21

Forbidden Boys

 

 

She found it real hard to study, for her attention kept on wandering back to Sehun’s words. The ones he’d uttered the day before. How he hated them, Eunbi and her mother. Sure, she could somewhat understand him and his obvious want to not have two, practically unknown people, disturb his life. The girl knew it was hard, for she too, were going through the same thing. But there were quite a few differences between the two. She’d never met her real father, nor had she grown up with a lot of money. Sehun on the other hand, spent quite a few years together with his mother. Maybe that was something to be thankful of, to not having known her father. It definitely spared her the grief of losing a parent. The sudden thought of death made her uneasy as it was a subject she normally didn’t think too much about.

 

Clearing her head of the thoughts, she moved over and looked at the clock. It was half an hour left until lunch. In other means, enough time to catch a break and take a quick shower. The food was already prepared by her mother and only waiting to be reheated as soon as the clock hit 12 PM. Eunbi hesitated though, once she entered the hallway and glanced at Sehun’s door. What if he tried again? Did she dare turn her back at him? Would it be too much to lock him in? It was possible, seeing how every key in the house worked on all doors. Carefully, she sneaked over to Luhan’s room, grabbed the key from the lock and then made her way over to Sehun’s bedroom door. Hopefully he wouldn’t hear the lock click. Even if he did, Eunbi wasn’t going to unlock it before she’d showered. Luck seemed to be on her side, for he didn’t notice when she turned the key and locked Sehun inside his room. Relieved, the girl headed back to her own room, once there she grabbed a new set of clothes and hurried over to the bathroom. Eunbi had to be quick in case he started suspecting something.

 

What she didn’t know though, was that Sehun indeed heard the lock, and immediately went to work in an attempt to unlock it. Taking a piece of paper and a pencil from his study desk, he walked up to the door and slid the paper under it, hoping the idea would work. Once sure the paper was in the right position he took the oblong object, placed it in the keyhole and swirled it around until he heard the key land on the floor. Much to his misfortune and irritation he noticed, after he’d pulled the paper back, that the key hadn’t landed on it, which gave Sehun no choice but to think of something else. To break it open wouldn’t work, he’d already tried that before without success. There had to be another way. He abandoned the door for a moment, taking a few steps into the room all the whilst he let his gaze roam the space in search of a way out. The window. It wasn’t that far down, and it wouldn’t be too much of a problem if he happened to injury himself some more. Less school and more sleep. A pretty good deal even if he ended up breaking a bone or two. Still, he was a bit hesitant nonetheless as he sat there, on the windowsill and stared down at the grass below. Sehun estimated the height to be about three meters. Blood, or pain for that matter, weren’t exactly his best friends. It could work though, but only if he managed his landing.

 

He took a deep breath, his brain working on full speed, and then pushed himself off the sill. The fall lasted less than a second and it was a huge relief when his feet touched the ground. Not only had he survived, but nothing were broken, nor did he face plant. With adrenaline still rushing through his system, Sehun brushed himself off and walked around the house and towards the garden at the back. He knew his father, for some reason, wasn’t too keen about locking the backdoor. And just like he’d expected. It was open and thereby granted him access back in the house and the living room.

 

Ten minutes later Eunbi exited the bathroom, clean and in a new pair of clothes. She sighed in content, glad to have taken a refreshing shower. There hadn’t been any time during the morning, for Luhan occupied it longer than usual, which in turn gave Eunbi no time. That he’d done it on purpose was no secret, especially as he ridiculed her the previous day. Mostly because of her injured nose, one he’d made fun of more than once the past twenty four hours. Ridiculous assumptions like plastic surgery surfaced several times and she’d kicked him in the shin to shut him up. Of course it’d only fueled his irritation and left her embarrassed by his humiliating words. None of their parents were home when it happened though, and Eunbi refused to say anything to either of them, thinking that Luhan would react just like Sehun did. To hear them apologizing weren’t going to happen anytime soon.

 

The girl stopped in her track as she glanced down the hall and at Sehun’s door. They key was nowhere to be seen and Eunbi could swear she’d left it in the lock. Maybe not. Had she misplaced it somewhere? No, it wasn’t like her to forget things, especially not where she’d left stuff. If she hadn’t forgotten it then w -. Her eyes widened in horror at the thought that Sehun had gotten a hold of it. The thought stayed with Eunbi for a few agonizing seconds until she spotted the key on the floor right under the door. It was a huge relief, for she wouldn’t have known what to do if he’d managed to get out.

 

Reaching down she wrapped her fingers around the object, put it back in the door and unlocked. Sehun was now free to do anything he wanted. Inside the house of course, and without bothering her and her studies. With that done, Eunbi headed downstairs to fix lunch. Well, more like put it into bowls and on plates and then heat it up again. Thank god her mother prepared the food, or the said girl would have cooked up some ramyeon and given it to Sehun. Not because her cooking skills were bad or anything. It was more a matter of time, which Eunbi practically had none of during this time of year. The girl froze in her step though, her eyes wide in shock at the sight of Sehun sitting at the kitchen table, eating. She’d locked the door so how did he get there? “What?” Eunbi shook her head, bewildered, before moving over to the fridge and the contents stored within. She could’ve sworn she’d locked the door. The key was there, too, even though it’d fallen onto the floor and -. Oh, she knew that trick. Eunbi spun around to face the male, putting the pieces together. Still, some things didn’t make sense. The door hadn’t been unlocked until she got out of the shower, which meant he must’ve gotten out another way. Slowly she began to realize how he’d gotten out and she freaked, “are you out of your mind?” her outburst startled not only Sehun, but Eunbi as well. Never had she reacted to his stupidity like that, maybe because it was the first time he’d put himself at danger willingly. “No.” his one word sentence increased the anger now building up. Did he not understand the risk, and not to mention the aftermath that would’ve followed if he injured himself? “You idiot. You could’ve hurt yourself.” his only reaction was nothing more than a simple shrug of his shoulders, like it didn’t even matter how it’d ended.

 

Eunbi couldn’t believe him, couldn’t believe how reckless he acted. His selfishness wasn’t cool and something that would come back and bite him in the . “Fine, do what you want. But don’t come crying when you hurt yourself.” suddenly fueled with anger and irritation, she stomped her way back to her bedroom, food and lunch no longer important. It wasn’t that Eunbi cared for him, not really. More that she feared the consequences of his actions, and didn’t want yesterday’s incident to ever happen again. “ing idiot.”

 

Downstairs Sehun finished his bowl of cereals, satisfied. He stood up, completely ignoring the fact that he should take the dish to the sink, and headed over to the living room where he sank down into the couch and started the tv. With a small smirk he increased the volume, higher and higher until his ears started to hurt. All to piss the younger girl off, who he knew was studying for the upcoming mid-term in two weeks. And just like he’d expected, the said girl came down, set in a frown. She stalked forward, grabbed the remote from his hand and turned the electronic device off. “Are you deaf? You don’t need to have it so damn high.” Eunbi glared at him, she knew he’d done it on purpose. Sehun however, ignored her, reached out for the remote and started the tv once again. The loud volume hit him like a painful shock wave.


A second later the room fell into complete, utter silence. They didn’t understand a thing, why the tv all of a sudden went pitch black. But then, small clouds of smoke began to rise from behind the object and Eunbi realized with horror that it’d broke. Sehun had actually managed to destroy it. “You idiot, look what you did.” her frown deepened, “I’m so tellin -.” Sehun was up on his feet in a second, his face set in a scowl, “you’re not telling anyone about this.” he gripped onto her arm just like she’d done the previous day, “I’ll let Luhan deal with you if you do.” he meant business. He always did every time he brought Luhan into the conversation. “Understood?” she gulped, nodded and stayed absolute silent as he continued, “one word and -.” he slid a finger across his throat, as if to terrify her further.