64

Forbidden Boys

Saturday rolled around and Eunbi stood on the porch to Ahbin’s home, waiting for the other girl to open the door. One that flew open in a matter of seconds. She was greeted with a hug and a gentle tug of her wrist as Ahbin pulled her with inside. The coldness of winter was long forgotten as she stepped inside the warm and cosy hall that was filled with shoes and outerwear.

 

“Just dump your clothes here.” Eunbi did as told and then followed after Ahbin into the living room where several other people stood. Yixing, Kai, and Tao were standing next to one another, talking. Then there were some girls she’d never before met that sat on the couch. None of them paid any attention to her. In fact. The first one to acknowledge her presence was Kai, and Eunbi sent him a smile when he waved at her.

 

“Everyone is here now so let’s eat.” Ahbin disappeared off before she was able to hand over the present. So instead, Eunbi placed it down on the living room table next to the other gifts.

 

The kitchen, where they all were directed to, was filled with various pizza boxes and other snacks, along with several varieties of drinks already poured up in cups. It was a huge amount of food and Eunbi could feel water at the sight of a very delicious looking pizza with mushrooms, ham, and shrimp. So without further ado, she grabbed a slice and let her teeth sink into the deliciousness. A light nudge against her arm went by unnoticed by Eunbi, who continued to devour the pizza. She thought it was just someone who happened to brush against her when trying to get to the food. That’s at least what she believed until someone poked her in the side. Surprised by the sudden action, Eunbi glanced over her shoulder and at the person who stood on her right.

 

“Hi.” She felt rather relieved that it was Kai and not someone else. More over. Eunbi knew that any run-ins with Yixing would be awkward. Especially after that moment in the hallway with Sehun. It was a bothersome thought to think about. But Eunbi decided nonetheless that none of her problems were going to stand in the way. They were not going to ruin this day.

 

“How does it feel to soon become a junior?” She hadn’t really thought about it to be honest. School wasn’t exactly her first priority at the moment. Not since she got together with Sehun. Well. Of course school was important and all. But to keep her secret was somewhat more important. And with the mid-terms already over with, Eunbi could feel a bit relaxed. There wouldn’t be any more tests until they returned to school after the small break. In the mean time and during the break, she and Sehun had to come up with a plan as to what they were going to do. Because right now it seemed impossible to withhold such information from everyone. A secret like that would be brought to light one day or another and they had to be prepared when that day arrived.

 

“Good I guess. I don’t really know. I mean, it’ll probably be more homework right?” School was really no fun. Pressure to do well was always there and Eunbi found it incredibly stressing. Studying wasn’t something she was particularly good at either, which made it even harder for her.

 

“Why do you always look at the bad things? School is more than just homework and mid-terms.” Maybe that was true for him. But definitely not for Eunbi. Her mother was drilling her so hard that she sometimes wondered what would happen if she failed the University exams. A shiver ran down her spine just thinking about it. Then again. The on-going relationship with Sehun was probably enough to get the older woman to lose her mind.

 

“You got your swimming. I don’t have anything like that.” She sulked. None of the after school activities had interested her the slightest when she switched schools. But maybe that was something to think of for her next year. She’d just finished that thought when Ahbin’s voice interrupted. The other girl was laughing and clinging onto another girl. Eunbi smiled at the sight and then returned to eat her pizza in silence. Silence that didn’t last very long for her cell phone rang. Her heart leaped in her chest once she noticed it was Sehun who was calling. Eunbi slipped out of the room and hurried towards the hall and her outerwear before she stepped out on the porch. She couldn’t take the call until she was certain no one would be able to listen in.

 

“Hi.” She said and bit her lip as a huge smile threatened to spread on her lips.

 

“How long are you going to stay there?” Sehun was beyond impatient and wanted no more than for Eunbi to get back home. To his irritation she told him that she wouldn’t be back until several hours later. That it would be unfair towards Ahbin to leave so soon. Plus. Eunbi really wanted to be there and celebrate her friend’s birthday.

 

“What should I do then? I’m bored and there’s nothing to do.” Wow. Eunbi could barely believe what she was hearing. Sehun. Restless. That had to be new for he always seemed to be busy doing something. If he wasn’t lying in bed he was downtown. During her soon-to-be-one-year stay in Seoul he’d managed to be occupied most of the time. So what’d happened so suddenly? Was running around town no fun anymore? Or did something else happen?

 

“You’ll find something out. . . I know. Why don’t you write down your secrets on a piece of paper.” It was a very straight-forward request from her side, especially since she’d never really asked him to reveal anything about his past. There was the ordeal with his suicide attempt. But that was information Eunbi got from Luhan after much nagging. Well. It wasn’t like she could know for sure whether Sehun had any more secrets. But she was pretty certain that there were more considering the life he’d lived. With his father absent so much, with a mother that passed away far to early and last but not least. An older brother who was anything but supportive. She’d be surprised actually, if that was the only secret.

 

“So you’re telling me to reveal them all? What about you then? it’s not really fair if I’m the only one spilling the secrets.” True. He was right about that and Eunbi came up with the suggestion that they both were to write down whatever they wanted and then seal it in an envelope which was to be given to the other person when they were ready. It seemed fair enough since Sehun wouldn’t be the only one to expose himself that way. Whether he’d agree or not was still uncertain and Eunbi waited, eager to know if he thought it was a good idea or not.

 

The door flew open behind her and she ended the call without saying anything. Not even a goodbye.

 

“There you are. I was looking all over for you . . . Were you talking to someone?” Ahbin stepped out and closed the door behind her just as Eunbi blushed. She couldn’t hide it from her friend anymore and nodded. Well. Ahbin already knew about her and Sehun so there was nothing to hide.

 

“You were talking to Sehun, weren’t you?” Ahbin gave her a light playful shove in the side as well as a very obvious wink. The action made Eunbi laugh, if not in a slightly awkward manner. But it was nice not having to keep it a secret from everyone because Ahbin’s support meant a lot. Especially in a matter like this where no one would side with them. If only her mother and stepfather would be as understanding.

 

“How’s your relationship going so far? He’s treating you right I hope.” Knowing Sehun’s behaviour and what she’d seen him to, Ahbin was a bit worried. Like. There’d been several incidents at school where he lashed out. So her worries weren’t exactly unfounded, and this sparked some uncertainty within seeing as Eunbi wasn’t one to defend herself. Eunbi on the other hand defended Sehun and explained that he was treating her more than alright. He’d done nothing that’d made her doubt him or feel concerned.

 

“That’s good. But you have to promise me that if anything happens, you’ll tell me. Okay? It don’t just have to be about Sehun.” Eunbi nodded once more, thankful that she had Ahbin by her side, before they both went back inside. The sight of Kai and Tao greeted the two as they entered the living room. Everyone else seemed to still be eating and Ahbin disappeared off in the direction of the kitchen. This meant she was left alone with the two boys. Not that there was any problem with that.

 

“Why aren’t you eating?” They couldn’t possibly be full already. But she realized why when Tao explained they had a competition in a week and that pizza and snacks wasn’t the best food to fuel up on. Yeah. He was probably right about that. Still. Eunbi frowned at the thought of not being able to eat junk food. And it was about then that she noticed Yixing was nowhere to be seen. Not that it was any of her concern. They weren’t even together anymore. The answer to her curiosity came when he appeared from the kitchen, with Ahbin and the rest following close behind.


“Why don’t we proceed. I’ve got a few suggestions of what we can do -.” Eunbi stepped aside and thus let the others decide what they would be doing, before she sent Sehun a text saying she was sorry for just hanging up like that. She also included the fact that someone walked in on her and she became afraid the person in question might hear their conversation.