58

Forbidden Boys

Eunbi hid away in her bedroom as soon as they returned from the supermarket. The reason for that was Luhan. He’d been complaining and making a huge fuzz. It even went so far that Sehun snapped at his brother during the bus ride home. All in all. Eunbi needed some peace and quiet. At least for a moment because she knew the coming days would be hell-like.

 

And just like she expected, the peace and quiet didn’t last very long. It took five minutes. Max. Before Eunbi heard them arguing. She buried her head under the pillow as a way to block out the sound. It worked, but a nagging feeling grew inside her chest, and with a sigh she sat up and glared at the door.

 

“You’re going to regret this.”

 

Eunbi slipped out of bed and with heavy steps made her way downstairs. Luhan and Sehun stood in the kitchen, and she understood then, why she couldn’t depend on either of them. None of the groceries had been taken care of, which irritated her greatly. To be honest. She was getting really sick of the hostility between the two brothers. They were almost adults, yet they acted nothing like it. Disappointed and without a word, Eunbi stepped forward and began to unload the groceries from the bags. She paid no attention to either Luhan or Sehun and instead focused on the food. The latter frowned when he noticed the girl. More so because of her hand.

 

“Don’t.” Sehun grabbed the package of meat from Eunbi’s hand and then told her to go rest. She ignored him though, and took the package back and put it in the fridge. The sigh Sehun heaved went by unnoticed by Eunbi, who sidestepped him and took care of the rest. Luhan watched, amused and with a satisfying smile on his lips. He thought the whole thing was hilarious.

 

“Doesn’t our princess want any help?” Luhan laughed at his own words. One who didn’t find it funny was Sehun. He glared at his brother and told him to shut up. This was of course not well-received by Luhan.

 

“Why don’t you shut up yourself. Huh.” having had enough of their constant fighting, Eunbi shut the refrigerator door a little harder than necessary, before she walked out of there and slumped down in the couch. Much to her disappointment there were nothing to watch. Nothing that fit her taste to be exact. So. Instead of torturing herself with some boring show, Eunbi flipped the channel and set up the playstation so she could play.

 

Her injured hand became a problem rather quick and she grew more and more distressed that she couldn’t press the buttons without feeling pain. It annoyed her to such an extent that she expressed her frustration by yelling at the tv. The action surprised not only herself, but Sehun and Luhan as well. They’d never seen the younger girl lash out like that, with very few exceptions, and the latter were fast to comment on it. He said something about liking her fierce side. Eunbi wasn’t hundred percent sure because she hadn’t been listening to him. She was too preoccupied with the game and her hand that hurt like hell. More over. She was irritated at herself and the fact that she slipped when holding the pot with noodles. The memory of when the warm broth came in contact with her skin sent shivers down her spine. It was a special kind of pain. One she never wanted to experience again.

 

And whilst Eunbi focused on the game, Luhan took a seat next to the girl, who paid no attention to him. She had already decided that whatever he did, she wouldn’t care. Sehun disliked it immensely though and made sure Luhan knew that by giving the older a don’t-you-ing-touch-her glare. This was something Luhan set himself right away as he moved a little closer to Eunbi.

 

“Why don’t I play for you? Or with you.” Luhan stared at his brother when he said the last sentence. Those three words were enough to get Sehun riled up. He advanced forward and though hesitant, he placed himself down on the opposite side. This meant Eunbi had both brothers sitting next to her. The lack of space with the two around made the girl a bit annoyed. She couldn’t move like she wanted and sent Luhan, who’d now moved even closer, a glance. The latter didn’t react. In fact. He leaned against her and thereby disturbed Eunbi, who shrugged her shoulder in an attempt to make him move away. Unfortunately for the girl, he still clung to her.

 

Growing more and more frustrated, she scooted a little closer towards Sehun, hoping that Luhan wouldn’t follow suit. But he did. Of course. And this became too much for her. So without really thinking, she sent her elbow against his ribcage. Luhan already saw it coming and managed to dodge the blow, a scoff escaping his lips.

 

“Oh. So it’s okay to be squeezed against him.” Eunbi paused the game, turned to Luhan, and sighed. She’d reached a boiling point.

 

“Oh. So it’s okay to be . . .” she repeated his words in a overly sarcastic manner before she continued, a deep frown on her lips, “ off. Please.” Eunbi was so tired after everything that’d taken place that day. From breaking up with Yixing, to burning her hand, and now this. It was simply too much.

 

“No. But I’ll gladly you.” Eunbi rose to her feet, flung the controler at Luhan and then, without word, headed for her bedroom. She locked herself in there, furious and thoroughly pissed off at the older male. Did he really think he was funny? That he’d get anywhere with such foul and disgusting words. Sickened by it all, Eunbi threw herself on the bed, careful to not land on her hand, and buried her face in the soft pillow. Several thoughts were running through her head. She wanted it all to be over. Wanted everything to return to how it used to be before they moved to Seoul.  

 

A feeling of exhaustion overwhelmed Eunbi as she lay there, and it didn’t take long till she was asleep. It took hours before a knock on the door woke her up. Eunbi tried to seem unaware of it though, as she closed her eyes and drifted back to sleep. Unfortunately for her, the person on the other end of the door continued, meaning that she awoke once again.

 

“What?” still drowsy and with half-lidded eyes, Eunbi sat up and waited for an answer.

 

“Food.” Sehun’s voice filled her ears. The mere thought of getting something to eat made her stomach growl. But just as she was about to stand, another, more serious question popped up. Luhan. She wouldn’t leave the room if he was home, something she also told Sehun.

 

“He left a while ago.” her stomach growled once more, as if telling her that it was okay. That she could go and eat without having to worry about Luhan. Eunbi was not entirely convinced though, and grew a bit hesitant when it became silent. What if it was just Luhan trying to trick her. That it was him who stood on the other side of the door, pretending to be Sehun. She gulped, slid off the bed, and sneaked over to the door. Quietly and without trying to arouse suspicion, Eunbi pulled the key from its place and then stared into the keyhole. A pair of eyes met hers and she fell back, only to land on her with a thud. The eye contact may have lasted for a second only. But Eunbi was nonetheless certain that the boy on the other side was in fact Sehun and no one else. He must’ve heard when she pulled the key away. And with her stomach roaring for food, she took the decision to leave her room.

 

“See. I told you he’s not home.” with the exception of his voice, the rest of the house was dead quiet. A sigh of relief escaped Eunbi’s lips as the two of them made way down the stairs and into the kitchen where a box of pizza lay on the table. watered at the sight, every other thought were temporarily forgotten and she stole a glance of Sehun, who told her to take a seat. And whilst she did that, the male brought forward plates and two cans of soda.

 

Sehun placed himself down opposite of Eunbi. His gaze rested on her even after she’d started eating, which she noticed after a while.

 

“What? Is something wrong?” he shook his head in reply even though a question kept on bothering him. He wanted to ask her about a certain thing, but wondered if it was the right time. As time passed, the need of knowing the truth became too much. He could simply not wait anymore, especially as Luhan’s words rang in his ears, and therefore spoke.

 

“Why did you break up with Yixing?” his straightforwardness was nothing new, but it was the topic itself that caused the girl to drop her slice of pizza. She was taken aback by the sudden question. Mostly because he’d never cared about her relationship with Yixing before, and also because Eunbi thought no one knew of the break-up.


“Because.” she shrugged her shoulders in attempt to look unfazed by the ordeal. The reality was another though, for Eunbi knew very well why they’d broken up. But that was not shared with Sehun, who nodded and decided to let it go. At least for the time being. At the same time, upstairs and unbeknownst to the two, did her cell phone recieve a text message. It contained information about the following day and the two people who were coming to visit.