Ramen

Waiting on the Other Side

Jinyoung POV:

After work, MinAh and I went back to my house. For what? Dat's right. TUTORING :D

I calmly unlocked the front door with MinAh behind me, although I was pretty much jumping up and down with excitement in the inside.  I kicked off my shoes and closed the door behind MinAh, the two of us alone in the house.  Umma was out of the house for...who knows what reason, and only the sounds MinAh soft breathing and my strangely loud heartbeat could be heard echoing off the marble tiles. 

"Uh..should we go up?" I asked casually.

She followed behind me, humming a familiar tune. What was it? I know its by B1A4, but the name of the song. I put my hand on the door handle, wondering if my room was clean enough to be seen today.

"You are the only one...."she softly sang.

I stopped dead in my tracks, causing her to bump into me. I suddenly remembered the audio conversation with Min, who is actually the girl standing behind me.  I sang "Only One" to the girl behind me, and...is she singing it to me as well?

 

"Y-yah! Why'd you stop all of a--"

"M-minAh..did you just say I was the 'Only One'?" I asked, trying my best to keep my cool, but apparently my voice had to crack at that moment.  Fortunately, she seemed to be paying more attention to my words and not my voice, and didn't seem to take notice of that.

"B-bwoh??" she stuttered. "Ani! Its a song you...you pabo! Aish..."

She pushed me away from the door handle and welcomed herself into my room. But then, she paused, her hand still on the doorknob. " You should know better than anyone its only a song," she added.

Something didn't seem right.  A small ache suddenly appeared above my chest.  Why did those words sound so...so cold? What does she mean by those words..."its only a song"...? I furrowed my brow, wondering why that sentence made me feel so strange, like something wasn't right. Any normal person would have felt the tension building up in the room, and I decided that it'd be a good idea to not let it build up even more. I cleared my throat, breaking the momentary silence between us.

"So. What are we doing today?" I said awkwardly.

"Hm. Doesn't matter. I'm prepared for anything you throw at me," she replied confidently, taking out the book from her bag and placing them on my table.

I chuckled, but of course she didn't see, since her back was facing me. "But aren't you the teacher? You should be the one telling me what to do."

She turned around and crossed her arms. "Fine. Then we'll do some physics today,"she said in a way that I'm guessing she was trying to intimidate me. Unfortunately, it gave off a cute appearance more than a threatening one.

I sat back in my chair as she scrambled through her bags retrieving a few papers and a text book. 

"Let's see what you know first."

She slapped a worksheet infront of me. I scanned through the paper and could basically answer every single question in my head, but hey, she's my tutor right?

"I don't get it. Teach me,"I said.

"You don't know anything? Not even this one?" she asked as she pointed to the simplest question.

"Ani," I lied,"shouldn't you help me understand it since you're my tutor?" I gazed into her eyes, but she quickly looked away.

"Uh. Yea. Sure. Right," she blinked.  She scooted her chair closer to mine, her body leaning closer towards my direction.  She smelled sweet, like strawberries. I smiled, and scooted a little close to her.

 

 

"...and that's why it has to be the force of friction keeping it from sliding off the road."

I barely listened to what she was saying, I was...distracted. By her voice? Of...of COURSE NOT. *Ahem*

"Yah. Jinyoung. Were you even listening?"

"Of course!" I lied.

She gave me a skeptical look. "Then try this question," she said, pointing to the last question on the page, which was supposed to be the hardest question.  Luckily, I knew how to do everything even before she taught me, so I finished the question in a flash.  While I was showing my work for the question (even though I could have done all the calculations in my head), she rummaged through her bag, and took out a bag of chips. How much could she carry in that bag?? She looked up at me as she crunched on a chip while I was staring at her wondering if her bag was like Hermoine's in Harry Potter.

"What," she said, still munching on chips.

"Nothing," I said, as I turned back to finish showing my work.

"You want one?" she asked, taking out a chip.

"...can I?"

"Ani~" she teased, and stuffed the whole chip into , grinnng. How cute.

I threw down my pencil, finally finished showing all that stupid work for that single simple question. "Fine, don't give me one," I sighed.  The sound of crunching stopped and I met her eyes. Was that...guilt in her eyes? Kekeke.

"Bwoh?" I said.

"Nothing."  With that, she took the paper from my desk and checked it over. She pouted a little and put the paper back down while picking up her bag of chips.

"Have one," she said quietly.

"Why?" I smirked.

A pink tint rose to her cheeks. "Aish. Just take it!" she partially yelled, and shoved the bag towards me with an extended arm. She wasn't looking at me, but rather at the floor.

"Arasso," I said, and grabbed the bag from her.

"Yah! I said take one! Not the whole bag!" she whined.

"You said to take 'it' while shoving the whole bag at me," I defended myself. I leaned back, and started munching on the chips, watching her lower lip stick out. Hehe. Teasing her is so much fun.

"But I'm hungry..." she mumbled.  She lifted her feet onto the chair, resting her head on her knees.

Eh? She's hungry? I twang of guilt welled up inside of me. Why didn't she say so in the first place?

"Jeez..Wh-why are you eating chips in the first place? So unhealthy.." I said, trying to apologize, if that could even be considered an apology. I glanced at her hugging her knees, pouting like a small child. The beating of my heart suddenly grew a lot louder in my ears.  I had the urge to care for her, look after her.

"Aish. Follow me, I'll make you something to eat," I said, pulling her out of her chair.

"B-bwoh? Y-you don't have to.." she replied shyly.

"Yes I do," I mumbled to myself.

: :

"Sit over there," I ordered, as I rummaged through the cupboards for anything edible. She queitly obeyed my orders, and sat down by the breakfast nook.  Sadly, I could only find a pack of ramen to make her, but I guess that'll have to do.  I got out the pot and boiled some water when I noticed her staring at me. Why do I feel so self concious right now?

"Are you cooking? For me?" she asked in a surprised tone.

"I-is that a problem?" I questioned.

"Ani," she giggled. She kicked her feet back and forth, resting her head on her fists.

I turned back to the boiling water and dropped the pack of dry noodles in.  I felt so much pressure...what if this tastes bad? Its pretty hard for instant noodles to taste bad, but if it does, what will she think of me? There suddenly was a huge amount of stress that formed inside of me, but a good type of stress.  I wanted to impress her, even if it was the simple task of making instant noodles.

Once my cooking was finished, I carefully carried the pot to MinAh, where she was waiting patiently, but eagerly.

She opened the lid and peered in. "It looks safe enough to eat," she stated.

"Yah, do you not have any faith in my cooking?" I retorted, slightly disheartened.

"Hehe, ani."

I handed her a pair of chopsticks as she dug in. I analyzed her face, trying to tell what her reaction would be.

"I-is it good?" I asked anxiously. She looked up and blinked, and proceeded to smile.

"Not bad," she grinned, and began eating it quickly.

A wave of relief washed over me.  Does that mean my cooking is a success? Even though it was only ramen, she seems to be satisfied with it. I leaned my head against my palm and watched her eat.  And if you're wondering, NO, its not creepy. (right...) She ate in silence, and her attention never averted from the bowl of noodles, which made me feel a bit unhappy, but I lived with it.

...

Did I ever mention how cute she looked eating?

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  -

WooOo~ how was it? hehe ^ ^; Sorry if the ideas don't really flow together...):

Thanks to my new subscribers:

~fyx4avaa10yearSs           ~sarahsohn77           ~kate_neer                  ~shaz244                 ~aprilbunnyy           ~xchocoxlovex        ~redocean-

 

And guess what? I LOVE ALL MY SUBBIES :DD Thank you for continuing to subscribe even when my updating is not very scheduled, and I know that can be very annoying. Please continue to support my fanfic and I will give it my all to keep writing what pleases you guys :3

If you're one of those readers that haven't subscribed yet, please do so! :D haha and feel free to leave a comment below, I read each and every one of them (:

 

er...want an ice cream sandwich? LOL