Jealousy: The Spice of Life

Jealousy: The Spice of Life

 

EXO-M was coming back to South Korea. Everytime Baekhyun thought about that piece of news over the last week he couldn't help but feel giddy. It seemed like it had been forever since he had seen his favorite Chinese maknae, the deer, that bag of chips, Baozi, Chen-which-sounds-like-orange, and... Kris. Just thinking about the Chinese leader, and the last face-to-face interaction they had, made Baekhyun blush.

Everyone was saying their goodbyes and Kris was being pushed away by the manager before Baekhyun had gotten a chance to say goodbye. Just as the singer was about to give up though, Kris darted around the EXO-M manager and ran back to give Baekhyun a hug- just Baekhyun- before conceding to the manager's outcrys and racing back to the van. That seemed like forever ago now; but finally, the day was here. The day when EXO-M would rejoin them in South Korea, and would be joining them once more.

Baekhyun could barely contain his smile as EXO-M entered the dorm. After a few minutes of obnoxiously loud greetings, Zitao had attached himself to the Korean singer's side and started spewing out stories in his own form of Korean. As the younger male attempted to keep the elder's attention, Baekhyun unknowingly allowed his eyes to wander.

Baekhyun dully noted as Kyungsoo and Yixing disappeared intp the kitchen, trailed by a hungry Kai and overly-excited Suho. Smiling a bit as he watched the EXO-K leader jump over the threshold into the kitchen, his eyes the flitted over to Luhan. Luhan's normally cheery atmosphere had all but been obliterated as the elder seemed to be sulking, that is until he was forced to stand up by Chanyeol and Chen. With Xiumin leading the way, the four of them disappeared into Chanyeol's bedroom. Then his eyes landed on Kris and Sehun. The youngest member had practically drapped himself over the EXO-M leader. Suddenly, a whine of "Baekhyun-oppa" pulled the singer from his thoughts (which had admittedly begun to turn sour- didn't Sehun like Luhan?) and he threw his gaze back to Zitao.

"Yah!" Baekhyun found himself reacting to the younger on instinct, "You're not a girl, Tao!" He reprimanded the younger, causing Zitao to smirk- dangerously, if Baekhyun were to be asked his opinion on the younger's current attitude.

"For you, I could be." It was loud enough for Sehun and Kris to hear, and the younger's tone was very suggestive as well. No sooner had Zitao finished speaking though, before the younger had climbed onto Baekhyun's lap.

Gulping visibly, Baekhyun leaned away from the younger with wide eyes, "Z-Zitao, wha-what are you doing?" He managed to stutter out, his mind panicking as he realized that Kris was still watching them.

"You'll see soon enough, oppa." Zitao made a show of slowly leaning closer to Baekhyun and wrapping his arms around the singer's neck, "I'm going to make your dreams come true." He murmured as he leaned his head on the elder's shoulder; only to be forcibly removed a few seconds later.

"That's enough, Zitao, Baekhyun's mine. Go entertain Sehun and Luhan." Kris growled out as he dropped Zitap into the youngest member's arms ina less-than-graceful manner.

Bakehyun merely watched as Tao immediately clung to the youngest while exclaiming, "Hunnie!" Which, after a peck on the youngest's cheek, was follwed up by, "Let's go get Luhan, our poor baby was feeling jealous." After the two younger members left the living room, Kris released a sigh and sat down beside Baekhyun.

"K-Kris?" Baekhyun was the first to break the silence that had taken hold of the room. When Kris turned to him, Baekhyun took that as his cue to continue talking, "B-Baekhyun's mine?" The singer visibly cringed as his voice cracked, resulting in a squeak on the final syllable of his sentence and his cheeks turning a barely visible shade of pink.

Kris froze for a few seconds, his own cheeks flushing a brilliant shade of red before he gave a decisive nod, "If you'll have me." Kris enlightened as he looked into Baekhyun's eyes, "It's not like it's a secret. I like you, Byun Baekhyun."

"And not Sehun?" Baekhyun quickly inquired, the pink on his cheeks becoming more visible with every passing second.

"Not Sehun, I think Tao and Luhan would have my head if it was Sehun." Kris was quick to confirm, a slight smile tilting the corners of his lips up.

It didn't take Baekhyun long to act upon Kris' words, crawling into place on the other's lap, arms connected around the EXO-M leader's neck, and a seemingly innocent smile on his lips, "So, will oppa be my boyfriend?"

Oblivious to the rest of the dorm the moment the word 'oppa' rolled off of Baekhyun's tongue, Kris released a low growl before standing up, his arms around Baekhyun's smaller frame, as he exited the living room in favor of the younger singer's bedroom. There was left no doubt in the minds of the remaining ten members what happened behind that door, but it did give a certain trio a few more... ideas.