The Naughty Princess

The Kungfu Queen (Bodyguard Princess II)

"JEONHA!!!!" Maid Luna rushed into the room for the umpteenth time. "GONGJUMAMA IS MISSING AGAIN!!!!"

Baekhyun bit back a laugh and shook his head silently. He raised one hand and gave a curt nod to acknowledge the new information. "Noted." He murmured, putting down his book of troop formation and got up. "I'll go find her." Eunhyuk, who had become Baekhyun's bodyguard with Byul's absence too moved to follow him.

"And bring her back."

Baekhyun snapped his head towards the door and saw Head Attendant Kim. The Attendant scowled angrily at the crown prince and pursed her lips irritably.

Baekhyun felt his head start to ache at the sight of the Head Attendant. Head Attendant Jung had finally decided to retire back to her hometown to spend time with her family for good, and she had resigned from palace work. She had been a really strict teacher and mother to all of the princes and was a nanny figure in their childhood lives.

Despite how the princes had feared her because of her no nonsense attitude, they still loved her all the same because they could feel the genuine love and concern radiating from thie mother figure.

However since Head Attendant Jung had gone, Head Attendant Kim had taken over her place. And boy was she different.

Baekhyun never thought it was possible to meet someone even fiercer and stricter than Attendant Jung, but Attendant Kim had to prove her wrong. She was horribly strict on the crown prince and soon-to-be crown princess, never once giving slack.

Baekhyun sympathized with Byul when she had to go for her princess lessons, which were completely conducted by the devil Attendant Kim. She always came back to his quarters tired and listless.

Head Attendant Kim looked Baekhyun in the eye and he couldn't help but flinch once. "I'll try my best to look for Byul." Baekhyun murmured, not promising anything. "It depends if I can find her."

"You can, Jeonha." Attendant Kim smirked. "I have no doubt about it. You teenage lovebirds stick together all the time, of course you'd know where she would go. Stop covering up for her, Jeonha. She NEEDS these princess lessons and if you help her get away from them, it's not going to do her good."

Baekhyun let out a small sigh. "But really, Attendant Kim. She's the woman I love, I don't want to see her suffering every single day. Not even an hour's slack is given since the minute she wakes up in the morning and this is actually pissing me off." he admitted honestly. "She's still a girl, Attendant Kim. You can't treat her like some superhero from morning to night and expect her not to get tired."

"Oh so she's complaining to you right now?" Attendant Kim frowned, displeased. "That girl is horrible. Not only does she not perform well, she goes around insulting her teacher who is doing all she can to-"

"Attendant Kim." Baekhyun cut her off with the royal airs he possessed since he was young but rarely showed. He eyed the attendant in displeasure. "I will try my best to look for Byul, and if I find her, it depends on my mood whether I'll return her to you." he muttered. "This is my final answer, Attendant Kim. Take it or leave it."

He stormed out of the room and swept his robe as he went, obviously angry. Attendant Kim just huffed and shook her head, muttering things about the downfall of the nation and yada yada yada...

Baekhyun sighed softly as he strode confidently to his horse, not at once hesitating where he was supposed to go. Eunhyuk stopped in front of the horse and grinned at him. "I supposed you'll want alone time with her?" he wriggled his brows.

Baekhyun grinned back and thumped Eunhyuk on the back. "You know me so well bro. Thanks. Keep a look out for the devil, alright?" He hopped on his horse and patted it's head. "Go."

The horse trotted steadily and Baekhyun made it go to the back of the palace where there were some of the royal's own plantations. Those were the best fruits in the country, the best genes and quality. Just for the royals to enjoy, royalty heh.

He went to the area of the plantation where oranges were grown, one of the deeper sections of the plantations. He got off his horse when he saw a flash of pink amongst the trees and he laughed softly. He patted the horse on the head and it nodded once, trotting back to the stables.

Baekhyun crept towards a particular tree and saw Byul sitting on a branch as she swung her legs to and fro like a little kid, munching on an orange. She finished one and picked another, peeling the skin expertly.

She threw the skin casually over her head and it landed on Baekhyun's face.

"Oww." he flinched. "Baby, this is really a unique way of greeting me."

Byul blinked in surprise and she looked over her shoulder. She saw Baekhyun plucking the orange skin from his face and she let out an amused laugh. "Wow, I even have great aim when I don't mean to." she grinned. Byul shifted on the branch to face Baekhyun and he eyed the branch carefully.

"Don't move around too much and fall of that thing, alright?" he warned. "I might be strong but I don't think I'd be able to catch you."

Byul rolled her eyes. "I don't need you catching me, Ddong-ha." she wrinkled her nose. She sighed softly and hugged her knees, twisting her lips. "So, seeing how you came to find me...it means Attendant Kim has gone to look for you?" she closed her eyes momentarily.

Baekhyun frowned at how lethargic she looked and reached for the lowest branch. Damn, even that was higher than what he could reach.

"Yeah she came looking." he muttered. "But don't mind her, I told her off. She's going to cut you some slack." he assured.

Byul snorted. "Yeah right. She's going to get mad thinking that I complained to you about her and she's going to torture me more." she made a face. Byul sighed and looked down at Baekhyun and noticed how he was jumping up and down like a kangeroo.

"Ddong-ha, what in the world are you doing?" she raised her brows. "Are you trying to be a rabbit or kangeroo? Is it a new in thing I'm not aware of?"

Baekhyun shot her a look and sighed, stopping his vigorous exercise. "Can't you come down?" he huffed. "I can't even climb up this stupid thing to get to you." he made a face. "How in the world did you get up there anyway, and wearing a skirt, I might add." He rolled his eyes and shook his head. "Of course, you're Han Eunbyul."

Byul let out a laugh and hopped down from the tree, landing on her two feet beside Baekhyun. She beamed up at him. "Right you are, I'm Han Eunbyul." she puffed her chest. "One Attendant Kim isn't going to down my spirits."

Baekhyun smiled and tugged on her wrist, pulling her to him. He circled his arms around her waist and nuzzled her cheek tenderly, kissing her earlobe. "Of course." he murmured. "I, Byun Baekhyun, don't just fall in love with any random girl alright? When I do, she's going to be amazingly awesome."

"Might I remind you of Dahae?" Byul reminded playfully, throwing her arms around his neck. Baekhyun gave her a look as he rested his forehead against hers. "You meanie. I was young and ignorant, I didn't know what was good for me."

"Oh so you're going to marry me because I'm good for you, like herbs and exercise is too?" Byul raised her brows.

Baekhyun laughed and pulled her nearer, kissing her soundly on the lips. "No, I'm going to marry you because I love you, and I love you becaeuse you're perfect to me."

 

 

 

"I can't wait!" Sehun beamed. "Chanyeol hyung is going to be released soon!" he clapped. "Just two more weeks. TWO MORE WEEKS!"

Baekhyun nodded in agreement. Even though the boys went to visit Chanyeol frequently, it was different seeing Chanyeol squating in a jail cell as compared to seeing Chanyeol sitting next to them and laughing and chatting.

"I miss him too." D.O. admitted. "I can't wait for him to come out and we'll throw a party." he grinned. "He must have had a bad time in there."

The boys nodded. They were chilling in one of the pavilions that was further from the main hall so that the devil Attendant Kim wouldn't spot them.

"Anyway, when is the wedding going to be?" Suho asked Baekhyun in interest. "I can't wait for it, even though it's not even me." he admitted.

Baekhyun smiled at Byul and swung his arm around her shoulder. "It depends on her highness right here." he poked her cheek. Byul made a face and rolled here eyes. "No it's not up to me. It depends on when Attendant Kim decides I'm proper enough to become your princess." she sighed softly. "She's a slave driver, that one."

Kai snickered and shook his head. "What, you can take on the other muscular males at the Sporting Military Academy and you can't take simply princess lessons?"

"Don't laugh." Byul shot him a look. "You try enduring those lessons and I swear you'll go insane."

"Not far from how he already is." Sehun whispered.

Kai elbowed his cousin and the maknae howled. "HYUNG!" he whined, rubbing his tummy. "You have a violent edge! Cure it or you'll scare Minhee noona away, I tell you!"

Kai faltered at Minhee's name and he instantly turned red. He cleared his throat and looked away, biting his lips in embarrassment. D.O. leaned closer and laughed in amusement. "Kai, are you like...shy?"

"I'm not." Kai snapped, his cheeks reddening even more. "Aish, can't we change the topic back to Byul and the devil?"

Suho smiled and nodded, deciding to cut his dongsaeng some slack. "Do you still run away from your princess lessons, Byul?" he asked in interest. "You're a hot topic amongst the maids, servants and soldiers. I'm not kidding. They're always talking about the numerous different excuses you cook up with to escape the princess lessons. The last one I heard was that you had to feed your pet turtles. You don't even have pet turtles!"

"I heard one too." Sehun nodded. "You poured pomegranate juice on your skirt and pretended that you had your period, but that Attendant Kim actually managed to smell the juice! Wow, she's jjang."

D.O. shook his head. "No way, I heard you actually threw your shoe at the guard that was supposed to stop you from running away and it knocked him out cold!"

Byul reddened. "Why the hell are all of you talking about this? It's all in the past." she fanned herself.

"You mean you really did those things?" Kai guffawed. "Byul, you'd make the coolest Queen in the history of Korea. No kidding."

"Thanks for the boost of confidence." Byul muttered.

Baekhyun reached out to squeeze her hand assuringly and he sent a small smile. "You're the best Queen because you're Han Eunbyul, don't worry about it." he whispered.

And Byul suddenly felt like all her sufferings were worth it.