63

Forbidden Boys

Eunbi was so exhausted by the time she got back from school that she went to her room and collapsed on the bed. The day’s events were still fresh in mind and she could feel her pulse increase when she thought about the conversation she’d had with Ahbin. A conversation that’d been met with confusment, shock and amusement. What Eunbi found most incredible about it all, was that Ahbin didn’t seem disgusted. She still felt uneasy though, despite that.

 

“Is that you, Eunbi?” Her mother’s voice echoed in the hallway outside her room and was soon followed by a knock on the door.

 

“Yeah mom, it’s me.” The reply was partly muffled by her pillow, but still loud enough for the older woman to hear.

 

“Could you come down. We want to talk to you.” She sat up so fast the world around her spun for a second. This was so not good. Eunbi felt panic rise in her chest and she wondered if she could do a Sehun and jump out the window. It was a thought she considered for a brief moment before she came to the realization that she was too much of a chicken to attempt anything like that. She felt sick to her stomach and had to suppress the urge to throw up when she saw Sehun sitting in the armchair. Tears began to form in her eyes for she feared the worst. That they’d found out. What struck her the most though, was that Ahbin was the only one who knew about them. Had the other girl ratted her out? She didn’t want to believe it. Didn’t even want to think the thought. And it was with uneasy steps that Eunbi made way over the floor and sat down in the couch, her gaze flickering over to meet Sehun’s. He looked unfazed by the sudden meeting, which was a stark contrast to how she felt.

 

“Great. We’ve wanted to talk to the two of you.” Eunbi let her gaze fall to the armrest she was leaning against. She couldn’t help but feel ashamed. A feat that showed just how unprepared she was. It made her realize that the whole relationship thing with Sehun might have gotten to her head. Eunbi was not ready for this, for all the commotion that would follow as soon as the truth was revealed. It would be chaotic to say the least, and she was uncertain if she would be able to handle it. Eunbi was very different from Sehun in that manner, for she knew he wouldn’t care about what anyone thought.  

 

“We want to hold a small gathering as a way to celebrate Luhan’s graduation. But we need to rearrange things in order to do so, especially if you want your grandmother and Kyungsoo to come.” Eunbi heaved a huge sigh of relief as the dreaded conversation wasn't about her and Sehun, but rather about Luhan’s graduation.

 

“We’re thinking you and Sehun could sleep here in the living room and let your grandma take your room and Kyungsoo Sehun’s. Would that be alright with you guys? It’s only for a night.” She glanced at Sehun like she needed some kind of confirmation before directing her attention towards her mother. The older woman stared right at Eunbi, who gulped. She couldn’t shake the uneasy feelings away and looked back at Sehun. He needed to say something. Anything. But he didn’t and Eunbi was left trying to come to an agreement regarding what would happen on the said day. And so her mother and stepfather explained the details and what they had in mind.

 

For a small party it ended up sounding the complete opposite.

 

Eunbi disappeared back up to her bedroom as soon as the conversation was over. Mostly to get away from the two adults, but also because she was disappointed with Sehun and his lack of reaction. He hadn’t uttered a single word during the forty minutes they’d talked and it made Eunbi wonder if he was ready for the conflictions that most likely would take place in the future. Maybe he thought their relationship could be hidden forever? No. He couldn’t possibly think that seeing as he was so eager to let everyone know. So why was he acting like . . . Eunbi froze in her step, her eyes widening as a certain thought crossed her mind. He’d been quiet because he really did not care if the truth was revealed. It didn’t matter to him at all, which she should’ve realized earlier that day when she told him about Ahbin and the fact that she knew of them.

 

She ran up the last flight of steps before she threw herself on the bed and buried her face in the pillow. Eunbi cried out her frustration all the whilst she hit the mattress with her clenched fists. She was beyond irritated at Sehun and the way he was acting. He’d promised to lay low and yet he behaved like someone who couldn’t care less. Would he still be as careless when everyone voiced out their disgust? Would he still remain silent when people stared and whispered and -. Eunbi’s mind went into overload and she screamed, the sound muffled by the pillow. His confidence was suddenly more of a burden.

 

The bed dipped slightly and she glanced up, her heart skipping a beat when she saw that Sehun lay there. He’d entered her room without her noticing. The moment of surprise soon turned to fear as his action might get them in trouble. Eunbi told him to get off, telling him that it wouldn’t look good if their parents happened to stumble in on them like this.

 

“The door is locked.” He stated matter-of-factly before reaching out to brush the hair out of her face. His skin against hers made Eunbi blush and it took her every ounce of willpower to not break the eyecontact. Having him so close was an odd feeling. Not in a bad way. Just, a very exciting way. She was kind of nervous though, seeing as this was something new, something she hadn’t experienced before. But whatever thoughts she had, Sehun quickly overshadowed them when his hand came to rest at her waist. An innocent action maybe, but Eunbi’s heart raced nonetheless.

 

“Am I allowed you kiss you now?” Sehun inched a little closer and had even began to lean in when Eunbi slapped a hand over his mouth.

 

“Don’t think I’m letting you off the hook.” She was still upset at him. At his lack of consideration regarding their relationship. One they’d agreed to keep quiet about, but that now suffered the possibility of being exposed. Eunbi needed for him to realize that this was no childsplay. That this was serious and that hell would, without a doubt, rise when their secret was revealed. Sehun only sighed when she explained this. He felt the exact opposite to what Eunbi did.

 

Eunbi heaved a sigh and let her hand fall down on the mattress again when Sehun tried to speak.

 

“Why does it matter so much what others think?” He frowned, displeased by the fact that she paid far too much attention to what other people thought of them, of their relationship. The difference between the two showed, for in comparison to Sehun’s relaxed and laid back self, Eunbi was bothered. She couldn’t help it. Not with all the bad experiences she’d gone through the past couple of months. All of that made her uneasy of what the future held.

 

“Because this. Us. Is forbidden.” No one would understand their point of view. Instead, they were only going to focus on their so-called family ties. Which wouldn’t have existed if it wasn’t for their parents marriage. All in all. Blood-related or not would make no difference for people’s focus would solely be on the fact that they lived under the same roof.

 

“And what do you think our parents are going to say?” The reaction from her own mother was one she wasn’t looking forward to. In fact. Eunbi wished the older woman never found out about them. An impossible wish maybe. And Sehun didn’t make it easier on her either as he pulled her closer so she was flushed against him, his lips dangerously close to her own. A gentle smile lit up his face and Eunbi felt a certain sense of warmth settled within as a result. It was not an everyday occurrence exactly, to see him smile.


“It doesn’t matter what they think, okay?” She let herself believe that as she gave his lips a light peck and then nuzzled her face in the crook of his neck.