24

Forbidden Boys

 

 

Saturday and no school. Eunbi should’ve been glad. But she wasn’t, for her mother had ordered her to clean the whole house. All because she hadn’t listened to the older woman. All because she hadn’t returned home directly after school. The girl wasn’t even allowed to sleep in as her mother made sure she woke up right before the two adults went to work. “Honey its time to wake up.” Eunbi groaned in response, shifted around and then fell back asleep. She didn’t think it was fair how she was the only one getting punished, more so since both Luhan and Sehun were spending their time on far more dangerous and unethical stuff. “Eunbi get up. We’ve already talked about this.” her mother pulled the blanket away, thus letting all the warmth out. “Mom.” the girl complained and reached for the duvet, her attempt however, was met with failure, “get up now.”

 

Eunbi stood, a minute or two later, in front of the bathroom mirror, staring at her own reflection whilst brushing her teeth. She was downright furious how unfair it all was. That Sehun and Luhan were sound asleep didn’t exactly ease the anger she felt. It only fueled the feeling. “Eunbi we’re leaving now.” the girl refused to acknowledge the statement and instead kept her focus on what she was doing as the front door shut close. Really, she’d spent one evening out having fun and all hell broke loose because of it. But to get back in bed and thereby ignore the punishment wouldn’t work. She knew that from past experiences, and therefore headed downstairs as soon as she’d showered and changed clothes. The girl decided it was best to get it over and done with fast, because only then could Eunbi do whatever she wanted.

 

The vacuum cleaner was first to be brought out, as it was loud and would make a lot of noise, which in turn were going to disturb the two males. And true that, it took less than five minutes from that she’d started for one of them to make themselves known. Eunbi only noticed him though, after he’d pulled the contact from its place and thereby silenced the vacuum cleaner. The girl her heel, ready to yell at whomever of the two it was, only to come to a halt when she saw Luhan half and wearing nothing more than a pair of shorts. “Will you cut it out. I’m trying to sleep.” and she was supposed to care or what? Eunbi scoffed, fed up by his actions, “good luck.” with that she walked up to the male, completely unfazed by the fact that he was almost , snatched the contact from him, and plugged it back in, the vacuum cleaner buzzing to life as a result. Luhan wasn’t one to give up though, for he tore the contact from its place once again, “are you stupid? I said -.” much to his surprise, the girl left and headed over to the kitchen, something he took as a statement that she would wait. Thinking he’d won Luhan made his way back upstairs. The feeling of victory wasn’t long lived though, and he cursed when the girl began to slam with the cupboards. Every other second a loud sound could be heard and Luhan gave up. He couldn’t sleep if she continued making so much noise. Irritated he slipped out of bed and got dressed. Sehun must’ve had enough of it as well, for he looked mildly amused as he, too, made his way down the staircase.

 

“Will you shut up.” Eunbi ignored the voice and continued on with the dishes. She wouldn’t listen to anything Luhan, or for that matter, Sehun, said, as the latter had been the one to utter the words. “YAH.” sure, Luhan was always creepy but no one could measure with Sehun when he got mad. It made her hesitate for a brief moment. “Are you even listening?” Sehun growled and stalked forward, his hand latched onto her wrist, just like it’d done the previous day, before he pulled hard. The glass she’d been holding in her other hand fell to the floor with a loud crash, glassplitter flying everywhere. “Let me go.” the girl’s demand wasn’t met and Luhan could simply watch as his younger brother forced Eunbi to follow with. But not without being a bit bothered.

 

They came to a stop in the living room. Eunbi’s heart was pumping so violently she could almost feel it press against her ribcage. “Aren’t you going to let go.” furious, the girl tried to withdraw her hand from Sehun’s grasp, all to avail for he only tightened his hold until it hurt. “This is your own fault.” really? It was her fault for doing what? Following her mother’s words? For doing what she was told? No. To put the blame on Eunbi wasn’t fair, and she made that known rather quick, “How can it be my fault? And why am I treated like this?” she heard, much to her own distress, Luhan laugh from his place in the doorway. “Shouldn’t that be obvious?” no. It wasn’t obvious. Eunbi couldn’t understand the reasons they had, and what gave them the right to behave as such. “This is our house. Not yours. You’re just a plague. Someone who’s intruded and caused nothing but trouble.” it stung hearing Luhan say that. It hurt more than he probably realized. That Sehun remained silent and did absolutely nothing didn’t exactly help either. He must feel the same way since he kept his mouth shut. “I’m so done with this.” it wasn’t often that she raised her voice. But desperate times call for desperate measures. “I hate you.” she cried, tears forming in the corner of her eyes. Eunbi wasn’t going to stay around any longer. She’d had enough. “I hate the both of you.” none of the males said anything. Though, Luhan smirked as the girl managed to break free from Sehun, the latter didn’t even react and his expression gave nothing away.

 

With a thousand emotions swirling around, she stomped her way up the stairs, slammed her bedroom door shut, and locked it. All that before she took a hold of her schoolbag and flipped it upside down, the contents falling to the floor in a heap of books, papers, pencils, and other school related stuff. Eunbi was so upset she couldn’t care less of her belongings as she collected the most important things, the ones she would bring along back to Daegu. There weren’t a lot of room though, and she found it hard zipping the bag shut due to the overwhelming amount of clothes and objects that’d been shoved into it. A lot of willpower and the fact that she never again would lay her eyes on Luhan or Sehun was enough to energize her, the zip being sealed close as a result. Eunbi wasn’t even the slightest regretful that she was leaving. There were only an immense feeling of relief when she, a moment later, unlocked and exited her bedroom for the last time.

 

“Where are you going?” Luhan placed himself in her path just as she’d stepped away from the staircase. “None of your business.” she wasn’t going to give him the satisfaction to gloat in her misery, and had set out to leave in an instant. But to her dismay, the male seemed to have other things in mind, “oh but I think it is.” he had to have some real mental problems, for one second he could spew all his hate at her, whilst the other one, he was interested and wanted to know everything. “You’re running away, aren’t you?” yes. But it wasn’t like it mattered to him. “So what if I am?” Eunbi shot Luhan a hard stare, and was right about to step around the older male when he spoke, “shouldn’t I get a farewell kiss?” the smirk on his face and the way he looked at her was enough for Eunbi to snap, and all the anger that’d been building up for months were unleashed in a few seconds. She punched him straight in the face, and for good measures, kicked him in the family jewels. Seeing him go down, pain written all over his face, was an indescribable feeling of joy, “there. That’s the only ‘kiss’ you’ll get.” the image of him laying on the floor, writhing around and muttering curse words, were the last she’d see of him. And it felt good. She’d given back for the distress he’d caused. At least a small part of it.

 

The girl spared Sehun a glance, his indifference obvious, before she headed for the front door and the train station in downtown Seoul. He was probably just as glad to get rid of her as Luhan were. Not that she expected anything else.

 

Eunbi tried to remain calm when she stood in front of the ticket booth half an hour later, and realized she didn’t have any money to buy a train ticket. Her mother had made sure of that. Or, if she was going to be truthful, Sehun, since he’d been the one to destroy the tv. Distraught by the harsh reality, the girl moved away and slumped down on a bench. Without money she wouldn’t be able to get anywhere. This was all Sehun’s fault. She would’ve been able to get back to Daegu if it wasn’t for him, something that seemed impossible now. Not even her credit card was of help as her mother blocked it quite immediately after the incident. No money, no money, no money. The girl was stuck. She refused to go back there again.

 

And three hours later Eunbi remained seated on the same bench, thinking and trying to come up with a way to earn money. The possibility of finding a legal job was close no none though, since she was not only a high school student, but underage as well. As if to make matters worse, her stomach roared. But food was the least of her concern. She needed to find a job, one that paid in cash and was enough to a train ticket. Where a job like that existed Eunbi didn’t know.

 

The clock continued to tick. Several hours passed by just like that and the girl was no closer to resolving her current problem. And slowly did the cruelty of it all make itself known. No money meant no ticket and no Daegu. To show herself in front of Luhan wasn’t possible either. Not after what she’d done. Surely he would kill her if she stepped into that house again. The thought of it made the girl shiver. Sehun then, what would he do if she headed back there? Help his brother? Somehow that seemed rather unlikely, more so as the male hadn’t moved a muscle when Luhan collapsed to the floor a few hours earlier.

 

“Eunbi?” she looked up, glanced around, and to her shock, found Yixing standing there. He was all by himself and without Ahbin clinging onto him. “Are you going somewhere?” she wasn’t sure what to say, for she wanted to get away from there, but couldn’t. “I -eh, I don’t know.” Yixing nodded and much to Eunbi’s surprise, took a seat next to her. Just his mere presences had her heart doing somersaults. “You?” she dared him a quick glance whilst she waited for his answer, only to freeze as he turned to look at her, their eyes meeting. “My mother is coming home.” he smiled, his dimple showing, “but I think her train has been delayed.” it was Eunbi’s time to nod, her cheeks flushing crimson as he continued to let his gaze rest on her. God he was handsome. But just like all beautiful things, they come to an end. And this time it was her cell phone that interrupted. As if that wasn’t bad enough, the caller ID showed something even worse. Her mother. It continued to ring and ring and ring. “Aren’t you going to answer?” normally yes. Now no. “It’s okay. It’s nothing important.” she stuffed the device back in her pocket, but only after having made sure it was turned to mute. Her mother was so not going be to happy. But then again, it was just another thing added to the list of wrongdoings she’d committed that day. She hadn’t cleaned the house. She’d given Luhan a piece of her mind, and to top it off, ran away. It couldn’t possible get worse than that.

 

“Are you alright?” Eunbi nodded once more, clearing her head of all thoughts about her mother and Luhan. She didn’t want to bother him with her troubles. Even if she did. Even if she told him, he would probably not understand. No one could. Not even her mother seemed to realize how much damage Luhan and Sehun inflicted upon her. “That’s g -.” he didn’t get the chance to finish, for a woman stepped up to them, her voice calling out Yixing’s name. “I’ve missed you.” Eunbi smiled as Yixing got up and wrapped his arms around his mother, “I missed you, too.” the sight sent a pang of jealousy right through her. She wished her own mother could show affection like that. The smallest bit of love would be enough, for it was better than nothing.


Eunbi’s phone buzzed again, thereby disturbing her from Yixing and his mother’s reunion. It was yet another call from her mother, one she also pressed away. But the phone continued to ring and Eunbi found no other choice but to answer, a choice she immediately came to regret. “I want you home this instance.” Eunbi refused, she wasn’t going home. Not until her mother did something about Luhan and Sehun. “Mom. You don’t understand anything.” it was painful to think about everything that’d slipped the older woman’s attention. “What am I supposed to understand?” how miserable I am. “What they’ve done,” she paused, the emotions resurfacing, “everything they’ve done,” she could feel the tears again, “mom. You need to tell their father to do something or I’m never coming home.” Eunbi made it obvious how she wouldn’t return until the two adults decided to take action. “I don’t understand what you’re talking about. What have they done?” the girl cried for real now. The suffering of having to explain the ual harassment from Luhan’s side to her own mother was enough for Eunbi to give up. She couldn’t utter a single word. And therefore ended the call. It was all up to her mother now.