The Kungfu Kungfu Wedding

The Kungfu Queen (Bodyguard Princess II)
One year later
 
"HURRY UP HYUNG!" Sehun pounded his fists on Kai's door. "We're going to be late for the wedding!"
 
"Coming alright!" Kai hollered back from inside.
 
Sehun tapped his feet in annoyance as he heard footsteps nearing the door. The door opened and Sehun glared. "Just what in the world were you-" he faltered when he saw Minhee coming out of the room with Kai. "Minhee noona? You...hyung...why...?" He gaped.
 
Minhee blushed prettily and Kai just shrugged. "What? I've got to make sure my fiance dresses up nicely for the Crown Prince's wedding."
 
"Fiance?" Sehun shrieked in surprise, looking from Minhee to Kai to Minhee again. "Since when?"
 
"Since a week ago." Kai took Minhee's hand and started walking with her first as Sehun hurried to follow. "Didn't you know? I think all the other princes know about it already."
 
"A WEEK AGO? AND NOW YOU'RE TELLING ME?" Sehun gaped. "Excuse me? I'm your cousin!!!"
 
"Oh right, I forgot." Kai made a face at Minhee and winked. "I forgot you were my cousin."
 
"You FORGOT?" Sehun was near hyperventilating now. "Kim Jong In I swear as soon as the wedding is over I'm going to collect enough horse poop to-"
 
"Sehun." Minhee sent Kai a look and the latter finally burst into laughter. "Calm down, Kai was lying. He just asked me today, you're the first one who knows."
 
Sehun blinked several times and glared at Kai. "Man! I thought you forgot about me!" He slapped Kai on the back, hard. "Thank goodness you didn't. Good going hyung! You actually got yourself a wife!"
 
Kai raised his brows. "Hey what is that supposed to mean?" He retorted.
 
"Well it is quite surprising that someone as intolerable as you could actually fancy someone, that was quite a shocker at first." Sehun blabbered, enjoying Kai's rapidly darkening face. "And then it was even more surprising that Minhee noona actually accepted you. But well noona is a reeeeeally nice person and-"
 
"Stop!" Minhee held both her hands up. "Will you two stop fighting for one day? At least today. We're going to miss the wedding, you two!"
 
She huffed and stalked off in a hurry. Kai and Sehun looked at each other and stuck out their tongues in unison. They hurried after Minhee and bumped each other like two childish kids.
 
"By the way," Sehun finally whispered. "Congrats hyung. I'm happy for you."
 
Kai broke into a grin and bumped him once more. "I know."
 
-----
 
Byul looked at herself in the mirror and took a deep breath. This was the day.
 
Two red circles were pasted on her cheeks and thick make up was plastered on her face, her hair held up so tightly in an up do that her scalp hurt and the thick volumes of cloth nearly swallowing her entire body up.
 
But?
 
She was happy. And nervous and excited and in awe and disbelief and slight fear and...well you get the picture.
 
Bride nerves, they called it.
 
Byul took a deep breath and smiled at her reflection. Well, she preferred herself when she was wearing pants and no makeup, not to mention without that heavy wood thing on her head...but today was the happiest day of her life as well. Today, she was finally going to belong to Byun Baekhyun.
 
Or maybe he was going to belong to her, she thought. Han Eunbyul didn't just belong to anybody, like PUH-LEASE.
 
Or maybe they were going to belong to each other. Byul smiled. She liked the sound of that.
 
The attendant knocked on the door and Byul took a deep breath. She exited her waiting room and looked around at the tons of servants and maids dotting around the place, waiting for her.
 
At the end of the line, there was a single open air carriage, and a man waiting for her. Her man.
 
Byul broke into a smile and Baekhyun beamed back. He toughened up quite a bit this past year, but he was still the same old Ddong-ha to her.
 
Byul almost her lips nervously when she remembered the lipstick, and she just bit the insides of her cheek. As slowly and demurely as she could manage, Byul walked towards Baekhyun, their eyes connected the entire time. Baekhyun's eyes roamed Byul from head to toe and he cracked a quirky grin.
 
When she reached him, he took her hand and led her onto the carriage. "I like you better without that thick layer on top of your face." he whispered.
 
"Is that the first thing you're going to say to your bride on your wedding day?" Byul pouted at him. "That's really unromantic, I might add."
 
Baekhyun chuckled and hopped onto the carriage after her. The carriage set off and moved towards the entrance of the palace. "I think I'd like you with nothing on you better." he whispered in her ear.
 
Byul's eyes widened and she smacked his arm hard. Baekhyun laughed in amusement at her embarrassment as she hissed his name. "Byun Baekhyun!"
 
"Hey, we're going to spend the rest of our lives together and honesty is the best policy, so why not start now?" Baekhyun grinned. "DDONGHA!!!!" Byul whacked his head.
 
"Chill!" Baekhyun laughed and grabbed her hand. He calmed down and smiled at her sincerely. "I'm not lying, but I think you're gorgeous today. I think you're gorgeous everyday. I think you're gorgeous as long as you're you." he kissed her knuckles.
 
Byul smiled softly and bumped his shoulders. "Sweet-talker. We're about to reach the streets."
 
They were. The carriage did a city tour around the entire capital city and there were loads of people gathering to see their new Crown Princess and Crown Prince. There were still people who supported Byul. There were people who still thought she wasn't worthy of being a Crown Princess.
 
But did Byul care? No. She was going to marry the one man she loved and heck those haters. Haters gonna hate must have originated from her, huh.
 
She didn't care if anyone threw eggs or orange peels at her while they were having their tour, because heck them. She was going to marry Byun Baekhyun no matter what.
 
-----
 
The wedding was a really kungfu kungfu different one. For one, there were a lot of kungfu kungfu elements involved.
 
When it was time for the big feast, instead of the usual song and dance performances, it was the newly crowned Crown Princess that led the first item for the rest of the ministers and guests from other countries.
 
Wearing pants, Byul performed magnificient sword play and stunts that left the audience gaping in awe and clapping till their palms felt like bleeding. Some of the more conservative and old ministers and guests couldn't accept a girl doing all that, but Byul didn't care.
 
Byul smiled brightly at the audience when she finished her performance and looked back at Baekhyun, who gave her thumbs up. He never felt prouder than he felt then.
 
The EXO princes all turned up for the wedding and gifted the couple with pretty things for their union.
 
There were the usual jewelry and things like that, but several items made Baekhyun want to laugh and cry at the same time.
 
Xiumin bought them a whole ten set of baby clothes, for boy and girl, for casual and formal, for all sorts of occasions. Byul must have been a mother pig if she could give birth to that many. She was blushing like mad when she saw the gift and Baekhyun just grinned. "We must make use of all his gift." he whispered to her. "Let's have ten kids."
 
And then there was that darn Lay who gave them a container. When Byul opened it, Baekhyun nearly fainted with fear at the several green lizards crawling inside.
 
"Insider information. Byun Baekhyun is scared of lizards." Lay grinned. "Thought it'd be a useful fact in the future."
 
Byul glanced at Baekhyun's pale face and laughed. "It is useful, definitely."
 
"YAH LAY!" Baekhyun shrieked. Damn that guy, he managed to keep that tinsy fact from Byul for two years and now that guy split everything!!!
 
-----
 
Chanyeol decided to take a breather while the entire celebrations was going on.
 
Byul and Baekhyun were more snuggly than usual. And then Minhee and Kai announced that they were going to get married soon. Seeing these couples made Chanyeol think about a certain girl as well.
 
A year ago when he brought Sora to receive treatment for her wounds, she had somehow managed to escape when her condition had stabalized. He left for an hour and when he went back, she was gone.
 
All that was left was a letter.
 
She told him that she had to find her mother, whether still alive or not. She told him that she was too ashamed to meet him again, because of what she did. And she told him that she loved him genuinely, and was sorry for all the troubles she caused.
 
She told him that she believed in fate.
 
If one day he could find her again, she would stay by his side. Always.
 
Chanyeol had conducted a frenzy search after the discovery of that letter. He searched high and low for Sora, asking around, galloping to the rural villages and knocking on every door. Perhaps they always missed each other or perhaps Sora hid extremely well, but Chanyeol always failed to find her.
 
A year passed. He still had no idea where Sora was, and didn't have a clue if she was even in Korea or not. But some things never changed. He still loved her.
 
He realized at some point that the love he had for Byul was much lesser than the depth of love he had for Sora. His longing for Sora increased with every passing day while for Byul, it faded with time. Was it possible to love someone more and more without trying?
 
Chanyeol took a deep breath as he gazed out at the moon. Where in the world was she?
 
All of a sudden, he saw a movement from the corner of his eye. Someone climbed over the palace walls and jumped onto her feet swiftly. She looked around carefully and darted in the direction of the main wedding celebrations, as if trying to take a peek.
 
Chanyeol's heart gave a leap of hope as he recognized that silhouette. It was her.
 
He ran after her as quickly as he could, keeping his footsteps light so that she wouldn't hear. Please let it be her, please, he prayed in his mind. He caught up with her and grabbed her arm, wheeling her around. When his eyes first set themselves on her face, pure love and longing washed against him and he swallowed, momentarily stunned.
 
Sora looked up at him in surprise as well, her eyes large. She looked fairer than he remembered, perhaps because she never trained as much as she did now. But still as beautiful. She was still as beautiful as he remembered, perhaps more.
 
"I..." Sora shifted on her feet. "I wanted to see the wedding." she murmured. "I couldn't miss it."
 
"You could have walked in here with an invitation if you made your whereabouts known." Chanyeol muttered, staring at her. "Where have you been?" he asked coarsely. "I searched everywhere for you."
 
"I found my mother, I'm living with her." Sora bit her lip. "She was a lady I saved a year ago during the war, I just didn't know she was my mother then." she shuffled a bit, aware of his touch on her arm. A short period of silence appeared where no one knew what to say when there were so much they wanted to, not knowing where to start.
 
Chanyeol loosened his grip on her arm but let his hand slide to her fingers, interlacing them. Sora looked up at him, drawing a shaky breath.
 
"So I found you." he whispered, taking a step nearer to her. "Does that mean you won't leave me? Please?"
 
He didn't wait for her reply as he cupped her cheek with his other hand and swooped down to claim her lips. Sora's eyes instantly fell shut as she kissed him back. Chanyeol's arms s around her waist to pull her nearer, crushing her to him as if he was afraid she would disappear.
 
When they finally pulled away from each other, Sora thought she saw stars and rainbows. She smiled at Chanyeol and nodded once. "Yes, yes it does."
 
-----
 
"So." Baekhyun eyed Byul.
 
"So." Byul nodded, sitting down next to him on the bed.
 
It was late at night, perhaps in a few more hours it would be dawn. The wedding just ended and the couple had returned to their quarters which had been furnished all over again to include baby rooms and only a single bedroom for them two.
 
Baekhyun cracked a grin and pulled Byul nearer, slinging his arm around her shoulder. Byul sighed and leaned her head against the crook of his neck, smiling softly. "Miss Crown Princess?" he kissed her cheek.
 
"Yes Mr Crown Prince?" Byul looked up at him with a small smile.
 
Baekhyun grinned and sighed softly in satisfaction. "So, you're mine now." he looked exceptionally happy about that. "My personal bodyguard wife."
 
"I'm not yours." Byul rolled her eyes and poked his arm. "You're mine."
 
"Hn, demanding eh?" Baekhyun nuzzled her cheek. "I can't believe we're finally married. The day seemed to never want to arrive no matter how I anticipate it." he opened his eyes to stare at her. "This is just the beginning, Eunbyul."
 
Byul nodded. "I know. But I'm Han Eunbyul remember? I'm not afraid of anything." she chuckled. Baekhyun laughed softly and nodded. "As long as we face everything together, it'll be alright." he agreed.
 
He twisted his lips and looked at her with a playful expression. "Do you think we should make Jaeho an uncle soon?" he asked. "He's just living right outside the palace with Omonim. And I'm sure Omonim would llooooooove a grandkid."
 
Byul twisted away from him, blushing madly. "Byun Baekhyun!"
 
"Yes what?" Baekhyun grinned and sat up. "We're married now, remember?" he teased. "This is a very natural course we have to take."
 
"Yes I know but..." Byul jumped away from the bed and hugged herself. "I can't! I gained weight!!" she ran out of the room to the main chambers. "It's the stupid palace food, I can't let you see me now!!"
 
Baekhyun blinked a few times and broke into unstoppable guffaws. Was his unbeatable Han Eunbyul...insecure about her figure?
 
Oh dear God, how many times was he going to fall over and over in love with her again?
 
Baekhyun ran after Byul in their little family quarters and cursed the heavens and earth when he saw how fast she was running. "Damn it! Why did I marry a kungfu bodyguard!"
 
 
 
The end! <3