Visiting Yeol

The Kungfu Queen (Bodyguard Princess II)

Byul squeezed her eyes shut in the darkness as she crossed her fingers, wishing fervently.

She could hear the footsteps coming closer to where she was and it made her heart pound ridiculously fast. It made her slightly ashamed and embarrassed of what a coward she was, for her to actually hide.

Like please, she was Han Eunbyul. She was supposed to be scared of no one.

Did all of you forget how she actually single-handedly beat a tiger to save Sehun in the past? This superwoman wasn't supposed to fear anything. Anything at all.

She could take on Japanese fat sumos no problem, Thai boxers, and American boxing athletes, if thay had existed then, of course. She was invincible.

So why in the world was she hiding from an old freaking Palace Attendant Kim when she had nothing to fear? WHY???

Byul sighed softly and shook her head. Perhaps she should just be a brave soul and just come face to face with that old hag. That old hag was just a little more fierce than expected, and had the loudest voice imaginable when she hollered into your ear. And not to mention how her eyes were even sharper than Byul's, always picking out the smallest miniscular mistakes when Byul never noticed anything.

Sure Attendant Kim was an old hag, but Byul could handle one right?

Attendant Kim walked into the room at that instant and Byul immediately darted back under the bed without thinking. She winced at her own behavior and in her breath, waiting for Attendant Kim to leave and hoping that Baekhyun could help her this time.

"Jeonha." Attendant Kim greeted Baekhyun.

Byul glared at Baekhyun's shoes, as if challenging them to help their owner say the right things.

"Ah, Attendant Kim, what brings you here?" Baekhyun casually put down his book as if he hadn't been expecting the darn old hag. He smiled calmly at Attendant Kim, not giving a hint of nervousness or looking even slightly dodgy.

"I think you know, Jeonha." Attendant Kim frowned. "Eunbyul agasshi hasn't turned up for the Princess Lessons today and it's getting late. It does you no good to cover for her, Jeonha. Please hand her over."

Baekhyun rolled his eyes inwardly. Hand her over? What was Byul supposed to be, some sort of good? He wrinkled his nose, secretly displeased with the lady but not wanting to say anything disrespectful. "I honestly don't know where she is, Attendant Kim." he shrugged. "If my princess keeps trying to run away from your lessons, shouldn't that say something about the quality of your lessons?"

Attendant Kim looked outraged. Baekhyun bit his lips. Oops, so maybe he did offend her a little. Or maybe a lot.

"She is not the Crown Princess yet, Jeonha." Attendant Kim scowled. "The wedding hasn't yet passed and now, I still see her as a commoner as I am. There is no reason for her to get special treatment." her eyes scanned the room up and down with eagle-like alertness and Byul cowered.

She harrumphed and went out of the room, only to pull Sora inside. "Tell me, bodyguard. Is Han Eunbyul agasshi in this room? Did you see her come in and did she leave?"

Sora blinked a few times and kept her eyes away from the bed which she deduced where Byul was hiding. "I didn't see her, Attendant Kim."

"Good try." Attendant Kim smirked. "But I know you're here, Eunbyul agasshi. The bodyguard's a good liar, but Jeonha, maybe next time you should tell your girl that princesses don't hide under beds."

Baekhyun's eyes widened and he sighed softly. Byul crawled out from under the bed, pouting and wringing her hands. She faked a smile at Attendant Kim. "Guess you caught me?"

"Extra one hour of practicing walking with the bowl on your head." Attendant Kim snapped. "And get to the sewing room. NOW!" she barked.

Byul darted out, sending a sad look at Baekhyun. Baekhyun's hand jerked up when he saw her go, wanting to reach for her. He sighed as she went off, knowing how much she disliked the entire thing. He glanced at Sora who was left in the room with him and laughed humorlessly. "She's a witch, isn't she?"

Sora laughed as well. "I'm sorry Byul got caught."

"Me too." Byul sighed softly. He signalled for her to follow as he got out of the room, heading out. Sora grabbed her sword and followed, watching him from behind.

"I actually like the days when she was just my bodyguard." Baekhyun admitted. "When no one would judge when they saw her with me because that's the way it's supposed to be, that's her job. She would be the first person I see in the morning and the last I see at night. Not that it isn't now," he gave a cheesy grin and Sora shook her head in amusement.

"But still, I see her in the morning and at night before bed but in between?" Baekhyun frowned. "She gets kidnapped by that witch. I want my princess for myself, I don't want to share you know." he huffed. "Is there really so many things to learn before Eunbyul can marry me? I mean, to be she's more of a princess compared to Dahae."

"Dahae..?" Sora blinked.

Baekhyun waved the topic off. "Just some girl." he muttered in disinterest.

Sora nodded, not understanding but not probing. She bit her lip as she quietly thought about what Baekhyun had said. "Did you fall for her from the beginning?" she asked, not knowing if it was too private. "It's okay if you don't tell me, Jeonha. I'm ust interested about how you two got together."

"Fall for her from the beginning?" Baekhyun laughed out loud as if it was the funniest thing in the world. "I hated her. She hated me back, as you can tell from the name she calls me. Ddong-ha. But then again I choose to think of it as an endearment. Let me tell you, I was downright mean to her." he recalled. "In fact now that I think about it, I feel guilty. I was too childish and I hurt her, emotionally and physically." he shook his head.

"So it's hate to love, huh." Sora murmured, thinking quietly. She glanced at Baekhyun. "You look like you love her a lot."

"Of course I do." Baekhyun shrugged, not embarrassed to admit anything. "In fact I think she's too good for me, but don't you dare tell her that." he wagged his finger at her.

Sora laughed softly and nodded. She followed Baekhyun to the Palace Prisons and frowned slightly at where he was going. He didn't seem to hesitate and he strode in big steps that were getting larger by the second, as if he couldn't wait to get there.

Sora blinked and hurried to follow him. Why was the Crown Prince coming to somewhere like the Prisons?

Baekhyun stopped in front of the entrance and looked back at Sora. "You can wait here, Sora. I'll go in for a bit." he told her.

Sora nodded but she looked confused. "Excuse me for asking, but why are you going in, Jeonha? Is there a prisoner that needs to be questioned? Don't they have ministers to do things like that?"

Baekhyun bit his lip for a bit. "I'm actually visiting someone." he admitted. "My best friend and brother." he shifted uncomfortably. "You'll know someday." he promised.

And then he strode in.

Sora frowned and scratched her head. If it was Baekhyun's friend and brother...would that make that guy a prince? Why in the world would a prince be in Prison?

Sora shook her head, rubbing her temples. Strange.

-----

"YEOLLLLL!!!" Baekhyun ran into the cell, beaming.

The prison guard shook his head in amusement and left the princes alone. The other scary looking prisoners in other cells looked over at their Crown Prince who had appeared once again this week, and they straightened, putting on their best behavior. They didn't even dare spit anymore.

Chanyeol brightened at the sight of Baekhyun and grinned. "Hyung!"

Baekhyun softened at the sight of Chanyeol's dirty white robes and frowned as he sat down beside Chanyeol. "Why aren't they giving you new robes?" he questioned. "Are they feeding you well enough? Is it cold at night?"

"Hyung, you're asking the same things every week." Chanyeol shook his head in amusement. "Everyone here has gotten new robes every two weeks and better food and blankets because of you. It's good enough. This is still the prison, hyung. I can't live the luxury life here can I?"

Baekhyun sighed softly and lowered his gaze. "I'm sorry you're in here, Yeol."

"It's my own fault." Chanyeol shrugged. "But I admit, I do miss my parents a bit." he confessed. "Even though they disappointed me with their schemes."

"Everyone makes mistakes," Baekhyun comforted. "It's just that theirs were larger and more serious." he quickly changed the topic to better and and more cheerful grounds. "By the way, I've got a new bodyguard."

"A new bodyguard?" Chanyeol raised his brows. "Not Byul anymore?"

Baekhyun shook his head. "You know how she is, busier than me now. And I tell you, it's not a guy." he muttered. "This new girl is a great fighter and her skills are on par with Byul's. I was shocked, I tell you."

"Same as Byul's?" Chanyeol echoed. "Wow, that's quite pro. And it's a she?" he eyed Baekhyun. "Hyung, if you even dare-"

"Hey chill." Baekhyun shot Chanyeol a look. "Who do you think I am? The same flirt as I was? I'm loyal to Byul alright? A simple Im Sora won't be able to charm me when I already have Byul." he said surely. "You'll like her when you meet her, Yeol. I think she's nice."

Chanyeol just shrugged.

He wasn't sure if he had completely gotten over his feelings for Byul yet. He was still happy when she came to see him, but he wasn't sure if it was because of their being friends or if he still loved her. And then again, he hadn't seen a single female besides Byul for such a long time, so maybe he reacted to her because of her gender.

Maybe if he met other girls when he got out he would react to them instead?

"Anyway, I can't wait for you to get out of here." Baekhyun grinned at him. "EXO-K will be reunited again."

Chanyeol grinned back. He couldn't wait too.

 

 

-----

Hello~ New fic ahead~

The Other Side of the Mirror [CLICK]

See you there~