster, and each look I took at his eyes, made it skip a beat.  Why is this happening? What is this feeling?  Its not that I didn't like it, it was actually the contrary...Aish, what are you thinking, MinAh? 

As we were all caught up in this moment, I guess we didn't hear the key turn in the door.

"JINYOUNGIEE, I'M HOMEE-- omo!"

=====================================================

Hello~ How was the update? I think next update they will have another online chat...that hasn't happened for a while :P Oh have you seen the poster for this fanfic? ISN'T IT WONDERFUL?? :D Thanks so much to redocean- for making it, its the best! ^TT^

Thanks to my new subscribers:

 JessieAngLalala           ❀ KpopMusic___      ❀ yayawantsmore     ❀ raspberryfield        ❀pinkwings_jung18        ❀ mypinkypromise     ❀iHEARTfishyy

❀Lee_Hani                     ❀RedStar                ❀ Nikee_Vuee          ❀angelemote22       ❀ pinkelephants             ❀ hamstii007             ❀sei350

 cheeky_anjel

And MUAAH~~ to all my readers and subscribers XD

 

  I know this is a liiittle bit random, but I made a first video on my youtube channel! Some of you may know that I play the violin, and the video is a violin cover of an FT Island song. Which song? Click the link below to find out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHAbWXlNWGI&feature=channel_video_title

I know its not the best since it was pretty much a spur of the moment video and I didn't practice it much >.>  Please comment, like, and subscribe to my video/channel? haha XD 

 

*noms* Did you know if you highlight this part, its easier to read? I hope you guys have been doiing that, since ithis bright font is really hard on the eyes and I'll feel bad ): That is, if you read this at all XD