The fun begins

Waiting on the Other Side

-Nobody's POV-

"What's happened this time?" Fei whispered to Suzy.

"Molla...she seemed perfectly happy yesterday...." Suzy whispered back.

MinAh sat alone at her desk even though the bell had not yet rung, her brow furrowed.  She had her arms crossed on her desk, glaring daggers(unintentionally) at everyone who met her gaze.  Her aura today was completely different than the surprisingly giddy one she had yesterday, causing her two close friends start to worry whether she was bipolar or not.

"You go!"

"No you go! I went yesterday!" the two friends quarrelled, urging the other to confront MinAh.  With a forceful push, Suzy shoved Fei towards, making Fei topple in front of MinAh awkwardly.  MinAh shifted her glare down towards Fei, a shiver running down Fei's spine. She quickly got up, greeting her with a stiff raise of her hand.

"A-anyeong," Fei said rather robotically, but MinAh didn't seem to notice her rigidness.  Instead, she unfolded her arms and propped her chin in her palm, letting out a quick puff of air.  Suzy quietly walked towards the two, unsure if she should try getting MinAh to talk about her frustrations, or just give her some space.  Before she could decide, the girl in front of her gave her table a powerful punch with both her fists, then proceeding to bang her forehead on the table.  

"AISH,"she screamed as her peers in the classroom turned to give her strange glances. She stomped her feet furiously on the ground like a whining kid, gave her desk a few more punches, and let out a frustrated growl.

Beside her, her two friends witnessed her rage up close, almost paralyzed in shock from what they had seen.  The MinAh they knew was usually a calm person that would rarely get very mad (or frustrated).  Suzy cautiously approached MinAh closer and lightly tapped her shoulder.  Fei was close behind, since she also was worried why MinAh would lose her cool.

"Gwen...chana...?" Suzy asked hesitantly.  MinAh didn't lift her head from her desk, but rather mumbled something into the desk.

"Why him...................."she sulked.

Suzy and Fei exchanged puzzled looks as MinAh beat her fist against the table once more.

"Waeyo.....Why am I so clueless??" MinAh mumbled, almost inaudible to her friends.

MinAh was not angry at Jin...or his new found identity Jinyoung (well, not as much), but was more angry at herself for being so clueless.  It had taken her ages to figure out who his voice sounded like, and she couldn't even imagine how stupid she had seemed in Jinyoung's perspective.  Being clueless was one of the things she disliked the most, especially when she was used to knowing everything, being the top student in the school and all.  She had spent hours and hours talking to a person she technically had some feeling for, just to find out that it was only the guy the she tutors. The more she thought about it, not only was she more she was angry at herself, but also came to realize how creepy Jin(young) seemed.  For a person she thought she barely knew and vice versa, they knew a lot more about each other than she thought.  Almost everyday they would talk about their day, what they liked, what their hobbies were, why they were sad or happy, and the list goes on.  No way would she have thought that the person she talked about everything to would be, well, to keep it short, Jinyoung.  Of all people.

Although she felt slightly creeped out about how much Jinyoung actually knows about her, she felt at the same time relieved.  She was relieved that the person she had been talking to was not some creepy e/stalker that waited every second of the day to talk to her.  On the contrary, it was in fact a normal teenage boy who also happens to live in Seoul, and a pretty good-looking teenage boy too.  She started to wonder...since she had started to have feelings for this "Jin", would that also mean that she had feelings for Jinyoung all along? The thought of it surprised her, and she quickly shook the question out of her mind.

 

MinAh POV:

Finally it was the end of the day and I could finally go home and do...well, nothing. Except for the fact that I had work    at 7pm.  That left me enough time to finish my homework, lay around for a while, eat dinner, and go on the computer.

"I'm home!" I shouted, kicking off my shoes at the door. I was greeted by my umma who was sewing eyes onto plushies.  She looked up, and waved a hand for me to come closer.

"MinAh, come help me with these," she said.

I went to sit down beside her, picking up one of the dolls. She had ordered these dolls to finish at home so she could help with the income, she no longer had a real job.

"Umma, you don't have to work so hard, all this manual labour doesn't do any good on your back either," I said, sewing on the button eyes.

"I know dear, but it will be hard on you if you're the only person bringing in the income."

"Don't worry, its not hard at all," I replied, although I didn't know if it would be or not.

"And you still have to focus on school too...."she trailed off.

"Umma!" I stated. "Don't worry about that, I'm the smartest person in the school!" I said, giving her a confident smile.

The worry in her eyes softened as she gave me a warm smile.

"Arrasso, arrasso. Umma knows you're smart," she teased, giving me a light push with her shoulder.

: : : :

After helping Umma with the dolls, I gratefully plopped onto my bed, finally able to relax.  What should I do now? I turned my head, my eyes meeting the computer.  Should I check if that so called "Jin" is online? Just thinking about him made the feeling of stupidity and obliviousness boil inside of me. I flipped over onto my stomach, screaming into my pillow.  How could I not know all this time?? And how could he play with me all this time? Did he know who I was from the very beginning?  I beat my fist against my matress, not that it would make me feel any better.  I lifted my head abruptly off the pillow.  There's no point in moping around like this.  I jumped off my bed and the computer.  Its better facing your troubles that hiding from them, right? With all my courage, I scrolled down my contacts list, seeing if Jin was online.  To my surprise, he was not.  Where would he be? This was the second time I haven't seen him online.  It was this time and the time I went to the amusement park.

....

Where I bumped into him.

"AIIISHHHHHHHHHH!!" I screamed, clutching my head in both hands. Everything seemed to make sense. When I got home, he was online, and he also said he went to the amusement park.  How could this be such a coincidence?  Or did he plan all of this?  Is he actually a stalker??  A soft knock on my door brought me back to a more sane state.

"...Unni, gwenchana?"

"Oh..ne, Mi Sook, I'm fine."

"Uh...Unni--"

"Don't worry, I"m fine..." I repeated. My dongsaeng probably thinks she lives with an insane unni again.

"Uh, I'm just reminding you that you have work in 15 minutes,"she said, and quietly closed the door.

....BWOH?! 15 MINUTES?? Turning my head so quickly I could have gotten whiplash, I glanced at the clock, and it was indeed 15 minutes before my shift started.

"AAISSHHH!!" I screamed aloud again, but for different reasons. I quickly grabbed my bag, heading for the door, but something was puling me back. Already frustrated as hell, I snatched whatever was tangled with my bag and my table.  I was about to throw it onto the ground, until I realized what it was. The headphones Jinyoung gave me.  A small ache poked at my chest.  I sighed, gently untangled it from my bag and rushed out the door.

The whole walk to work, I couldn't stop thinking.  Everything did seem like too much of a coincidence, it was shocking that I didn't see the connection between "Jin" and Jinyoung.  I mean, his username is basically the same as his real name! I mentally kicked myself for being so stupid. Also, the headphones he gave me...it was the day after I had talked to Jin about how much I wanted them.  Is he seriously nice enough to give them to me? Just like that? Heat began to rise to my face, but that's probably only the work of the hot weather. Why would I be...b-blushing? I pushed open the café door, greeted by the soft jingle of the chimes, alhough I was still off in my own world.

"Oh! Its noona!" said a cheerful voice.

I looked up to see a tall teenage boy with a bright face, who I recognized to be Gongchan.

"Gotta go dongsaeng," said a guy slightly shorter than him, ruffling his hair on the way.  He turned towards the door where I was standing, and stared at me with wide eyes.  I felt my face get red again.  Why is it so warm in this café??

"Oh. Anyeong," Jinyoung said. I could feel the awkwardness rise between us.  Maybe it was because now I know who he really is, or that the guy I had been talking to every night was actually Jinyoung.

"A-anyeong....."

There was a silence, but he quickly put an end to it. "Why are you here?"

"I work here,"I replied.

"Ah."

-insertbriefsilencehere-

"You're not using the headphones I gave you?" he asked, looking at my own earphones hanging out of my bag.

The thought of the headphones brought me back to the fact that it was, in a way, Jin giving them to me as well.

"A-ani..."I said with a stiff smile.  He nodded casually in response, his hands in his pockets.

"I guess I work the shift before you," he said with a small chuckle.

"That's...great!" I replied, trying to sound as enthusiastic as I could. As a result, it just made the whole atmosphere more awkward (well, for me.)  He cleared his throat.

"So, uh...do you have anything to say to me?" he asked as if he was expecting me to tell him I knew that he was Jin.

Which I would've done(along with scolding the heck out of him for not telling me who "Jin" was in the first place), but why not have some fun with this?

"Oh, ani, please be on your way," I bowed with a nice-girl smile plastered on my face.

"Oh. Alright," he said,obviously a bit dissapointed. He gave a small bow in my direction and reached for the door handle, but before he left, he turned around and asked again.

"You suuure you don't have anything to tell me?"

I smirked inside my head and turned around with the most i-don't-know'what-you're-talking-about face I could make.

"Ani? Is there something you want to tell me?"

"A-ani," he quickly replied. With that, he did another half bow and headed out the café.

"MinAh-ssi...?"

I looked up, seeing a guy with a cap.

"Oh. Anyeonghaseyo."

"Baro, what are you doing just standing around?" said another guy, placing an arm over his shoulder. His eyes met mine, and he let out a gasp of surprise. "Oh! Its you!" he said with a smile.

I, obviously, almost melted on the spot.  This Sandeul look-alike was smiling right at me, it was amazing I didn't melt and form a puddle already.  What was his name again? Jung...Hwan?

"JungHwan hyung, you remember her?" asked Baro.

"How could I not?" smiled JungHwan. "Anyeonghaseyo, MinAh-ssi."

"Aneyeonghaseyo..hehe.he.." I managed to say.

: : : :

My shift went pretty smoothly, not many annoying customers like the first time I "worked" here. And on top of that, I got to work with Sandeul look-alike! In some ways, he acted like Sandeul too, which was cool too.  JungHwan is seems so sweet, I think I'll look forward to working this shift with him.  I have a feeling I will like this job~

 

I logged onto my computer out of habit, when Jin started talking to me.

Jin.star♪ says (9:47)

Anyeong

Min.min. says (9:47)

Hello.

Jin.star♪ says (9:47)

Sup?

Min.min. says (9:47)

Not much. You?

Jin.star♪ says (9:48)

Same here. 

 

...Is it just me, or does this conversation seem a bit awkward?  Jin usually types with a bunch of emoticons and what not, but not this time o.o

But this isn't Jin.  This is also Jinyoung.  It wasn't until a while that the conversation started moving again.

 

Jin.star♪ says (9:56)

So. How are you?

 

....Should I have some fun? ;]

 

- - - - - - - - - - - -

 

This will be a double update! the next chapter will be super short, cuz its just an add-on to this one, since this chapter is getting too long and is really lagging the computer....>_<

                                                                           So click next! XD  |

                                                                                                        V