Headphones

Waiting on the Other Side

Chap 9

Min Ah POV:

I slowly opened my eyes and lifted my head, looking in front of me. 

"G-gwenchana?"

Woah. Déjà vue man, déjà vue.

Jinyoung stood infront of me, motionless, with shocked eyes.

"Ah...yei...." I managed to spit out.  Then, I realized the arm that caught me was still around my waist.  It slowly brought me up to an upright position,  as I caught a scornful look in Jinyoung's eyes before getting spun around.

"Min Ah, Gwenchana?" asked JungHwan.

"Y-yea...gomawo, JungHwan."  He held me close to him, and out of the corner of my eye, I swear I saw fume coming out of HyunAh's ears.

"Uh...." I uttered, glancing subtly at his hand still around my waist.

"Oh!" exclaimed JungHwan, as he pulled his hand back as quickly as he had caught me.

I started to feel the tension build up in the café, as both guy and girl customers eyed us with worry, or with shock.  I felt all the waiters' eyes on me.

"OETTOKEEE!OOOOETTOKEEE! MIN AHHHHHH! GWENCHANA~????" screamed the manager, as she came waddling towards us.

"Watch out, Miss!" averted a male customer to Manager.  Athough I had not fallen onto the ground, unfortunately the glass that was on my tray did. She stopped an inch away from the broken glass, holding onto Jinyoung because of her sudden stop.

"Minahaeyo," I aplogized.  I quickly bent down to gather the shards of glass from the floor, not wanting anyone to get injured because of my clusty-ness.  Out of nowhere, another hand grabbed up by my  forearm.

"Baro, Junghwan, clean it up."

I was dragged up, then pulled away into the kitchen.

"Yah! Where is everyone?? Hurry up and get these orders to the custom--oh?"

"Jinyoung! What are you doing??" I snapped, interrupting Gongchan. Unexpectantly, he looked me deep into the eye, making my heart unintentionally skip a beat.  He leaned in, bringing his face close to my own.  He lowered his head, let out a breath, and smirked.  The insanely strong grip on my arm untightened, as he turned away and loosened his tie.

"Whatever. Let's go. Time for tutoring."

:::

"Y-Yah! Wait up!"  I shouted, Jinyoung walking way ahead of me, his hands in his pockets.  I quickened my pace, trying not to think what had happened earlier on in the kitchen--but it didn't work.  Why did he all of a sudden pull me away?  Why did he lean in so close?  Why was my heart beating so fast? I furrowed my brow, ashamed, wondering if I got nervous because of that flirt.  I let out a quick breath of air, and started running towards Jinyoung who was a few metres away.  "Yah! Jinyoung Wait!!" I called.  Abruptly, he stopped without any notice, causing me bump into his back.  I staggered backwards, rubbing my forehead that had smacked onto his shoulder blade.

"Yo. What's wrong with you," I growled, glaring up at him.

He turned around, and scoffed. "Well what do you want me to do?  Hold your hand like a child?  Put my arm around your shoulder? Or even wrap my arm around your waist like how you let a random guy do?!" After his brain absorbed all the words that had slipped out of his mouth, he looked down, abashed, and turned around once more.  He stormed away, his sweater swung over his shoulder, the other hand in his jeans pocket.

Tch.  What was that about?  Sounds like someone's jelly.

Hehe. He's jelly.  I chuckled to myself, and resumed following behind him.

 

We arrived at his castle of a house,as he unlocked the front door and kicked off his shoes.  He casually stalked up the stairs, leaving me standing at the doorway.  Althuogh I've already been here, it always astonished me how beautiful the house was.  Everything seemed to sparkle in its place, the house furnished with the most extraordinary furniture, all placed in a balanced manner.

"You done staring?" he asked from the top of the stairs.

I internally groaned, and trudged up the stairs.  "Where's your Umma?" I asked, trying to start some small talk.

"Not here," he said bluntly.

Nevermind.  My little hopes of trying to get a conversation going simply disappeared, and I didn't even want to bother trying to retrieve it.

He plopped down in his chair, and spinning around on it like a kid.

"What do you want to do," I asked, although it didn't sound like a question.

"Doesn't matter."

"Fine."

I started reviewing his math, and once again, he answered almost 100% of the questions correctly.  He made it look so easy, effortless, which irritated and stabbed at my self-esteem.  I'm not naturally smart.  I had/ have to study my off to get where I am today. And here he is, doing math 20 application questions like they were as simple as 1+1.    Was I jealous?  Maybe.  But mostly, I was amazed. I admire smart people, no sarcasm. Although I had lost a bit of respect for him at the café, he had just earned back a bit of my respect towards him--just because of his intellect.  But, the one thing that irritated me was,if he doesn't need help with anything, why am I even here?  Occasionally, it feels like he is the one that is tutoring ME. I looked over another question and his perfect answer.  His solution to the problem was so neat, so simple that I would have never thought of solving it that way.  I gawked at his work, then pursed my lips.

"Is anything wrong with it?" he asked, uninterested.

"Ani."

"Thought so."

".....Why do you even need a tutor?" I asked,"you're really smart already and it doesn't seem like you have any problems with any of the questions I give you."

For once, he sat up straight, and slightly leaned forward on the desk. "Tch.  How should I know.  Ask my Umma."

I bent my head down, to see his expression.  It suprised me.  His brow was furrowed, like he was in pain, his eyes glazed with sorrow.  Suddenly, he glanced at me staring at him, catching me off guard. I quickly straightened back up, and began scurrying through my bookbag.

I'm not good with these situations. It seemed like I had reminded him of some incident that he had tried to forget, and had forgotten, until I brought it back up.  Feeling guilty, I tried changing the subject.

"I didn't know you worked at the café...?"

"I didn't know you did either."

I slouched a bit in my chair.  "I'm not working there.  I was just helping."

He raised an eyebrow. "Helping?"

"Miss Juri pleaded me to," I chuckled.

"Of course," he smiled.

Did I cheer him up?? Did I get rid of that awkward atmosphere?? SUCCESS.

"Mhm. I was just sitting at the café when she came up to me randomly."

"Why you?"

" Molla....apparently I was 'perfect'."

He laughed a little. "I wouldn't deny that."

I felt the heat rise to my cheeks.  Whyyy???? I attempted to shrug it off. "Then she asked me to be a waitress for the day."

He looked up. "Only one day?"

"Yeah.  No way would I want to go throuh a day like that again."

He looked back down.  "Why not?" he whispered.

"Eh?"  Why didn't I want to work there again?  I thought of HyunAh and her gang.  That's why.  "Well....I just don't want to bump into some people I know."

"You mean the three bitc--rude girls?"

I chuckled.  Was he gonna call them es?  Although it might not have been the nicest thing to call someone, I couldn't have agreed more.

"Sure.  I guess just people I know, in general."

There was a momentary silence, until he spoke, again catching me off guard.  "That uniform was bad."

"What?"

"It was too short."

"Ani," I replied,"why does it matter to you?" I asked.

He pursed his lips.  "People were staring at you like prey."

"..and?"

"When you bent down..." he trailed off.

"What happened?" I urged on, curious to what he had to say.

He blushed. " AISH. NEVERMIND." He then started to scribble furiously on a math problem.

"NO. What do you want to say?"

He bit his lower lip. "They were staring at you like freaking erts," he said,  "I didn't....that,"he muttered.

I didn't clearly hear the last part. "You didn't what?"

"Like that."

"Like what?" I asked, confused.

"I DIDN'T LIKE THEM STARING AT YOU LIKE THAT," he said, raising his voice. Then startled by his own voice, he turned around, flustered.

"....is that the reason why you pulled me away?" I whispered, my heart beating fast. (Why? I don't know D:)

"Of course,"he mumbled.

I felt a wash of guilt for yelling at him in the kitchen at the café.  If I knew that he was trying to....'protect' me, I wouldn't have snapped.

"....Gomawo," I whispered.

He gave a slight smile, "Yea, no problem."

He began to work on more math problems, as I sat there and watched him.  Maybe he isn't a flirt.  Maybe he isn't a playboy.  Maybe it was just me being a judgemental retard.  Maybe he is a nice person. Now, come to think of it, he was pretty handsome. I smiled to myself and looked around his room, noticing that his headphones (aka my dream headphones) were nowhere to be seen. I swung my legs back and forth, accidentally stubbing my toe on something hard underneath the desk, causing a loud thump.  Jinyoung looked up at me with wide eyes, but didn't speak. O.O Oops.

"M-mianhaeyo...?" I squeaked. I peered below the desk to see what I kicked.  It was a transparent plastic box, with headphones inside. Which headphones? THOSE HEADPHONES. My eyes lit up, and then felt extremely guilty for kicking something so...awesome. I looked back at Jinyoung, who was still staring at me.

"Mianha--"

He cleared his throat and put down his pencil.  "D-do you like those h-headphones?" he said casually, looking at a spot on the wall.

"How'd you know?" I replied sheepishly.

He bent down and grabbed the box from underneath, and opened it.

"I don't really use them anymore...." he said with a hint of nervousness that I didn't understand.

"Why not?  Their brand name headphones!"

His expression turned flustered. "I-I don't need them."

"Ah."

-awkward silence-

"Do-do you want them???!!!" he exclaimed, a bit to enthusiastically.

Wait, WHAT? Is he OFFERING me his HEADPHONES????

"F-for FREE?" I gasped, wide-eyed.

"Y-yei," he said, as he cleared his throat once more.

With a momentary silence, he swiftly grabbed the headphones from the box, and shoved them in front of me with a straight arm.  He didn't look me in the face, but instead blushed while straing at the floor.

"Here," he said.

I still couldn't believe it.  "Really???" I said with a big smile

"Yea."

"For real??" I exclaimed once more.

"Yah, are you going to accept it or not?" he retorted, finally looking up at me," I'll just take it back then."  He began to retreat his hand holding the headphones, as I quickly grabbed onto them.

"A-ani," I said, feeling like I was on cloud nine.  I took the headphones out of his hand, and put them around my neck.  "Kamasahamnida~" I said, smiling idiotically to myself.  I took out my mp3 from my pocket and plugged the headphones into it.  I turned up the volume, and set it to play "Only You" by B1A4.  I closed my eyes.

The sound was so clear, it felt as if B1A4 were actually RIGHT in front of me.  My heart beat with the song's beat, me and the song feeling like one.

IT WAS GREAT.

"Wow these are awesome!!" I cheered, opening my eyes.

Jinyoung smiled. "I'm glad you like them."

thumpthumpthump.

His smile....why did it have such an effect on me?  I blushed.

"Do...you do this with every girl?" I asked quietly, lowering my head.

"B-BWOH?" he exclaimed.

"That smile."  I waited for a reply, but instead, I heard his chair scoot closer to me.  I looked up to see his face maybe two inches away from my face.  He placed his hands on either side of my chair on the arm rests, trapping me in the middle.

“ You mean this smile?” he grinned, teasingly.

“Y-Yah!” I stuttered, feeling the blood rush to my cheeks.

He laughed. I looked up.  There was something about his laugh…it was carefree, angelic, and true.  My heart rate started to go up.

He lifter both his hands off of my chair, looked at me with smiling eyes.  With one hand, he gently patted the top of my head, causing me to blush even more than I was.

“Those headphones are my present to you, arasso?” he said.

“A-arasso,” I whispered.

 - - - - - - -  - - - --  -   -   -   -   -   -  - -  - - - - -

Anyeong~ How was this chappie? Ahahaha

Remember how Jinyoung wanted to give Min Ah a present some chapters ago? Well here you go :3

Thanks to my new subbies:

* Ailsa_ELF               * Ayu-chan724         * KpopLuver4ever

* ItWasAlwaysYou      * iHeartsungmin

* ennanart               * shinee4ever2012

And much love to my current subscribers~~

If you haven't already, please comment and subscribe!! xoxo

Feel free to check out my other ff "Because I'm Naturally Awkward"!

I will start blogging on aff, so you are welcome to check it out! If you wanna know the randomness of my life. LOL

So i realized that my explanation last chapter was a bit unclear.  To sum it up, in this ff's world, B1A4's members are only known as Jinyoung, Sandeul, CNU, Gongchan, Baro.  Sandeul is not known as JungHwan, CNU is not known as ShinWoo.  Lets just assume that CNU and Sandeul of B1A4 are their REAL names lolol. But, the people who work at the café are known Jinyoung, Gongchan, Junghwan, Shinwoo, Baro.  They are NOT the celebrities, they just have the same name, and ...same face? ahaha

Oh, another clarification....Min Ah is NOT Min from Miss A.  She is just a fictional character, unless you want her to be Min in your own mind...whatever floats your boat :P

shall i start with the threats again? LOOL Maybe I'll try a different approach.

Subscribe. Rawr.

I give you food. LOL

Omnomnomnomnom