Her Life of Deceit

The Kungfu Queen (Bodyguard Princess II)
Chanyeol stared at Sora with his jaw wide open. His heart was thudding quickly in his chest with love, disbelief and panic.
 
What in the world just happened? Sora killed the General. Sora killed her father. What the hell???
 
The Japanese soldiers all around them were in shock as well at the new turn of events. When Natsume died, they were unsure of themselves because even the most skilled could be killed in battle.
 
And then now the General died, in the hands of their capable female leader Aimi Higashiyama, the General's daughter, no less.
 
Their minds were in a whirl and there was no doubt that they all lost their focus and direction in battle. Some of the japanese soldiers succumbed to the korean ones and the others just stood there in the middle of the battlefield, just staring in disbelief as their leader went down.
 
What in the world were they supposed to do now then??
 
"Sora." Chanyeol gasped in shock. "You just-"
 
"AIMI HIGASHIYAMA!" Ryo growled and charged towards Sora with ultimate speed and not to mention extreme anger. His sword was held tightly in his hands as he ran with all his might, with all intent of killing. "YOU BETRAYER!"
 
Sora's eyes widened and Chanyeol quickly picked up the armor he dropped and rushed in front of Sora. Ryo's sword clashed against the heavy metal armor and a sharp squeaking metal against metal sound pierced through the air.
 
Chanyeol grabbed Sora's waist and whirled them away from Ryo, but he wasn't fast enough.
 
Ryo's out of control sword accidentally stabbed into Sora's waist and she let out a soft whimper, falling heavily against Chanyeol as she gripped the right side of her waist. Chanyeol gasped and he quickly smacked Ryo in the face with the armor, rendering the latter dizzy and gobsmacked.
 
Chanyeol used that opportunity to twist the sword out of Ryo's hands, leaving the latter unarmed, and then sending a powerful kick at Ryo's chest. Ryo flew backwards and landed on the ground with a loud oomphf, pale and obviously in pain.
 
Sora was doubling over in pain at her own injury and Chanyeol had to practically hug her to keep her from falling. "Sora, Im Sora." he whispered, beads of perspiration dripping down his face. "You've got to pull through this."
 
But Sora's attention wasn't on him.
 
Her eyes were fixed on the General's dead body and Ryo who was glaring back at her. "You betrayer." Ryo hissed again, trying to stand but falling on his once again. "You killed Otosan, Aimi. You killed him!"
 
Sora looked at Ryo calmly, which was absolutely incomprehansible to Chanyeol with the wound she was suffering from. How could she look so unaffected? "My name isn't Aimi." Sora smirked back. "My name is Im Sora."
 
Ryo's eyes flickered with uncertainty as he stared back at Sora. Could it be...she knew? "What are you talking about?" Ryo pretended to be confident. "You're Aimi Higashiyama, the General's daughter! You were sent here to Korea as a spy with the fake name Im Sora. What did you think, Aimi? That you could acquire a new identity all of a sudden?"
 
The Korean soldiers looked at each other in shock, not knowing about the fact. The EXO princes however, who had already known, just looked on solemnly. It seemed as if all fight on the battlefield had paused just to watch that little scene unfolding itself.
 
The soldiers didn't know if they should continue risking their lives to continue fighting when their leader wasn't around anymore.
 
"It isn't a new identity, Ryo." Sora muttered. Soldiers that were out of the hearing range nudged the others in front of them to ask them what Sora had said. The entire conversation was passed down one by one throughout the battlefield, to the thousands of soldiers.
 
"I am Im Sora, I have always been Im Sora. It's just that the General made me think otherwise." Sora laughed humorlessly. "Seriously, did he really think I wouldn't know about my birth somehow? And he thought he could hide it forever?"
 
Ryo trembled in fright at the aspect.
 
"I know, Ryo." Sora hissed. "I know that the stupid story of the General picking me up in a basket when I was a child and him taking me in and feeding me like his own, that story is bull. I never betrayed my family, Ryo. Because I'm not a Japanese, I'm a Korean. My family is right here, not with you."
 
Murmurs of surprise spread throughout the field and Chanyeol looked down at Sora in surprise. Wait, what was she talking about?
 
"The General is the one who killed the man who tried to offer him food, Ryo. He was the one who had stolen the baby girl from the poor couple after killing away the husband, he was the one who brought the korean baby girl over to Japan to nurture her as a future spy. He was the one who made me think he was my lifesaver when in fact he was the exact opposite." Sora bit out angrily, clutching her wound as she exerted pressure.
 
"My entire life is a lie." Sora growled. "And it's all because of this sick emotionless man who has done nothing good in our lives but try to make us beg for his approval. I've had enough of this. My home is here, and I will defend it."
 
Chanyeol held Sora tightly as he felt her knees wobble. Gosh he was so proud of this girl. He would have expected her to curl up in a ball crying if it happened to any other person.
 
Ryo looked around uncertainly. "Well yeah?" he struggled to stand up but none of his soldiers went up to help him. In fact, they were edging further and further. "Defend all you like because we're going to take this land down-"
 
"Did you hear what he said?" Suho hollered above all the noise. "He wants to take our homeland. He wants to destroy what's ours. We have to guard what's ours! EVERYONE, CHARGE!!!!!"
 
The korean soldiers grabbed their weapons and charged towards their enemies with renewed strength and vigor, a sight to behold. The japanese soldiers didn't think of fighting back at all and they all dropped their weapons, running away as quickly as they could.
 
There was no point in fighting if the General was dead, he was the one who wanted this war in the first place.
 
Ryo was outraged to see his men fleeing the scene. "Ruki!" he yelled for his brother. "What are you doing? Stop them from leaving!"
 
"Are you insane?" Ruki pulled Ryo from the ground and hauled him up onto his stallion. "Do you want to die? There's no point in this war anymore. Let's go before we die!"
 
The Japanese troops left as quickly as they could while the Koreans chased them.
 
There was no words to describe the pure satisfaction when the princes watched as the Japanese troops fleeing for their lives. Their home was safe. Finally.
 
Chanyeol looked down at Sora who was leaning more and more heavily against him, the entire right side of her waist was damp, no, soaked. "Im Sora, are you okay?" he asked worriedly.
 
"Better than fine." Sora smiled weakly. Her knees gave way and Chanyeol quickly sat her down on the ground while she leaned into him. Her eyes fluttered close tiredly and she let out a sigh. "Funny huh? Turns out I'm from here all this time. My whole life was a lie. Everything was a lie."
 
"Not everything." Chanyeol whispered. "My love for you isn't a lie. I love you, I still do." he searched her face anxiously.
 
Sora's lips twitched up in a small smile. "Thank you." she breathed.
 
And then she fainted in his arms.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"WE WON!" Sehun and Tao burst into the tent and raced to Baekhyun's bed.
 
Byul snapped her head up and her eyes were shining. "We did?" she whispered coarsely. "We won?"
 
"Yeah we did." Chen nodded as he followed the rest of the princes in. His eyes fell on Baekhyun who was still in his coma and he frowned. "Baekhyun hyung hasn't woken up yet?"
 
Byul shook her head, sending Baekhyun another worried look. She shook her head to clear her thoughts and looked back at the princes. "Tell me about the victory."
 
"It turns out that Sora wasn't one of them." Lay explained. "She was stolen from a korean family when she wasyoung and was trained to be a spy in japan. She just got to know of her birth and that was when she decided to turn her back on the General."
 
Luhan nodded. "She was the main reason why we won, actually. She killed the General."
 
Byul broke into a genuine smile. "That's great. I always knew Sora unnie wasn't a bad person." she looked around. "So where is she?"
 
"She's wounded so Chanyeol carried her to another tent to get treated." Xiumin notified. He broke into a cute smile. "I think Chanyeol's really into this one."
 
"Another prince-bodyguard couple then?" Byul murmured softly. She looked back at the unconscious Baekhyun and couldn't hide the gush of worry that flooded her features.
 
Kris and Suho looked at each other and nodded in agreement. "Kids, I think we should go. Let's join the victory celebrations and let Baekhyun rest." Kris ordered. "We can visit him when we're not stinky and sweaty."
 
"Alright." Sehun whispered. He went nearer to Baekhyun and sighed softly. "Get well soon hyung."
 
Byul watched the princes shuffle out of the tent and turned her attention back to Baekhyun. She reached out to smooth his hair against the pillow and caress his cheeks softly. "Wake up, Ddong-ha. Didn't you hear? We won the battle."
 
The physician said that Baekhyun would require quite a long time to recover from this one because of how serious the injury was. He lost a lot of blood and with the technology in their day, or there lack of, his recovery would need a serious long period of time.
 
He wouldn't be allowed to do any strenuous activity for a long time. But then again, what strenuous activity when the guy wasn't even awake yet?
 
"Wake up." Byul pleaded, clutching his hand. "Don't you love parties? Let's join the victory party, Ddong-ha. You deserve to go to that one. Please wake up."
 
Baekhyun continued sleeping.
 
Byul sighed softly and lowered her gaze. "You can't leave me like this, Ddong-ha." she murmured. "We haven't even patched up. We're supposed to." she sniffled. "I'm sorry I was mad when you didn't run after me when I left you. The princes told me of your reasons and now I understand.'
 
"But really, are you stupid?" Byul scolded lightly. "Did you really think that I couldn't survive it if the people knew I was the one who left as opposed to you were the one dumping me? See what it cost you? A freaking war." she muttered, wiping her cheeks. "Did you really think I couldn't handle it? I'm Han Eunbyul. I can handle anything."
 
Byul bit her lip and stared at the patterns on the bedspread.
 
"Well although I was  little unsure of myself some time back, I'm sure now." Byul murmured. "I know that I won't be the perfect Queen in everyone's heart, but I'll be the Queen that tries her best." she promised. "I know that there will be a lot of other obstacles ahead of us, but I'm not afraid of it anymore, Ddong-ha. If my family is bullied, I'll protect them. I won't run, I won't hide. I'll stay by your side even if you don't want me to."
 
Byul choked and fresh tears leaked. "If there's one thing Han Eunbyul is afraid of, Ddong-ha, that is losing you." she admitted. "Seeing you like this gave me pure fear. I can't lose you, Ddong-ha. I need you. I love you. Please wake up soon."
 
-----
 
"How can I not, after such a touching speech?"
 
Byul snapped her head up and stared at Baekhyun who was smiling at her with a weak grin. Her eyes widened and she gasped. "You're awake!"
 
"Yeah, glad to be so." Baekhyun groaned as he shifted on the bed a little. "Damn, my chest feels like ."
 
"You..you.." Byul sent him a glare despite her genuine bubbly happiness. "When did you wake? Why didn't you give any indication of that? You..you eavesdropped on me blabbering!" she accused.
 
Baekhyun chuckled softly and winced at how pain that was. "You were talking to me, so I don't think that counts as eavesdropping. I was awake since the two maknaes barged in, making as much noise as ten firecrakers." He tugged her hand weakly and Byul quickly darted over to him, lying beside him on the bed while hugging his torso lightly.
 
"But really, did you mean what you said?" Baekhyun looked at her. "That you won't leave me no matter how tough it gets?"
 
Byul grinned. "I didn't exactly say it that way."
 
Baekhyun chuckled and pulled her closer. It hurt his wound a bit but he didn't care. "I'm sorry for doubting you. I'm sorry for doubting me. I'm sorry for not being sensitive enough to see what you were going through even when you were right beside me all the time. I'm sorry." he kissed her temple softly. "But from today onwards we'll work hard together okay? No matter what it is, even if they're criticisms against me or whatever, tell me. I want to know everything, everything alright?"
 
Byul nodded and snuggled against his arm. "I'm so glad you're alive." she whispered.
 
Baekhyun smiled and hugged her close. "Of course I am." he murmured. "Byun Baekhyun will never leave Han Eunbyul unless she leaves him first. Never."