49

Forbidden Boys

She met up with Ahbin and the two of them decided rather fast that they wanted to watch a movie at the cinema. A rather relaxing and not so demanding activity. All in all. Eunbi was glad to start off the day with a romcom that could lift her mood. Especially after her horrendous morning with Luhan. Two hours of nothing but laughter felt great and Eunbi was energized and happy for the first time in two days. And she promised herself to not bother about anything that was going on at home as they made way for their next destination. A nearby café that served, at least according to Ahbin, the best hot cocoa.

“Have you talked to Yixing?” Eunbi wasn’t entirely sure as to why she was asking Ahbin that. Well. Deep within she knew the reason. But would never admit to being a bit worried about the relation between Ahbin and him. She was concerned since they hadn’t talked for several days and it was starting to eat at her. What if he was having second thoughts about their relationship? Maybe he’d come to regret it and . . .

“I don’t think I’ve talked to him since I left for Hokkaido.” Ahbin shrugged her shoulders, as if the lack of contact was of no importance.

“He’s probably busy with the competitions.” Eunbi wanted to believe that. She really did. But a small part of her was in doubt. A tiny part still feared the worst.

“Yeah. You’re probably right.” she tried to smile, tried to trick her brain into thinking that Ahbin was right and that there was nothing wrong. It worked somewhat even though it still came to mind once in awhile. Even when they arrived at the café and ordered their drinks did she think of Yixing. The worry grew like a lump in her stomach and it was not before long that she felt her heart throb in distress. Was it normal to feel this way? Eunbi glanced at Ahbin from across the table just as the other girl checked something on her cell phone. Was this how it’d felt for Ahbin when she snatched Yixing? The anxiety grew and Eunbi began to question her own actions. Had she made the right decision to get together with Yixing? Eunbi felt bad. Really bad to be exact because it wasn’t like she hadn’t known about Ahbin’s crush on the older male when she agreed to be his girlfriend.

The drinks arrived right about then and thus distracted Eunbi from the bothersome thoughts for a moment.

“Take a sip. I promise you it’ll be the best cocoa you’ve ever tasted.” Ahbin smiled, to which Eunbi grabbed a hold of the mug and put it to her lip. The warm liquid was a tad too hot, but not scolding, and she took a small gulp before setting the mug back down on the table. Indeed. It was delicious. Not as good as her grandmother’s, but definitely better than her mother’s.

“It’s good, isn’t it?” Eunbi nodded before she took yet another sip. The rich flavour was an instant energy booster and she truly understood why hot cocoa was the best on cold winter days. The subject changed rather fast after that, a bit too fast maybe, for Ahbin did suddenly ask what she’d done on Christmas Eve and if she’d received any fun gifts. The kiss Sehun forced on her was the first thing that came to mind even though it hadn’t taken place on Christmas Eve. Then again, Christmas Day was also included in the whole holiday celebration. There’d been no gifts though, since her mother, according to the woman herself, had no time to go look for any.

“Only Sehun and I were home so we played video games.” Eunbi didn’t mention the kiss. She thought it was unnecessary since it meant nothing to her. Moreover, it would only cause trouble and misunderstanding if anyone else were to know what’d happened. Instead, she moved on and asked Ahbin what her family had done.

“You know, the usual. Presents, some skiing, drunk parents and to top it off, the yearly argument. Nothing new.” Ahbin laughed it all off. There was simply no reason to be upset since it happened every year, and she knew it could’ve been much worse. Eunbi on the other hand, was surprised by how cool and unfazed her friend seemed to be about that, like it didn’t even matter. More so since Eunbi knew for a fact that she herself would have been anxious and concerned if she’d witnessed her mother and stepfather argument.

“I guess we had equally boring Christmases.” oh. Eunbi was pretty sure Ahbin would have changed her mind about that if the other girl knew what’d occurred in the living room on Christmas Day. How Sehun sneaked up on her and stole a kiss. But that was something Ahbin would never know. That was something Ahbin couldn’t know.

“Yeah.”

With that conversation taken care of they finished their drinks and headed out. More people had taken to the streets and the sun had disappeared behind the horizon. Day had turned into evening and the two of them decided to take the subway to Hongdae. What they were supposed to do there, she didn’t know. At least not until Ahbin explained how she wanted to visit an old friend who worked at a bar. Eunbi didn’t believe it. She thought her friend was joking for the simple reason that they weren’t old enough to get into a bar. That’s why she, once they arrived outside the place Ahbin said her friend worked at, was at loss of words.

“Wait here. I’ll be right back.” Eunbi could only watch, mildly surprised and slightly horrified, as Ahbin disappeared around the corner. She had an idea of where the other girl was heading. But hoped she would be wrong. So when Ahbin appeared a moment later, motioning with her hand at Eunbi and telling her to hurry over, she knew it couldn’t be good.

“Come on.” without further ado, Ahbin latched onto her hand and dragged her inside the bar. Music was the first thing that met her as they entered through the backdoor. That was soon followed by a male, who greeted them both and then ushered them inside. Eunbi scanned the dimly lit room. Men and women were sitting at the bardisk, drinking and chatting with each other. Waitresses were taking orders and going about doing their work. It was definitely different from what Eunbi expected it to be, which was music playing on the highest volume and drunk people all over the place.

“Why don’t the two of you take a seat.” Eunbi knew it was a bad idea, but Ahbin went with it and pulled her along to the bardisk, where the two of them sat down. The latter was smiling and seemed quite unfazed actually. It was a stark difference from how Eunbi felt, for she was uneasy and wanted to leave. And it sure didn’t get better when Ahbin’s friend asked if they wanted anything to drink. It was a bad idea. A really bad idea, and Eunbi hoped her friend would pass up on the offer.

“We shouldn’t.” a wave of relief swept through Eunbi. She was so relieved that it took a few moments before she notice the group of guys that’d suddenly surrounded the two of them. They were older, obviously, and it became apparent rather quickly what they wanted. To drink and have some fun. Two things neither of them were interested in. None of the guys took their words seriously though, for they all continued to pursue them.

“Come on. Let’s have some fun.” panic began to spread within Eunbi when one of the guys wrapped an arm around her shoulder. It was uncomfortable and she looked at Ahbin, who reacted in an instance by shoving the male away.

“Why is it so hard to understand that we’re not interested.”

Chaos ensued after that and Eunbi was certain a fight would’ve followed if it hadn’t been for Ahbin’s friend, who ordered the men to leave. Something they, much to her ease, did. But the feeling was not long-lived because she caught sight of a certain male. He was seated at a table in the corner, somewhat hidden by the light. What bothered Eunbi more than his presence was the fact that he seemed to be flirting with one of the waitresses.

“Can we go now.” no persuasion was needed for Ahbin agreed in an instant. The latter thought it was a result of what’d just happened and paid no further attention to the reason. And they were right about to leave when Eunbi, stupid as she was, glanced over to where Sehun sat. Their eyes met and she felt herself gasp for air, as if someone had punched her in the stomach. His stoic expression gave nothing away though, and she felt anxious about his lack of reaction. Was he not curious to know why she was there? Or maybe he was too busy ogling the waitress to even care. Either way, she frowned and reached out to tug at Ahbin’s hand.

“Oppa we’re leaving.” Eunbi spared Sehun a quick look all the whilst Ahbin was saying her goodbyes.

~~~

Author's Note
I can't thank you guys enough because I would never have been featured if it wasn't for you ^^
So thank you for giving me the best possible Christmas gift =D