Wedding Dresses

The Kungfu Queen (Bodyguard Princess II)

Byul bit her lip and looked over to Chanyeol, wrinkling her nose. "You're going to regret tagging along with me." she muttered.

"I'm not." Chanyeol laughed. "I like seeing you suffer when you wear dresses."

"Mean." Byul punched Chanyeol's arm lightly, shaking her head. She sighed softly as she slowed in front of the entrance of the shop, swallowing hard.

Damn, she could see gazillion types of cloth and designs which she would be expected to differentiate and comment.

Like please. They were all dresses to her.

Chanyeol nudged her and pointed. "You've got to do what you got to do." he grinned. Byul shot him a look and took a deep breath, finally barging into the shop.

She had gotten to know of this famous tailor shop because of the Queen, who specifically instructed Byul to go down to the store to look at more dresses because the Queen wanted Byul to see the full designs available instead of asking Madam Song, the store's owner, to bring a few sets to the Palace.

She would have definitely preferred going to choose her dress with Baekhyun but coincidentally, Baekhyun was busy with the country's matters that day, in a serious meeting with the other ministers which was too important to turn down
.
She didn't want to go through the entire ordeal herself and was relieved when Chanyeol offered his company to go with her.

Her first reaction when he said he wanted to tag along was to refuse.

After all, Chanyeol had been in love with her before, right? She was the freaking reason why the whole conflict had a chance to occur in the first place wasn't she?

But then she decided that there was nothing to be worried about. She was Baekhyun's and everyone new that. And she trusted Chanyeol.

After all, she didn't think she was THAT attractive to keep his attention for so long. Heh.

Byul treaded into the store and looked around uncertainly. "Madam Song?" she called out. "This is Han Eunbyul. I'm here to choose my wedding dress design."

A short plump woman came running out from behind and with the largest smile possible. "Eunbyul gongju!" she beamed. "You're finally here! We're going to have such a gooooood time choosing the purrrrrfect dress for you! Aren't you excited?"

"Not particularly." Byul muttered under her breath.

Chanyeol laughed softly at Byul's panic-stricken expression and shook his head in amusement. He missed Byul, to be honest.

When he was in the jail, she was all he thought of in the beginning month. Longing, wanting, regretting.

And then when Byul started coming to visit him at the jail with Baekhyun hand in hand, the nagging pain and jealousy started to fade and dampen.

He wasn't sure if it was due to the fact the he had gotten used to being jealous all the time, or that the jealousy itself was fading.

Sure, standing beside Byul right now, he didn't feel the usual excited pumping of his heart as it did in the past. But he couldn't deny that Byul was still one attractive woman to him and that he would never have her taken out of his life.

Byul nudged him and Chanyeol broke out of his thoughts. He smiled at her out of habit and blinked. "You were completely zoning out!" Byul whispered. "At least stay with me if I'm to suffer!"

Chanyeol laughed softly and nodded.

Baekhyun was still a lucky dude to be able to marry Byul. He just didn't know if he wanted to be that lucky dude.

"I'm already physically here, it's hat to concentrate on dresses and fabric." Chanyeol reasoned, eying Madam Song who was making her way towards them with a whole range of different bundles of fabric, and two other girls followed behind her while carrying other samples.

Byul let out an annoyed breath at the whole fuss. "Getting married is hard." She murmured. "Especially if you're getting married to the crown prince."

"You two haven't even gotten to that stage yet and you're already complaining?" Chanyeol shook his head in disapproval. "How are you two going to survive the whole thing then?"

"We will." Byul said firmly with her lip pressed together. "We'll get through it somehow." She firmly believed.

Chanyeol gave a nod in return, and he realized that he too believed in what she said. They would get through whatever obstacles thrown in their way. No doubt.

They were Baekhyun and Eunbyul. Of course they would.

Madam Song pulled Byul away to look at the different fabrics and Byul forced a smile and nod at whatever the woman said. If only she could understand what she was going off about in that bullet train speed of hers.

Really.

"This, princess, is the newest silk we have gotten from India." Madam Song boasted. "It is soft and silky and Defintely very comfortable to wear, princess. It comes in seven different colors and has delicate intricate designs that are definitely worthy of a royal. This, princess, is my favorite color. I think it would look good on you!"

Madam Song raised the cloth and put it against Byul's face, nodding in approval. "It definitely goes well with your skin, princess."

Byul drew back and swallowed as she took in how the cloth looked. "But Madam Song...it's pink." She whispered.

"Exactly!" Madam Song grinned. "It looks good on you precisely because its pink!"

Byul shot a desperate look at Chanyeol and the latter laughed. Good luck Byul.

-----

Chanyeol watched as Byul went in and out of the changing room numerous times to try on a gazillion different dresses. It was fun to watch how she was so easily annoyed and so obviously in torture.

It was funny how Madam Song didn't notice a single thing.

He had to admit that Byul was still pretty to him and when she came out in the dresses, it was hard to take his eyes off her. But then again, he didn't feel the same exhilarated thumping of heart when he saw her, as if he was riding a roller coaster when they didn't even exist then.

He didn't even feel anything when her hand accidentally brushed his when she was rushing about the shop, carrying different dresses to try on under Madam Song's instructions.

And it was then that Chanyeol realized, he wasn't in love with Byul any longer.

 

 

 

Byul bit her lip as she smoothed the material. Damn, she didn't even dare walk in larger steps when she wore something as pretty as this.

She finally decided to go with a dark reddish maroon dress instead of the pink, much to Madam Song's annoyance. If she could have her way entirely, she would wear blue.

Byul fidgeted in the dress, feeling like it wasn't meant for her. It was pretty, Byul couldn't deny that. But she didn't feel like herself when she wore things like that, and she most definitely didn't feel comfortable no matter what the material was made of.

She felt like she was in someone else's skin.

She vaguely wondered if Chanyeol was bored waiting out there for her when she heard voices outside. Specifically, a very familiar voice.

"Where is she? Don't tell me I've rushed from the Palace all the way here and she already changed out of the dress!!" Byul could hear Baekhyun whining from where she was in the changing room.

"Jeonha! You're here!" Madam Song sounded happy. "I thought the princess said that you wouldn't be!"

"Well I am here now." Byul could imagine Baekhyun scowling. "Really, where is she? Han Eunbyul?????"

Byul rolled her eyes and sighed softly. "I'M IN HERE!!" She hollered.

Baekhyun immediately perked up and ran in the direction of her voice. "Have you changed out of your dress yet? Let me seeeeee!!!" He clutched the curtain and Byul swallowed. "Don't! I'm not wearing anything!" She fibbed.

"Really? Even better!" Baekhyun swept the curtains to one side. His jaw dropped open as he circled Byul in her wedding dress, taking in the sight.

The reddish maroon hanbok was exquisitely made and it made Byul's fairer complexion seem even more milky. The skirt puffed up and there were lots of little flowers sewn around the edges of the skirt in golden thread.

"Wow." Baekhyun swallowed. "Eunbyul?"

"I can't believe you opened the curtain even when I said I wasn't wearing anything!" Byul pinked, slapping his arm. "ert."

"I knew you were lying. You wouldn't have told me you weren't wearing clothes if you really weren't." Baekhyun grinned knowingly. He eyed her up and down and sent a good sign towards Madam Song. "Nice dress!"

"This isn't even the finished product yet, Jeonha." Madam Song grinned proudly. "There's going to be more needle work and different intricate flowers sewn so the wedding dress that the princess is going to wear that day will definitely be better than this!"

Baekhyun grinned in approval while Byul tugged at her dress uncomfortably. "You don't think I look weird?

"No." Baekhyun rolled his eyes as if it was the dumbest question he had ever heard. "You'll make the prettiest bride ever and I'm the luckiest guy on earth to be the groom." he grinned at her genuinely. Byul softened and felt her cheeks heat up in a blush. She quickly looked away and cleared to hide her embarrassment.

"Flatterer." she muttered.

------

Outside, Chanyeol and Sora were waiting for the couple to be done. They shifted in their separate corners awkwardly, not knowing what to say or even whether to say anything at all. Finally, it was Chanyeol who broke the ice.

"So uhm, how is it working for Baekhyun hyung?" Chanyeol asked Sora good-naturedly, not knowing why he had to think so long to get that few words out. "Is he hard to work with?"

"Nope." Sora shook her head. "Jeonha doesn't fool around or play pranks like I heard he used to. In fact he's very cooperative and all I do is follow him around." she shrugged. "I can't really make a judgement right now because it's only been a few days on the job."

Chanyeol nodded and gave a smile. "You'll do fine." he offered. "If you need any help, you can look for me. I'll help."

Sora blinked for a bit before sending him a hesitant smile. "Thanks." she murmured, avoiding his gaze.

Chanyeol frowned, wondering why she didn't want to look him in the eye. Was he that scary? Or did she look down on him because he went to jail before?

Chanyeol shook his head and sighed softly. He had the tendency to think too much these days.

He spared another glance in her direction the same time she did. She quickly looked away and lowered her gaze to the ground, shifting further. Chanyeol frowned and furrowed his brows deeply.

Why in the world was Sora so fidgety and dodgy??