19

Forbidden Boys

 

 

Eunbi stared at the door before her, a frown plastered upon her lips. She disliked the sudden turn of events, more so since Sehun now needed to be taken care of. A task that’d been assigned to Eunbi despite her attempts to refuse. It’s only this week and it’ll be a good opportunity for you to study and prepare for the midterm, her mother’s words hadn’t eased Eunbi’s irritation at all and she’d tried to explain that, how she needed to be in school and how it would be the best preparation. The explanation had been met with deaf ears.


She pushed Sehun’s bedroom door open without knocking or making herself known. The room itself looked exactly like it’d done a couple of weeks earlier when she’d hid in there, only this time was Sehun actually present. “Your food.” she couldn’t care less whether he was sleeping or not as she, with a rather loud bang, put the tray down on his study desk and left. Eunbi was furious at him for doing what he’d done, that he’d put her in a position she hated. His problems were of no concern to her, and she wanted it to stay that way, especially now after his breakdown. In the room next to hers, Sehun woke up, stared at the food and then lay his head back down on the pillow. He wasn’t hungry, didn’t want anything to eat or drink. All he wanted was to get out of there, this prison that he both loved and hated for it stored and hid away every memory of his past and the person he used to be. Right then though, would he not mind if someone lit the place on fire, destroyed everything. That way he wouldn’t have to treasure something that pained him so greatly.


Suddenly fed up by rage he dashed out of bed, grabbed onto the photo album and violently tore it from its place on the shelf. The book fell down on the floor with a thud, a sound that caused him to freeze in his actions. Sehun stared at the page, the throbbing around his eye increasing as the salty tears slipped down his cheek. He hated how he cried, how everyone else but him seemed to have moved on. He hated how his father acted as if nothing was wrong, like nothing ever happened. Moreover, Sehun hated how his father replaced his mother with someone else.


Glancing up from her math book, Eunbi moved about to look at her door, certain that she’d heard something. It was dead quiet though, and the girl returned to her studies in hope to finish up before Luhan got home, for Eunbi knew she wouldn’t be able to get anything done after that. She was interrupted yet again a few moments later by the sound of footsteps outside her bedroom. It didn’t spark that much worry or attention at first as it could easily be Sehun needing to use the bathroom. A thought she soon enough discarded when the door downstairs slammed shut. “Don’t tell me he just left.” Eunbi knew the aftermath could be disastrous, that he might get himself into even more trouble. Worst of all, her mother were probably going to blame her for not looking after and taking care of the older male. With that in mind Eunbi grabbed a hold of her phone and keys, hurried down the staircase, locked the door and chased after Sehun. She couldn’t let him escape.


Sehun made his way down the busy street, ignoring the stares and whispers that were directed at him. It didn’t bother him, for the people around him were ghosts that didn’t exist. They were invisible, insignificant, and worthless. They all were. But his father was the worst, a person he could never forgive.


“Sehun. Stop.” a faint voice in the distance. He understood who it was without looking, he understood why she’d come after him and that caused him to quicken his phase. “SEHUN.” Eunbi yelled, not caring the slightest about the pedestrians as she began to run. There was simply too much at stake and the girl knew she’d be in deep if he managed to get away. Another thing Eunbi found herself mad about was the loss of study time that this little adventure cost her, something she feared were going to show on the mid-term. But really, to babysit a teenager wasn’t exactly what the girl signed up for. Nor had she foreseen the need to chase after the said teenager either. It was real tiresome running around like that and Eunbi couldn’t be happier when she finally latched onto Sehun’s arm, “I’m not letting you lea -.” her words caught in once she saw his face.


The bruises, his fat lip and the black eye. It was the first time she’d seen any of the injuries he’d sustained and she understood why the male had been allowed to stay home. “What the hell did you do?” it was obvious how he must’ve pissed someone off, got beaten up and then sent to the hospital. And now he’d been tossed over for her to take care of. A fact that made Eunbi even more furious, and she was not late to make that known, “I don’t understand why I have to babysit you.” seriously, he could fend for himself, which the current situation pretty much showed. “You don’t.” and with that Sehun pulled away, the action so violent she stumbled forward.


A few moments later, after Sehun disappeared off, were Eunbi following the older male. She’d might’ve failed in her try to bring him home, but she was nonetheless determined to check out where he was going. A thought rather pointless as he wouldn’t listen or do anything she told him. His persistent nature did him no good, not in a situation where he obviously needed help and someone to talk to. He shouldn’t have to run from his problems every time they bothered him. No one should. But then again, Eunbi couldn’t blame Sehun for she did the same, kept quiet. At least most of the time.


“EUNBI.” her heart jumped in fear, she’d been terrified this moment would come, that someone were going to see her out on the streets and ask why she hadn’t showed up for school. And now it’d become real. All because Sehun couldn’t stay put in his room. Speaking of which, where did he vanish of to? Panicking Eunbi let her gaze move between the crowded street, only to sigh when realizing she’d lost him. “Eunbi?” a light touch against her shoulder had the girl turning on her heel, thus coming face to face with not only Ahbin, but Yixing as well, “hi.” having met them like this wasn’t what she’d imagined, and therefore something Eunbi wanted over and done with. Ahbin on the other hand, didn’t share the same thought and began shooting questions at her, “why weren’t you in school?” “Are you sick?” “Do you need to go to the hospital?” she was at loss of words whilst trying to comprehend everything Ahbin was saying. All that along with the fact that Sehun succeeded in escaping. “Are you alright?” Eunbi wanted to say no, wanted to tell them how everything was not alright. But deep down, she knew she couldn’t. No one were supposed to know about Sehun’s incident. “Yeah.” Ahbin however, weren’t convinced, “you sure? I can -” Eunbi interrupted before the other girl could finish, “actually, I need to be somewhere.” as if to strengthen her point she glanced in the direction of where Sehun disappeared, thereby hoping they would understand she was in a hurry. “O-okay.” much to her relief both Ahbin and Yixing said their goodbyes, headed down the street and left.


Once making sure they were gone, Eunbi took off in search for Sehun, whom she needed to find before anyone saw him. It was a task easier said than done, for the girl had no idea what he occupied himself with normally, with the exception of drinking and -. Eunbi stopped in her track. Maybe that’s were he hid. In one of the many clubs. But to find which one would be an impossible task, and something she gave up pretty soon. That she’d lost him were going to create trouble back home, especially from her mother who’d specifically told Eunbi to look out and take care of Sehun. She’d failed. Big time.


And as if to make matters worse her mother called a few moments later. The older woman wanted to know how everything was going. “Great. Everything is great. Sehun’s sleeping and I’m studying,” it was an awful, but somewhat necessary lie, more so since she knew her mother and stepfather wouldn’t be home until late that day, which gave the girl approximately eight -nine hours to find Sehun. “Is that so? Then, do you mind telling my why the house is empty?” Eunbi could feel her pulse skyrocket, for her mother had just caught her lying. Something that’d never happened before, and all that because of Sehun. “I expect the two of you to be home in fifteen minutes. Is that understood?” she mumbled a few incoherent words, thus acknowledging her mother’s words. The call ended with that, and Eunbi let her teeth sink into her lower lip as to keep her emotions at bay.


“He’s so not getting away with this.”